'Generation Gimme': Can We or Should We Afford Them?

'Generation Gimme': Can We Or Should We Afford Them?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
The Entitlement mentality does seem to be gripping our nation at this point. Personal responsibility seems pretty much out the window now. But can we or should we afford 'Generation Gimme?'

Last edited:
The Nanny State will be our downfall if we don't stop the friggin' lefties.

That goddamn stupid black woman screaming about who's gonna take care of her 15 kids is a perfect example of what happens when personal responsibility, accountability, etc. are no part of an individual's upbringing. Absolute insanity, but she thinks she's right. God help us.

The Entitlement mentality does seem to be gripping our nation at this point. Personal responsibility seems pretty much out the window now. But can we or should we afford 'Generation Gimme?'

If by "generation Gimmie" you mean the top 1 percent who are making money hand over fist and screaming for more tax cuts, no, we can't afford them.

I think 'Generation Gimme' is a couple of Generations too late. The Gravy Train is now all out gravy.

If by "generation Gimmie" you mean the top 1 percent who are making money hand over fist and screaming for more tax cuts, no, we can't afford them.

Keeping more of your own earnings, while ~50% do not even contribute to income tax is not being part of the entitlement mentality

You know damn well that these money for nothing entitlement junkies are a plague... a group of parasites sucking the life's blood of our society

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Keeping more of your own earnings, while ~50% do not even contribute to income tax is not being part of the entitlement mentality

You know damn well that these money for nothing entitlement junkies are a plague... a group of parasites sucking the life's blood of our society

Actually, I was thinking more of corporations like GE who posted record profits and still got a huge fucking refund, or those who make all their money via corporate gains paying only 14-20 percent while the rest of us working stiffs have to pay 28 percent.

I think many are still very confused. Corporations are a part of 'Generation Gimme' too. They're demanding their Taxpayer Freebies as well.

I think many are still very confused. Corporations are a part of 'Generation Gimme' too. They're demanding their Taxpayer Freebies as well.

Oh don't get me wrong... I am completely against any type of kickback or handout...

But in terms of individual citizens, wanting more of what you personally earned instead of hiking takes to support handouts to those in the ~50% who pay nothing into the income tax system and have no true stake in the game.... that is a HUGE pet peeve of mine

You know the sermon I preach... equal % taxation on every dollar earned by every individual citizen, with zero exceptions, loopholes, etc.... no floor, no ceiling

And an equal rate standard corporate tax, with the elimination of the loopholes, etc as well...

Eliminate the favoritism everywhere

Those damn kids today...

004966_3.jpg

Now that is a truism that seems to get looked over by some folks. But not Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK).

End welfare for the wealthy

The debate in Congress this week about whether to pay for extending the payroll tax cut by imposing a new tax on millionaires will have nothing to do with solving our nation's economic challenges and everything to do with election-year politics. Senate Democratic leaders have already signaled they will use the debate as a purely partisan exercise designed to embarrass Republicans into opposing tax cuts for the poor while defending tax cuts for the rich.
I intend to offer an alternative. Instead of punishing the rich with higher taxes, I will give Congress the option of helping pay for extending the payroll tax cut by ending welfare to the wealthy.
Every year, politicians on both sides engage in a process of reverse Robin Hood in which they steal $30 billion from low- and middle-income Americans and provide handouts to the rich and famous.
Millionaires receive tax earmarks and deductions crafted by both parties that allow them to write off billions each year. These write-offs include mortgage interest deductions on second homes and luxury yachts, gambling losses, business expenses, electric vehicle credits and even child care tax credits.
Meanwhile, direct handouts for millionaires have included $74 million in unemployment checks, $316 million in farm subsidies, $89 million for preservation of ranches and estates, $9 billion in retirement checks and $7.5 million to compensate for damages caused by emergencies to property that should have been insured. Millionaires have even borrowed $16 million in government-backed education loans to attend college since 2007.
End welfare for the wealthy - CNN.com

For Coburns report on the breakdown go to; http://coburn.senate.gov/public//in...&File_id=544ae3e7-195b-40ad-aa84-334fdd6a5e1f

Unions were good when our great grandfathers started them, then their children inhetited the unions and our parents after them. It was through the mismanagement, greed, and corruption of our parents and grandparents who abused the system, and bled it dry. That has now brought about the downfall of the unions. They have no one to blame but themselves. Who suffers the most for it... my generation. Had it been used responsibly it would have ensured prosperity for all. The size and scope of government is the same thing, our parents and grandparents have given us a government so unweildly that trying to reel it in now is Herculean in task.

The vast majority of Congress is the baby boomer generation. Boomers in general, not all, have created every problem we have now. We talk about the gimmee generation now, but who produced them and wh0o raised them. Grandparents raising the grand children, amazing. The grandparents raised the children who are now dumping their children, strange huh. Maybe the problem is the boomer generation and the children they raised, and means left and right.

If this is generation gimmme then how did all the money get funneled to the top?

No, he means parasitic leeches like you who think you deserve something for nothing.

There are three types of people in this world: Looters, paracites, and producers.

The looters are the politicians, mostly Democrat that loot money from the producers to give to the paracites in return for thier votes.

Forum List

Back