Should gays be able to get marries?

• Yes, gays can marry

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • No, gays cannot marry

Votes: 28 62.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
biggoted of me I'm sure, but doesn't seem right. Hey, do what you want, but not in front of me and don't ask for tax breaks that the 'breeders' get.

I refuse to answer. I feel gays can do whatever they want so long as it abides by the law. If the law says they can't marry, then they can't marry. If they wish to change that, do it the right way. Don't have an activist judge create laws from the bench for your benefit.

Yup. I agree. It should be against the law, how can a kid be raised to be a succesful person if mommy and daddy both pee'd in the same urinal?

Originally posted by Semper Fi
Yup. I agree. It should be against the law, how can a kid be raised to be a succesful person if mommy and daddy both pee'd in the same urinal?

while i agree with you, that argument is super lame.

Originally posted by Kathianne
biggoted of me I'm sure, but doesn't seem right. Hey, do what you want, but not in front of me and don't ask for tax breaks that the 'breeders' get.

I so agree with you..as long as they don't do it around me than go and have fun...and just please don't do it around my children..that's why I have them in about 100 years..:cof:

Originally posted by Avatar4321
while i agree with you, that argument is super lame.

Well I didnt mean it literally. I meant that I believe that in order to raise a kid right, both a male and female need to contribute themselves. You cant do that with a male and male or female and female. Other than that, yeah my argument was pretty lame. I was kinda mad when I put that in.

I think the point of marriage is to bring kids into the world into a loving environment where they will learn and prosper. I don't think thats possible with a Gay relationship. You will be devoid of a whole gender of experience. Who will be the father figure in a lesbian relationship? Who will be the mother in a gay relationship? Add in the fact that most gays don't want to be married in the first place and the whole argument becomes absurd.

From the book of Romans Chapter 1:22-32, NKJV.

I realize I quoted scripture, but the poll asked my opinion based upon hhow I voted and this is what I base my opinion on.

22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man--and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things. 24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. 26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due. 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, F3 wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, F4 unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

You mean we're going to go over this whole thing AGAIN??!!

My God... how many pages on this subject did we have last time? 35? 40? And it wasn't long ago!! :mad:

Originally posted by Pale Rider
You mean we're going to go over this whole thing AGAIN??!!

My God... how many pages on this subject did we have last time? 35? 40? And it wasn't long ago!! :mad:

Just found it. The prior queer wedding thread went on for 1101 reply's on 74 pages, and was finaly LOCKED!

Go back 17 pages here in this catagory if you really want to know how people here feel about queers and marriage semperfi. Practically EVERYONE got in on it.

Im sure its been discussed multiple times. I started this thread to start conversation and debate. Thats a good thing about message boards.

Gay couples deserve the same level of legal committment allowable to a man and wife. If they want to suffer from binding legal marriage and messy divorces they can have it.

Practically, gay marriages would only cut AIDS and hepatitus in that population by legally enforcing monogamy by preventing a legal grounds for divorce and monetary penalties ascribes to infidelity in court.

i just don't want to see them put an anti-gay marriage amendment in the constitution... that would sicken me. i don't know much about the practicality and the legality of gay marriage right now, or what it will be in the future, but i do not want hate or discrimination or whatever you'd like to call it put in the most sacred document we have, the constitution.

our constitution includes people, it does not exclude them.

Originally posted by Comrade
Practically, gay marriages would only cut AIDS and hepatitus in that population by legally enforcing monogamy by preventing a legal grounds for divorce and monetary penalties ascribes to infidelity in court.

...except for the fact that gay relationships are much more likely to end in 'cheating'...domestic violence too..

Im sure its been discussed multiple times. I started this thread to start conversation and debate. Thats a good thing about message boards.

Well since it would appear you missed out on the last marathon 1101 posts and 74 pages of fag marriage debate, have at 'er.

But just so you know where I stand, since you feel you need to know, I think queers should take their "civil union" and shut the fuck up. No one in the last 1101 posts and 74 pages was EVER able to answer the question... "WHY DO THEY NEED FOR IT TO BE *MARRIAGE*, WHY DO THEY FEEL THE NEED TO DESECRATE THE HOLY UNION OF A MAN AND A WOMAN IN THE EYES OF GOD WITH THEIR BUTT POKING, CRACK LAPPING, SICK PERVERTED WAYS"?!

If they can enjoy ALL the LEGAL benefits of marriage with a civil union, WHY must they feel the need to be MARRIED? That's for a MAN and a WOMAN, not dick licking fags or crack lapping lezbos.

There's my debate.... :mad:

I've never been much for labels. If it comes down to a gay/lesbian partner for decades getting insurance and such I'm for it. I suppose I'm for it because I think we should be able to do what we want and marriage to me is a freedom that shouldn't be ruled by government.

Pale Rider:

One school of thought has it that homos are pushing for marrige so that they can more easily get civil unions - in much the same way as you might initially ask $2000 for a used car, but be perfectly happy to take $1500.

NATO AIR:

The Constitution was not designed to be in the " inclusion" or " exclusion" business. It's purpose is to specifically enumerate the powers of the federal government, granting all powers not so enumerated to the states, or to the people. That's why Affirmative Action and Roe vs. Wade are, quite simply, bad law. The federal government was never supposed to get into social issues like these.

Those seeking some Constitutional protection of marriage are merely trying to derail a runaway judiciary which has made a mockery of the constitutional process, and routinely circumvents the will of the American people. I think it's a perfectly appropriate remedy - and a great start.

Thousands of kids have had childhoods like that and turned out fine...if the parents love him/her it's fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back