Gay marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Semper Fi, Jul 6, 2004.

?

Should gays be able to get marries?

1. Yes, gays can marry

17 vote(s)
    37.8%
  2. No, gays cannot marry

28 vote(s)
    62.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Semper Fi

Semper Fi VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Should they get married? Why or why not?

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    biggoted of me I'm sure, but doesn't seem right. Hey, do what you want, but not in front of me and don't ask for tax breaks that the 'breeders' get.

3. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    I refuse to answer. I feel gays can do whatever they want so long as it abides by the law. If the law says they can't marry, then they can't marry. If they wish to change that, do it the right way. Don't have an activist judge create laws from the bench for your benefit.

4. Semper Fi

Semper Fi VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Yup. I agree. It should be against the law, how can a kid be raised to be a succesful person if mommy and daddy both pee'd in the same urinal?

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    while i agree with you, that argument is super lame.

6. Jmarie

Jmarie Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I so agree with you..as long as they don't do it around me than go and have fun...and just please don't do it around my children..that's why I have them in about 100 years..:cof:

7. Semper Fi

Semper Fi VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Well I didnt mean it literally. I meant that I believe that in order to raise a kid right, both a male and female need to contribute themselves. You cant do that with a male and male or female and female. Other than that, yeah my argument was pretty lame. I was kinda mad when I put that in.

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Getting married and allowing them to adopt kids are 2 different things.

9. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    I think the point of marriage is to bring kids into the world into a loving environment where they will learn and prosper. I don't think thats possible with a Gay relationship. You will be devoid of a whole gender of experience. Who will be the father figure in a lesbian relationship? Who will be the mother in a gay relationship? Add in the fact that most gays don't want to be married in the first place and the whole argument becomes absurd.

10. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    From the book of Romans Chapter 1:22-32, NKJV.

I realize I quoted scripture, but the poll asked my opinion based upon hhow I voted and this is what I base my opinion on.

22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man--and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things. 24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. 26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due. 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, F3 wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, F4 unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.