GE owns MSNBC, MSNBC gets Obama Elected, GE doesnt pay Taxes

If there ever was a "Corporate-Owned' President,Barack Obama is it. What favors has he promised GE & NBC for being loyal Boot-Lickers? Stay tuned.

You guys act like this is something new. Well it isn't.

Study Tallies Corporations Not Paying Income Tax

By LYNNLEY BROWNING
Published: August 12, 2008
Correction Appended

Two out of every three United States corporations paid no federal income taxes from 1998 through 2005, according to a report released Tuesday by the Government Accountability Office, the investigative arm of Congress.

The study, which is likely to add to a growing debate among politicians and policy experts over the contribution of businesses to Treasury coffers, did not identify the corporations or analyze why they had paid no taxes. It also did not say whether they had been operating properly within the tax code or illegally evading it.

The study covers 1.3 million corporations of all sizes, most of them small, with a collective $2.5 trillion in sales. It includes foreign corporations that do business in the United States

Study Tallies Corporations Not Paying Income Tax - NYTimes.com

So while we're blaming Obama, let's blame GWB and Billy Clinton too!
And you know what? Let's lower corporate taxes! Of course it's hard to lower taxes when there are no taxes to lower with all the loopholes corporations use. No other country comes close to all the tax loopholes this country has. The US "as advertised" corporate tax rate is rarely paid at the set rate or even remotely close.

How funny the very people who defended Cheney meeting in secret with all the energy Ceos think one company giving to Obama must mean corruption

How funny the very people who defended Cheney meeting in secret with all the energy Ceos think one company giving to Obama must mean corruption

I was on the inside (GE).... the water was muddy and very deep.

Perhaps you should get back to hanging your laundry in the backyard. :eusa_whistle:

Now if we can only get you to hate all welfare, and not just corporate welfare, we could start getting somewhere

Yeah... those bastards collecting a couple hundred a week... how dare they? I actually have a plan for welfare, but you won't like it. It costs more money than we pay out now.

I guess it all depends on where you want your tax dollars to go. I'd rather it help American people down on their luck than propping up millionaires and billionaires just so they can ship jobs overseas and bitch about their damn near historical low tax rates.

But that's just me.

Government is your mommy, to kiss your boo-boos or to give you an allowance?? Funny, that is totally against the concept of a free society... with the freedom to succeed comes the freedom to fail..

I'd rather the tax dollars stay out of welfare and strictly to the enumerated powers listed in the Constitution
... And I would rather each person voluntarily decide how they wish to be charitable and to what cause or charity

Oh... while getting rid of all corporate welfare, farm subsidies, and everything else along those lines..

First off, Who's giving GE a pass? Certainly not me, or any other progressive I know. This is just yet another made up argument to make Conservatives feel better about themselves.

The simple truth is, Progressives hate corporate welfare... period. Another one is this stupid "Obama is the Messiah" crap that Conservatives continually spew. The only ones that believed that were the most ignorant of us. Obama is a politician, just like any other.

Now if we can only get you to hate all welfare, and not just corporate welfare, we could start getting somewhere

What would you do if liberals started hating welfare? Then you'd have to start supporting it!

What do you have against the constitution?

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Promote, not provide you ignorant asshole... and before you also try to break out the general welfare clause, please don't do like every other entitlement junkie supporting left-wing lunatic.. don't you dare try and take the term general welfare out of context and use the whole phrase of 'general welfare of the united states'.. AKA the union, not all individuals within the union..

Government is not your mommy... your nanny.. or your allowance giver.... regardless of how ones like you have tried to bastardize it to me

First off, Who's giving GE a pass? Certainly not me, or any other progressive I know. This is just yet another made up argument to make Conservatives feel better about themselves.

The simple truth is, Progressives hate corporate welfare... period. Another one is this stupid "Obama is the Messiah" crap that Conservatives continually spew. The only ones that believed that were the most ignorant of us. Obama is a politician, just like any other.

What would you do if liberals started hating welfare? Then you'd have to start supporting it!

What do you have against the constitution?

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

You're an idiot, please leave faster... BTW it's Promote General Welfare and getting it defined by a founding father who wrote it is not hard, try google.

In response to the OP:

How can MSNBC be so powerful that it could turn the tide of an election, and simultaneous be so far behind in the ratings behind FOX?

MSNBC can't both be all-powerful and bankrupt at the same time.

Change that rips us off

Democrats are evil.

Hilarious.

Republicans, the party of corporate interests, tries to drag Democrats into their pit of mud.

Oops, doesn't work. Why? Because it's too difficult to get Democrats to vote in a block. Republicans are 90% white and mostly Christian. Their leaders in congress are 99% white and mostly male. It's easy to buy them because they are all mostly the same.

And that "accent". How do they maintain it?

Change that rips us off

Democrats are evil.

Hilarious.

Republicans, the party of corporate interests, tries to drag Democrats into their pit of mud.

Oops, doesn't work. Why? Because it's too difficult to get Democrats to vote in a block. Republicans are 90% white and mostly Christian. Their leaders in congress are 99% white and mostly male. It's easy to buy them because they are all mostly the same.

Racist Bigot, Rtard.

Shocked? I'm not lol.

Change that rips us off

Democrats are evil.

Hilarious.

So wait?

If GE corp creates MSNBC, Then uses the media, MSNBC, to elect a lying welfare handout affimative action junior president in Mubarack Hussien Oprah, who then relieves GE of their tax burden, with a 4.8 billion 2010 profit sheet, it is awesome because republicans are the Wall st party even when MuBarack Hussien Oprah bailed out Goldman Sachs and gave tax breaks to Billionaires?

LOL

Democrats are educated

Change that rips us off

Democrats are evil.

Hilarious.

So wait?

If GE corp creates MSNBC, Then uses the media, MSNBC, to elect a lying welfare handout affimative action junior president in Mubarack Hussien Oprah, who then relieves GE of their tax burden, with a 4.8 billion 2010 profit sheet, it is awesome because republicans are the Wall st party even when MuBarack Hussien Oprah bailed out Goldman Sachs and gave tax breaks to Billionaires?

LOL

Democrats are educated

Obama extended the Bush tax cuts because Republicans threatened to cut the unemployment benefits of millions of Americans just before Christmas. It was only a few months ago. Not nearly enough time to "rewrite history". But it was a good try.

Wonder what the other Rachel Madcow chick has to say about this? Probably not much. She's owned by GE & NBC too. Put an R by this guy's name and she would be screeching Impeachment 24/7. I mean come on,Jeffrey Immelt "Jobs Czar?" Corrupt cronyism at its worst.

Actually she DID talk about it on her show with Eugene Robinson. Lawrence O'Donnell has done pretty extensive coverage on the issue as well. You will be hard pressed to find ANY progressives that support ANY corporate loopholes...whether they work for the company or not.

That's true. I've heard just about all the talking heads on MSNBC when discussing the zero-tax for GE issue preface their comments with "We should remind the audience that General Electric is our parent company, but..." (or words to that effect).

Forum List

Back