Gay Activists Try to Silence Men Attracted to Men -- Who Marry Women

Where_r_my_Keys

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2014
"TLC has touched a nerve with gay rights activists with its plan to air a “documentary” on Sunday that depicts men who say they have been sexually attracted to men but because of their Christian faith have chosen to marry a woman and raise children in a two-parent home.

The program, “My Husband's Not Gay,” features three couples and one single man who are devout members of the Church of Latter Day Saints. A trailer of the show shows the men talking about their decision and their marriages.

“There’s no marriage that is perfect,” one man says. “Ours isn’t, but with our faith in God, we believe we can overcome anything.”

“I like to say I’ve chosen an alternative to an alternative lifestyle,” another man says.

“I’m attracted to my wife, for sure,” another man says. “And I’m definitely attracted to men too.’

“The whole act is against the teaching of the gospel,” one of the men says in the trailer for the program.

Mod Edit: Per copyright rules, please do not post the entire article. Post a medium sized portion, and a link. Article edited, entire article at link.

Gay Activists Try to Silence Men Attracted to Men -- Who Marry Women CNS News

Last edited by a moderator:
Individual choice is what the left will not tolerate.
Oh even for you Katz that's just lazy

Certainly you already know that choice is something the left fights. The left argues against individual choice every day on this very board. Should Sarah Palin have been allowed the choice of giving birth to her disabled boy? Should the baker have the individual choice of who to do business with? People are free to do anything they want, except something that disagrees with liberal dogma. Of course a man who is attracted to men should not be allowed to marry a woman and have a normal life with a normal family. If one does, he should remain hidden from public view.

Why is this board so obsessed with queers? Get a grip folks

Because as a society we're not hating them like we used to. Which might explain why folks like the OP have insisted that unless gays 'sit down and shut the fuck up' that there will be a war against gays that 'makes hate crimes look like sunday brunch'. Others have called for the 'homo wars'.

Hate, thuggery and calls for violence against gays by select conservatives.

Shocker.

The program proves that being a homo and living the fudge packer lifestyle is a "choice". ...... :cool:

I think with the proper conditioning you could control the sexuality of many people. Using the same techniques used to 'cure' homosexuality, you could turn quite a few heterosexuals to homosexual acts.

Those in both cases, you're merely controlling the behavior. Not the sexual attraction.

The TLC program proves that being a homo and living the fudge packer lifestyle is a "choice". ...... :cool:

Nope.

It proves that religion is intolerant and strives to force adherents to live a lie.

Gotta feel bad for these people, both the men and the wives. Sad to be forced to live lives of quiet desperation and cheating on their vows.

Iran has a 100% cure rate for homosexuality. ..... :thup:

You always post against freedom. Since you hate the US so much, why don't you leave?

"TLC has touched a nerve with gay rights activists with its plan to air a “documentary” on Sunday that depicts men who say they have been sexually attracted to men but because of their Christian faith have chosen to marry a woman and raise children in a two-parent home.

The program, “My Husband's Not Gay,” features three couples and one single man who are devout members of the Church of Latter Day Saints. A trailer of the show shows the men talking about their decision and their marriages.

“There’s no marriage that is perfect,” one man says. “Ours isn’t, but with our faith in God, we believe we can overcome anything.”

“I like to say I’ve chosen an alternative to an alternative lifestyle,” another man says.

“I’m attracted to my wife, for sure,” another man says. “And I’m definitely attracted to men too.’

“The whole act is against the teaching of the gospel,” one of the men says in the trailer for the program.

TLC, which is known for its reality shows featuring families and people facing challenges most people don’t face – from “My 600 Pound Life,” to “19 Kids and Counting” – describes the program this way:

“In Salt Lake City, UT, there are some Mormons who live their lives... a little differently. There are some men who are happily married and attracted to their wives, but they are also attracted to other men. They refer to it as Same Sex Attraction... not gay, SSA.

“In the new TLC special My Husband’s Not Gay these couples share the challenges they face every day and explain why they have decided to live the way they do, and explore how these wives endure this unusual facet in their relationships as they strive to make their marriages work.”

But gay rights activists, including one who launched a petition, demanding that TLC cancel the show, aren’t happy. That’s because the TLC show depicts men who say they have chosen to be heterosexual despite their homosexual urges because of their belief in God and biblical teachings against same-sex relations.

"No one can change who they love, and, more importantly, no one should have to," GLAAD President Sarah Kate Ellis said in a statement. "By investing in this dangerous programming, TLC is putting countless young LGBT people in harm's way."

The man who launched the petition on Dec. 29, which has gathered more than 96,000 signatures, wrote this about his campaign: “This January, TLC will debut “My Husband’s Not Gay,” a TV show that promotes the false and dangerous idea that gay people can and should choose to be straight in order to be part of their faith communities.

“As a gay Christian man who’s seen first hand how this message can harm people, I am calling on TLC to cancel ‘My Husband’s Not Gay’ and to stop telling America that LGBT people should lie to themselves and to their faith communities about who they are and who they love.”

But TLC is defending the program and issued the following statement:

“TLC has long shared compelling stories about real people and different ways of life, without judgment. The individuals featured in this one-hour special reveal the decisions they have made, and speak only for themselves.”

It will be interested to see reaction to this program, because it adds “choice” to the discussion about homosexuality – a six-letter word that spells a challenge to the gay right’s activists’ claim that they have no choice but to be sexually attracted to people of the same sex or both sexes.

For some people in Utah at least that is clearly not the case.

“My Husband Is Not Gay” will air at 10 p.m. EST on TLC."

Hey....what's wrong with living a lie.

“There’s no marriage that is perfect,” one man says."

Gay Activists Try to Silence Men Attracted to Men -- Who Marry Women CNS News

Forum List

Back