Gay Parents Ready Kids for White House Easter Egg Roll

Nuc said:
I guess because everybody likes to feel accepted and they are hoping society will accept them. Obviously this will probably never be 100% true due to the virulent opposition homosexuality prompts.

Pedophiles want to be accepted. Liars and Theives are already accepted - and at times are voted into office. Murderers are probably lobbying right now for protection under the law.

If any OTHER behaviour-specific group tries to ask for protection - you say it's apples and oranges. I mean, after all, a LOT of that happens in the privacy of their homes, and does NOT affect you or ME one bit.

If you have LEGITIMATE reasons to support homosexual rights, fine. Your 'it's none of my business' argument falls flatter than Calista Flockhart.

dmp said:
You take topic A and avoid all logical discussion/reason/rational thought because you feel topic B is worse/more important/more common/whatever.

Yeah right. OK, is homosexuality the biggest threat to public health and morality or not? I don't think so.

Nuc said:
Yeah right. OK, is homosexuality the biggest threat to public health and morality or not? I don't think so.

Again - you're being stupid.

Biggest threat to public health? No. But it's a VERY LARGE threat to those who participate in the behavior - and it's a HUGE emotional threat to kids who are being bombarded with sexual scences/advice/situations. Homosexuality will lead to early death in those who participate. Homosexuality will lead to increased pedophilia. Homosexuality will lead to greater instance of domestic violence and intolerance.

dmp said:
Again - you're being stupid.

Biggest threat to public health? No. But it's a VERY LARGE threat to those who participate in the behavior - and it's a HUGE emotional threat to kids who are being bombarded with sexual scences/advice/situations. Homosexuality will lead to early death in those who participate. Homosexuality will lead to increased pedophilia. Homosexuality will lead to greater instance of domestic violence and intolerance.

OK now you will claim I'm doing a shell game again, but kids are being bombarded with all kinds of sexual imagery, gay and straight, mostly straight and I will agree with you that it is harmful to them. All of it, not just the gay stuff.

As far as the rest, I know a lot of gays and they are all healthy, have stable home lives and a lower rate of domestic violence on the whole than the straight people I know. None of them are pedophiles to my knowledge. This is my experience, not anecdotal evidence or statistics.

If it is true that gays are maladjusted it is also possible to make an argument that they are because of their outsider status in society rather than the gayness itself. But we'll never know that for sure until we have several generations of gay people who are accepted in society, which will never happen.

GotZoom said:
His response shows that you were incorrect.

It's his choice to go into more detail if he so desires.

My apologies if I made incorrect assumptions about dmp. Maybe there's some information I am not privy to.

Nuc said:
OK now you will claim I'm doing a shell game again, but kids are being bombarded with all kinds of sexual imagery, gay and straight, mostly straight and I will agree with you that it is harmful to them. All of it, not just the gay stuff.

As far as the rest, I know a lot of gays and they are all healthy, have stable home lives and a lower rate of domestic violence on the whole than the straight people I know. None of them are pedophiles to my knowledge. This is my experience, not anecdotal evidence or statistics.

If it is true that gays are maladjusted it is also possible to make an argument that they are because of their outsider status in society rather than the gayness itself. But we'll never know that for sure until we have several generations of gay people who are accepted in society, which will never happen.

See, you're part of the "I'll have you know" crowd. Statistically, gays don't live as long, have a greater instance of domestic violence, have a higher incidence of STDs, and are more likely to suffer from depression and anxiety. This is true. It's the trend. Well, there's always exceptions to the trend, but that doesn't disprove the trend. I mean, I know a girl whose dad left when she was little. The trend is that girls like that will be unsuccessful in life, very promiscuous, and will end up in an unhappy and abusive relationship. She has bucked the trend and is very successful, but that doesn't disprove the trend. What people like you do is, when presented with statistics and proof of correlation, you immediately spout off with, "Well, I'll have you know that..." as if a single exception somehow disproves a trend with an enourmous sample size and years of study. It doesn't. Get over yourself.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Hey guys, I remembered someone who came up with something positive about homosexuals.

Dennis Miller had George Carlin on his show during the "Don't ask don't tell" era. Since Carlin had been in the Air Force, Miller asked him what he thought of this policy. His reply was something like this. . . . "when I was in the Air Force we pretty much knew who was gay and most didn't have a problem with it because when we got leave and went to town it meant more pussy for us!". Easily one of the funniest things I have ever watched on TV.

Emmett said:
Wow, you threw so many made up numbers out there I am dizzy! Here are some numbers for ya!

100% of homo's are queer!

Every male child molester is a weird sick fuck!

100% of homo's have a psychological problem I have no desire to understand!

There we go!

And every female child molestor isn't a sick fuck? You have no evidence that 100 percent of homosexuals have a psychological problem....OMG!!! 100% of homosexuals are.......homosexual!!! Whaddya do for an encore, tell us pilots fly planes???

Hobbit said:
See, you're part of the "I'll have you know" crowd. Statistically, gays don't live as long, have a greater instance of domestic violence, have a higher incidence of STDs, and are more likely to suffer from depression and anxiety. This is true. It's the trend. Well, there's always exceptions to the trend, but that doesn't disprove the trend. I mean, I know a girl whose dad left when she was little. The trend is that girls like that will be unsuccessful in life, very promiscuous, and will end up in an unhappy and abusive relationship. She has bucked the trend and is very successful, but that doesn't disprove the trend. What people like you do is, when presented with statistics and proof of correlation, you immediately spout off with, "Well, I'll have you know that..." as if a single exception somehow disproves a trend with an enourmous sample size and years of study. It doesn't. Get over yourself.

