Gayest ad campaign ever?

*smirks* There, caught it, your ignorance on the culture is right there. Most of these organizations were started by straight people who took pity on the gay community, and many were started before the gay people could even get recognition. Trust me, they didn't all just appear a couple decades ago when you start to notice them.

Your coy smirks don't fool anyone you know. Well, not me anyway *smirks*

Are you going to back this up with even the slightest shred of evidence or is it going to be like the time you claimed that victims of gay bashing are predominantly straight people? :eusa_whistle:

1969: Yeah .. like the gay community could have started this one, what's even more is that the name itself tells who started it: PFLAG: Parents, Families, & Friends of Lesbians and Gays

1971: Perhaps they could have started it themselves ... but not likely: Gay and Lesbian Activists Alliance

Just like the whole world is only your back yard, history is only when you were aware of it, or so it seems.

uh,

In 1971, Dr. Kameny became the first openly gay candidate for the U.S. Congress when he ran in the District of Columbia's first election for a non-voting delegate to Congress. Following that election, Dr. Kameny and his campaign organization created the Gay and Lesbian Alliance of Washington, D.C., an organization which continues to lobby government and press the case for equal rights.
Franklin E. Kameny - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

sounds like you are, pardon the expression, talking out of your ass, kitten.

so, I take it neither of you gals that have gay friends have EVER heard them use the term Gay or Fag in reference to something "Being Gay" or someone "being a Fag"?

Some do, but most don't. None however throw such fits when it's used by others, unless they just want to be gay so they can be different.

Can you quantify that with evidence beyond your assertion?

NONE? Sure about that? You speak for every gay American who has every spoken?

1969: Yeah .. like the gay community could have started this one, what's even more is that the name itself tells who started it: PFLAG: Parents, Families, & Friends of Lesbians and Gays

1971: Perhaps they could have started it themselves ... but not likely: Gay and Lesbian Activists Alliance

Just like the whole world is only your back yard, history is only when you were aware of it, or so it seems.

uh,

In 1971, Dr. Kameny became the first openly gay candidate for the U.S. Congress when he ran in the District of Columbia's first election for a non-voting delegate to Congress. Following that election, Dr. Kameny and his campaign organization created the Gay and Lesbian Alliance of Washington, D.C., an organization which continues to lobby government and press the case for equal rights.

No, you see I said most, meaning that not ALL follow the rule, and not all of anything ever will. So it seems you are the one really talking our your ass.

The event that sparked PFLAG was in 1972 when Jeanne Manford was watching a TV news report and saw her son "being tossed down an escalator during a gay rights protest while the New York City Police Department stood by and watched."[5]

The idea for the organization arose out of Jeanne Manford's marching with her gay son Morty, carrying a sign saying: "Parents of Gays: Unite in Support for Our Children" in New York City's Christopher Street Liberation Day Gay Pride Parade (now known as Heritage of Pride) which started two years prior. People came up to Manford during and after the parade, applauding her actions and inspiring her to form a support group for gays and lesbians and their families. In time the scope of the organization – which turned into POG (Parents of Gays), later P-FLAG, and beginning in 1993, PFLAG – expanded to include bisexuals, and ultimately, transgender people.

Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is strike 2, kitten... tsk tsk tsk...

Are you sure that homosexuals are the ones that started using the word gay? Can you link me to that, por favor?

Educated guess based on the fact that they use the term in the title of all their organizations. Can you link ANY piece of evidence that my educated guess might be incorrect? :eusa_whistle:

Lol, rereading your sentence...straight people are biased against disapproval of gays.:lol::lol::lol:

Sure if against is synonymous with toward. :cuckoo:
I've no idea if it is correct or not. Reading up on the history of the word gay on Wikipedia it still isn't clear.

I'll assume since you didn't address the other topic you've decided to declare uncle. :lol:

uh,

No, you see I said most, meaning that not ALL follow the rule, and not all of anything ever will. So it seems you are the one really talking our your ass.

so, AGAIN, lets see you quantify your assertion with more than your opinons. So far, it doesn't seem like evidence gels with your posts.

You see.. THIS is what happens when you say silly shit that can easily be reserached on the internet had you taken the time BEFORE making assumptions in a post.

The event that sparked PFLAG was in 1972 when Jeanne Manford was watching a TV news report and saw her son "being tossed down an escalator during a gay rights protest while the New York City Police Department stood by and watched."[5]

The idea for the organization arose out of Jeanne Manford's marching with her gay son Morty, carrying a sign saying: "Parents of Gays: Unite in Support for Our Children" in New York City's Christopher Street Liberation Day Gay Pride Parade (now known as Heritage of Pride) which started two years prior. People came up to Manford during and after the parade, applauding her actions and inspiring her to form a support group for gays and lesbians and their families. In time the scope of the organization – which turned into POG (Parents of Gays), later P-FLAG, and beginning in 1993, PFLAG – expanded to include bisexuals, and ultimately, transgender people.

Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Started by his straight mother ... are you incapable of reading or comprehension? PFLAG was started and is still operation by straight parents and friends of gay people ...

... you are ignorant ... really. Ever wonder where I meet most of the gay people I know? Here's a hint, look at what the letters of PFLAG stand for.

Started by his straight mother ... are you incapable of reading or comprehension? PFLAG was started and is still operation by straight parents and friends of gay people ...

