Gayest ad campaign ever?

Those ... are ... stupid.

See? Didn't say gay! Really though, as I have said, most of the people screaming about the gay insults are straight.

I don't understand this. I thought saying something was gay was like saying something was frou frou.

It means something is stupid??? :confused:

What does it mean to you?

I almost find those ads insulting. If homosexuals appropriated the word gay as slang, who are they to say someone else can't appropriate it as slang?

Though I actually have no clue as to whose bright idea it was to use the word gay to refer to gays.

Ravi is right ... to many it does mean "froo froo" (I spell if different), and that's what it use to mean, even to the gay people.

I'd say that it literally means homosexual-like, but metaphorically it means lame, wimpy, girly or all of the above. People used to use queer the same way (oh quit being a queer, that's so queer! etc.), then queers started calling themselves gays...

Gays might consider taking a page from their own rhetoric and learn to be tolerant of the fact that many, if not most, straight people are born with a natural bias toward disapproval of homosexuality.

Mani ... how do you know it's them calling themselves such? Most gay people I know use the term "homosexual" and have for at least a couple decades. Ever stop to think that maybe those are the labels the rest of us use? The reason the "gay" label is often used is because of the original meaning of the word, and gay people do seem ... well ... gay when they are acting effeminate. (Gay = happy and joyful)

Every gay man I've ever met calls themselves gay. And forgive if I don't immediately believe you following your recent queer as a "two" dollar bill betrayal of bs peddling. :lol:

Edit: And so I guess you the think the "G" in GLSEN stands for homosexual then. :rofl:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back