Gen. Colin Powell 2024?

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
If the 75 million little Trumpsters are exiled from having any influence on the GOP, who should the Party nominate in 2024?

How about Gen. Powell? He has the respect of the Liberal establishment and media, well loved across the board. Sleepy Joe likes him.

Sure, he's 84, but he's more able than the younger Biden to run a stationary campaign from his home and even make it to chat with the talking heads on the media on Sunday morning if needed.

Older, but still spry enough to lead the party that he sees as needing him.

His involvement and outright lies during and for the Bush II regime makes him unacceptable. He blew it.

The Bushes have been rehabilitated as well.

But you still don't think its enough to earn your respect for Powell as a respectable GOP candidate?

Who do you think they should run instead?

If the 75 million little Trumpsters are exiled from having any influence on the GOP, who should the Party nominate in 2024?

How about Gen. Powell? He has the respect of the Liberal establishment and media, well loved across the board. Sleepy Joe likes him.

Sure, he's 84, but he's more able than the younger Biden to run a stationary campaign from his home and even make it to chat with the talking heads on the media on Sunday morning if needed.

He will never outlive the disaster that is the war in Iraq...and he was front and center at making it happen....

He does not want to run for office.

As a Never-Trumper Colin won't be on any GOP ballot, as won't Kasich, Romney, or Cheney.

My caveat in the OP was who would be the nominee IF the Republican Party exiled the millions of little Trumpsters and were effective in telling them to go to perdition.

Of course now, you are right.

But if the Little Trumpsters hit the road, it changes the political calculus.

His involvement and outright lies during and for the Bush II regime makes him unacceptable. He blew it.

I like Powell.. I think he was torn between his oath and the realities about Iraq.. and he did resign.

But, 84 is too old.. I would like to see Powell as some sort of consultant.

He can be persuaded I'm sure.

He appears at speeches and on TV regularly any how.

And Sleepy Joe demonstrated how to run a low-energy campaign in 2020. Although no one would expect Gen. Powell to stay in his basement for a year, spending most of it on his porch is doable.

I like Powell.. I think he was torn between his oath and the realities about Iraq.. and he did resign.

But, 84 is too old.. I would like to see Powell as some sort of consultant.

Biden is in his 80's. I don't see 84 as "too old" to run at all, particularly if he has a Low Energy campaign.

He can be persuaded I'm sure.

He appears at speeches and on TV regularly any how.

And Sleepy Joe demonstrated how to run a low-energy campaign in 2020. Although no one would expect Gen. Powell to stay in his basement for a year, spending most of it on his porch is doable.
No he cant.

He stepped into the political swamp once and backed out because it was too ugly. He wants nothing to do with it,

Forum List

Back