... you are ignorant ... really. Ever wonder where I meet most of the gay people I know? Here's a hint, look at what the letters of PFLAG stand for.

The premise of your accusation was that Mani didn't assume that gay support groups in the 70s were created by straits and not gays. Your first example was a fucking trainwreck and you know it. The second example was the direct product of a mother of a gay dude watching her son being thrown down a fucking elevator shaft. Indeed, which of us seems capable of reading the written fucking language?

after all... one sure would imagine that "FRIENDS OF GAYS..." groups indicate their origin by GAYS in the first fucking place, eh? hey, I wonder how many pumas and Tigers founded ""Friends of Cats"...

admit it.. you just got your ass handed to you for talking out your ass about shit that you know less about than you'd have us think.

Last edited:
Are you sure that homosexuals are the ones that started using the word gay? Can you link me to that, por favor?

Educated guess based on the fact that they use the term in the title of all their organizations. Can you link ANY piece of evidence that my educated guess might be incorrect? :eusa_whistle:

Lol, rereading your sentence...straight people are biased against disapproval of gays.:lol::lol::lol:

Sure if against is synonymous with toward. :cuckoo:
I've no idea if it is correct or not. Reading up on the history of the word gay on Wikipedia it still isn't clear.

I'll assume since you didn't address the other topic you've decided to declare uncle. :lol:

What other topic?

it's a shame that perfectly good words have been corrupted by political correctness.

Gay used to mean joyous, celebratory, happy now saying it or rather depending on who says it its a derogatory comment.

Even the word "black" has been corrupted by political correctness. it used to mean a color, or impenetrable darkness, now depending on who says it it is derogatory.

For example the term "black hole" the definition of which is a region of space resulting from the collapse of a star; extremely high gravitational field i snow a derogatory term for both African American women and African American homosexual men

it's a shame that perfectly good words have been corrupted by political correctness.

Gay used to mean joyous, celebratory, happy now saying it or rather depending on who says it its a derogatory comment.

Even the word "black" has been corrupted by political correctness. it used to mean a color, or impenetrable darkness, now depending on who says it it is derogatory.

For example the term "black hole" the definition of which is a region of space resulting from the collapse of a star; extremely high gravitational field i snow a derogatory term for both African American women and African American homosexual men

yeah, and now we can't use niggardly anymore either to mean cheap because it sounds too much like ******. And we all know how popular that one used to be.

yeah, and now we can't use niggardly anymore either to mean cheap because it sounds too much like ******. And we all know how popular that one used to be.

Ah yes another great word lost in the war of unoffensive language.

I'm not sure about the ad campaign as I don't have television reception and the computer I'm working on doesn't have the speakers hooked up so I can't watch it here, however---I can say calling something/someone "That's so GAY" in a generally derogatory fashion seems to me a primarily Jr High or elementary school thing.

Least it was when my kids were in those grades.

Does it really still extend to grades above that?

And to those age groups it didn't seem to mean frou-frou, it seemed to mean, queer; which brings me to my next point---I call myself:

Queer, homo, dyke, queer as a football bat and of course, Member in good standing of the Lesbian Mafia!!

But, that's just me!

I'm not sure about the ad campaign as I don't have television reception and the computer I'm working on doesn't have the speakers hooked up so I can't watch it here, however---I can say calling something/someone "That's so GAY" in a generally derogatory fashion seems to me a primarily Jr High or elementary school thing.

Least it was when my kids were in those grades.

Does it really still extend to grades above that?

Gay is a GREAT word, and yes, people still use it after jr high. When someone says "thats gay", it has nothing to do with gay people, unless it really does happen to be something gay, like a rainbow shirt or something. Of course i do understand that it might be offensive to gay people, but lets be honest, theres lots of things people get offended by and we cant keep everyone happy. Personally, i think of it as a mild swear word, and im somewhat careful about how i use it in public, but when im with my buddies, its not uncommon to hear that word thrown around.

Another word thats used like this is "fag". Imagine if your in a restaurant, and the food came to the table as you were coming back from the restroom, and you see your buddy take a bite of your burger, a typical response would be "Oh, you fag!".

Im guessing its far more common with guys than girls. It was a little weird seeing girls say it in the video.

Last edited:
What does it mean to you?

I almost find those ads insulting. If homosexuals appropriated the word gay as slang, who are they to say someone else can't appropriate it as slang?

Though I actually have no clue as to whose bright idea it was to use the word gay to refer to gays.

Wait? Does this mean us whiteys can use the N word too? Or is that DIFFERENT?

I just love how because someone doesn't know anyone like what another person knows they are lying ... that's just deflection and pretty lame, really. The intelligent person would simply state that they don't know the same people you do.

I bet you have no prblem claiming Bush lied though, right?

What does it mean to you?

I almost find those ads insulting. If homosexuals appropriated the word gay as slang, who are they to say someone else can't appropriate it as slang?

Though I actually have no clue as to whose bright idea it was to use the word gay to refer to gays.

Wait? Does this mean us whiteys can use the N word too? Or is that DIFFERENT?

Ravi makes a fantastic point, yet so do you Sarge. Im a little torn between the 2. It wont stop me from changing my vocabulary, though i rarely use those words anyway, but on occasion it can be appropriate, in my opinion.

Note: I dont use the N word ever though. It really IS a bad word.

Forum List

Back