Gen. Colin Powell 2024?

Powell wants no part of today’s political climate

Aw, bullshit.

He's on TV chatting up the talking heads complaining about President Trump and other political issues all the time.

He's already part of the political climate.

His involvement and outright lies during and for the Bush II regime makes him unacceptable. He blew it.

The Bushes have been rehabilitated as well.

But you still don't think its enough to earn your respect for Powell as a respectable GOP candidate?

Who do you think they should run instead?

Evan McMullen. Look at his credentials and experience.

If the 75 million little Trumpsters are exiled from having any influence on the GOP, who should the Party nominate in 2024?

How about Gen. Powell? He has the respect of the Liberal establishment and media, well loved across the board. Sleepy Joe likes him.

Sure, he's 84, but he's more able than the younger Biden to run a stationary campaign from his home and even make it to chat with the talking heads on the media on Sunday morning if needed.

Older, but still spry enough to lead the party that he sees as needing him.

Doctor Condoleezza Rice 2024.

As a Never-Trumper Colin won't be on any GOP ballot, as won't Kasich, Romney, or Cheney.

My caveat in the OP was who would be the nominee IF the Republican Party exiled the millions of little Trumpsters and were effective in telling them to go to perdition.

Of course now, you are right.

But if the Little Trumpsters hit the road, it changes the political calculus.
The energy in the GOP is for the Trump policies, if not for the man himself.
Trump's "America First Populism" is the GOP's policy, replacing "globalism".
I'm not voting for Trump in the primary, but if he is the GOP nominee in 2024, I will vote for him again over Xiden or Harris.

Kristi Noem is hot. It would be nice to have a hot president for a change.
Yes she is!

1622116746523.png

If the 75 million little Trumpsters are exiled from having any influence on the GOP, who should the Party nominate in 2024?

How about Gen. Powell? He has the respect of the Liberal establishment and media, well loved across the board. Sleepy Joe likes him.

Sure, he's 84, but he's more able than the younger Biden to run a stationary campaign from his home and even make it to chat with the talking heads on the media on Sunday morning if needed.

Doctor Condoleezza Rice 2024.
I hadn't considered Condoleezza Rice. She is probably happy to stay at Hoover/Stanford. We need a candidate with stainless steel balls who can take the crooked democrats/MSM on and go toe-to-toe with them every day.

Mike Pence
Ted Cruz
Mike Pompeo
Nikki Haley
Tom Cotton
Kristi Noem
Jim Jordan
Ron Desantis
Not Hogan, Rubio, Christie, Graham, or any Trump

He has the respect of the Liberal establishment and media?

Are you smoking crack?

That's the same shit we were told about McLame and Romney, to a lesser extent GWB, but we were told GWB was "electable" compared to Alan Keyes.

As soon as Powell was up against ANY democrook, he would become a "traitor, WARMONGER, right wing extremist, baby killer and an uncle tom". If Hitlery ran as a republicrat she could be challenged by TRUMP if he somehow was running on the democrook ticket and the media would suddenly "realize" what a criminal sociopath hag she really is.

As a Never-Trumper Colin won't be on any GOP ballot, as won't Kasich, Romney, or Cheney.
Are you saving the GOP Ballot for Marjorie Taylor Greene, or Matt Gaietz, or Kevin McCarthy or Jim Jordan?

or more for a DeSantis or Hawley?

His age rules him out.

I don't think so.

Mr. Biden showed how to run a low-energy campaign.

I'm not suggesting that General Powell would want to fly over the country making appearances everywhere. Do a more stationary , low key campaign from his home in McLean. Very doable, especially considering how close he lives to the capital.

Mr. Biden showed how to run a low-energy campaign.
The next presidential election will not have Covid-19 lockdowns as an excuse to stay in the basement and to criticize the other candidate for having large (super spreader) rallies.

Powell has made clear he won't run....years ago he made that clear.

Besides if he ran, the left would start calling him an Uncle Tom....he doesn't need racist attacks

No Chance
He is basically a black democrat, could never get on the GOP Ticket.

His involvement and outright lies during and for the Bush II regime makes him unacceptable. He blew it.

I like Powell.. I think he was torn between his oath and the realities about Iraq.. and he did resign.

But, 84 is too old.. I would like to see Powell as some sort of consultant.

Biden is in his 80's. I don't see 84 as "too old" to run at all, particularly if he has a Low Energy campaign.

Biden is 78, going on 95.

The OP is obviously a joke, I can't believe you baited me into commenting lol

I like Powell.. I think he was torn between his oath and the realities about Iraq.. and he did resign.

But, 84 is too old.. I would like to see Powell as some sort of consultant.

Biden is in his 80's. I don't see 84 as "too old" to run at all, particularly if he has a Low Energy campaign.

Biden is 78.

Forum List

Back