'Generation Gimme': Can We or Should We Afford Them?

'Generation Gimme': Can We Or Should We Afford Them?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuMQjKiaDTg]Classic Movie Line #47 - YouTube[/ame]

I find that alot of right wingers confuse "Criminals" with the "poor". Those who scam medicaid, medicare, and/or the welfare system are "ciminals", not the "poor". This is just like criminals and the wealthy. Bernie maddoff was a criminal, the executives of ENRON that went to jail were criminals, all the doctors that are committing medicare fraud are criminals.

Now all of the congressmen and women that are still profiting off of insider trading because the law hasn't been changed yet, are not criminals. All of the companies that got bailed out by congress like AIG are not criminals, and all of the companies scamming the tax system through loopholes are not criminals. And every executive that writes himself a largest in history bonus check with the taxpayer money at Fannie and Freddie they aren't breaking the law either, just ask Newt back when he was cashing consulting checks.

I'm a Right Winger and i've never stated anything like that before. Criminals are criminals. You break the Law,you pay. I think that's pretty straight forward no? And not much of what you stated has anything to do with the Entitlement mentality that is running rampant in this country. So many looking to blame everyone else but themselves for their mistakes. Well guess what? The Gravy Train is off the tracks and is out of gravy. 'Generation Gimme' is a couple of generations too late.

Generation Gimme? Are you referring to the baby boomers, generation X, the millennials?

Just referring to the Entitlement attitude that is gripping our nation currently. So many people just want to blame anyone but themselves for their own mistakes and failures. They then feel they're entitled to someone elses income because they're not happy with how their lives have turned out. Personal responsibilty is disappearing fast in this country. But the thing is,'Generation Gimme' is a couple of generations too late. We're broke now. We just can't afford them.

The Entitlement mentality does seem to be gripping our nation at this point. Personal responsibility seems pretty much out the window now. But can we or should we afford 'Generation Gimme?'

The only problem with your poll is that people over 65 are the true "generation gimme." The greedy geezers get more swag from the federal government than any other age group. And they scream bloody murder if anyone even suggests reducing the flow of gravy to these hogs.

Yet, come to think of it, many support the gravy train of union retirement benefits that are crushing both the public and private sector.

When are the protests over those gonna start?

At some point hard decisions are gonna have to be made. The Well's run dry. 'Generation Gimme' got to the well too late.

The Entitlement mentality does seem to be gripping our nation at this point. Personal responsibility seems pretty much out the window now. But can we or should we afford 'Generation Gimme?'

If by "generation Gimmie" you mean the top 1 percent who are making money hand over fist and screaming for more tax cuts, no, we can't afford them.

Keeping more of your own earnings, while ~50% do not even contribute to income tax is not being part of the entitlement mentality

You know damn well that these money for nothing entitlement junkies are a plague... a group of parasites sucking the life's blood of our society

Yes you are right, as sad as the nation of entitlements has become. We are moving much too close to Greece and other European nations in serious trouble. When do we learn?

yeah fuck all those workers who toil for so little money they are not required to pay income tax.

They should be paying taxes instead of feeding their kids those lazy fucks

At some point hard decisions are gonna have to be made. The Well's run dry. 'Generation Gimme' got to the well too late.

I know a well we can go to to cure this all, its called the most wealthy people in the world who have seen their incomes soar in the last thirty years.

I think many are still trying to avoid answering this question. It is a very difficult problem. What does happen when the Well runs dry?

If by "generation Gimmie" you mean the top 1 percent who are making money hand over fist and screaming for more tax cuts, no, we can't afford them.

No, we mean the idiots like the OWS crowd.... the first generation coming into adulthood that were given participation certificates, were not allowed to play dodge ball, made the team even though they sucked, etc.

That's who we mean.

No, we mean the idiots like the OWS crowd.... the first generation coming into adulthood that were given participation certificates, were not allowed to play dodge ball, made the team even though they sucked, etc.

That's who we mean.
And everyone gets trophies...no winners, no losers, NO score kept...until they get in the real world...shazam! The real world keeps score...time to throw a fussfit...and break things, and demand everyone else's propertry.

That's who we mean.

I hate to break it to you but the Gimme Generation is all encompassing, in other words it includes some of those you worship. (see Tom Coburn piece earlier in this thread).

That's who we mean.

I hate to break it to you but the Gimme Generation is all encompassing, in other words it includes some of those you worship. (see Tom Coburn piece earlier in this thread).

There's only one entity I worship bub.... I'm not a liberal.

That's who we mean.
And everyone gets trophies...no winners, no losers, NO score kept...until they get in the real world...shazam! The real world keeps score...time to throw a fussfit...and break things, and demand everyone else's propertry.

You do not know what you are talking about.

That's who we mean.

You do not know what you are talking about.

Yaksqueeze. I do know what I see...what I hear, and trust my own instincts. I've been around alot longer than you. You may shut the fuck up now.:eusa_hand:

It's a never ending cycle. Every generation thinks that their generation is in some way superior to every generation that follows. Same bullshit, different decade.

Paulitician, I was pleased to find out that you didn't simply mean the youngest generations. Unfortunately, we have a lot of chest-pounding going on in here-with all these people who think that teenagers have it SOOOOO much better than they had it.

Oh really? How would you like to be graduating high school right now? High unemployment. Decreased dollar value. Two wars, with a third probably to follow. Wondering if there will be SS or Medicare after the Boomers (as an X'r, we're not too optimistic about that one).

And they're taking directions from people who want to accept credit for everything, except for how bad this country is fucked up. "DO AS I SAY DO...NOT AS I DO!!!"

Forum List

Back