You get over yourself. Read what i posted. I am not talking about a single exception to your theories. I am talking about every homosexual I know, which is a large number. I am getting bored with this argument. I understand fully that many Christians like you hate gays and the gay lifestyle. I don't understand what about hate is so Christian, but that's your problem, not mine. Your attitude is homosexuality is abnormal, I hate them. Mine is , maybe it's a normal variation, but even if it is abnormal, I'm not going to hate them, because there is a lot more to a person than what they do in bed. I think they deserve respect and I'm certainly not going to change my mind because of a religion I don't even practice.

Nuc said:
Hi! I clearly express how I feel here on the forums. Generally however, I'll make comments showing myself as thinking one way, but when you call me on it I'll sit back and say you just don't understand, or that I am not the way most of my posts indidcate I am, and junk.

Fixed that for ya little brother. :) I had to because you're simply having trouble reading. You toss out fact, and data then make sweeping claims about people - when there exists NO evidence for your claim. For example, your implications that Christians HATE homosexuals. It's stupid for you to say; shows your ignorance.

dmp said:
Fixed that for ya little brother. :) I had to because you're simply having trouble reading. You toss out fact, and data then make sweeping claims about people - when there exists NO evidence for your claim. For example, your implications that Christians HATE homosexuals. It's stupid for you to say; shows your ignorance.

:boohoo: :cuckoo: If we were brothers, you'd be my little brother. You read the board. You know that the most virulent homophobes identify themselves as Christians. Now you're playing dumb. Another correction: I did not attempt to support my OPINIONS about gays with fact or data. Only descriptions of my own experience with them and what my own friends in the real world are like. I'm just expressing my opinion. I can not PROVE that gays are normal. I tend to think that things that occur in nature are natural. I can not PROVE that treating them like equals or like human beings will make society a better place. It's just my opinion that it's not fair to discriminate against them because of sexual orientation. I also think that people who obsess on the subject and need to repeatedly bash gays as a group have an emotional or mental problem themselves. There are a lot of things in this world to get angry about. Why that one? It's probably the number one or two topic on this board. Gay bashing. Isn't it a bit much and repetitive?

Nuc said:
:boohoo: :cuckoo: If we were brothers, you'd be my little brother. You read the board. You know that the most virulent homophobes identify themselves as Christians. Now you're playing dumb. Another correction: I did not attempt to support my OPINIONS about gays with fact or data. Only descriptions of my own experience with them and what my own friends in the real world are like. I'm just expressing my opinion. I can not PROVE that gays are normal. I tend to think that things that occur in nature are natural. I can not PROVE that treating them like equals or like human beings will make society a better place. It's just my opinion that it's not fair to discriminate against them because of sexual orientation. I also think that people who obsess on the subject and need to repeatedly bash gays as a group have an emotional or mental problem themselves. There are a lot of things in this world to get angry about. Why that one? It's probably the number one or two topic on this board. Gay bashing. Isn't it a bit much and repetitive?

The above illustrates you may just have a learning disorder.

Nuc said:
The above shows that you are evasive. :wank: :soul:

Think of that all by yourself?

Your opinion is a very very bad opinion because you have no data to back your opinion. You are free to hold your opinion, just know that your lack of ability to substantiate your viewpoint makes you...soft. (shrug)

dmp said:
Think of that all by yourself?

Your opinion is a very very bad opinion because you have no data to back your opinion. You are free to hold your opinion, just know that your lack of ability to substantiate your viewpoint makes you...soft. (shrug)

As I said, I base my opinion on my real life experience and observations, not on what I hear on Rush Limbaugh or see on Bill O'Reilly.

Nevertheless you have persuaded me that my tolerance and acceptance of homosexuality is demented. Here's what I propose to rectify the situation. We should round up all the homosexuals. Fill up Lambeau field with pink jello and drop them into it from big military helicopters. If any of them survive we should strap them into barbers chairs, stick headphones on their heads and force them to listen to Elton John and Barry Manilow until their ears bleed. At the same time we should make them watch "The Ten Commandments". Then we dump them back into the jello filled stadium again, and repeat this process until they are all dead.

dmp said:
Pedophiles want to be accepted. Liars and Theives are already accepted - and at times are voted into office. Murderers are probably lobbying right now for protection under the law.

You're comparing a lifestyle that has zero impact on you to deeds that directly impact on others without their consent? That IS apples and oranges....

dmp said:
If any OTHER behaviour-specific group tries to ask for protection - you say it's apples and oranges. I mean, after all, a LOT of that happens in the privacy of their homes, and does NOT affect you or ME one bit.

But it does affect others against their will.

dmp said:
If you have LEGITIMATE reasons to support homosexual rights, fine. Your 'it's none of my business' argument falls flatter than Calista Flockhart.

No it does not. Their sexual orientation is about as much your business as it is mine as to what colour clothes you wear, the car you drive or the house you own. IOW, it ain't none of my business.... :cof:

Forum List

Back