Gavel Within Grasp: Dems Eye Russia Probe

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
5bcd49591f0000710325983c.jpeg

Democrats Expected To Re-Open Russia Probe If They Win The House

Here’s a look at what Democrats are likely to investigate if they take the House majority.

WASHINGTON (AP) — House Democrats are expected to re-open the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election if they win the majority in November. But they would have to be selective in what they investigate.

California Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the House intelligence panel, has said his party would have to “ruthlessly prioritize the most important matters first.”

The Republican-led Intelligence Committee was the only House panel to investigate Russian meddling, and its investigation is now closed. Republicans say they found no evidence of collusion between Russia and President Donald Trump’s campaign.

Democrats say Republicans ignored key facts and important witnesses and want to restart parts of the investigation if they win the House. But some Democrats also worry that there could be a political cost if they overreach.

Schiff and other lawmakers say they are closely watching special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation and the Senate’s Russia probe to look for gaps that they could fill. And if Mueller issues any findings, their investigative plans could change.

“My sense is that we want to be precise,” says California Rep. Eric Swalwell, a Democratic member of the intelligence panel.

Here’s a look at what Democrats are likely to investigate if they take the House majority.
  • MONEY LAUNDERING
  • MORE WITNESSES
  • PUBLIC HEARINGS
  • DONALD TRUMP JR.
  • TRUMP’S TAXES
  • ISSUES RELATED TO COLLUSION
  • PROTECTION FOR ROBERT MUELLER
DETAILS: Democrats Expected To Re-Open Russia Probe If They Win The House

Sounds good to me! They have my vote! What do you think? PUBLIC HEARINGS is my favorite!

Last edited:
shush!

i think you might just be giving reason for Trump supporters to go out and vote for republican congress critters and senators that they once claimed were the establishment and they hated, and they did not trust, Rinos :eek:

right now, there is absolutely no oversight from the R's on the executive branch, and that's how Trump, Mr Authoritarian himself, likes it!

WASHINGTON (AP) — House Democrats are expected to re-open the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election if they win the majority in November. But they would have to be selective in what they investigate.

California Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the House intelligence panel, has said his party would have to “ruthlessly prioritize the most important matters first.”

The Republican-led Intelligence Committee was the only House panel to investigate Russian meddling, and its investigation is now closed. Republicans say they found no evidence of collusion between Russia and President Donald Trump’s campaign.

Democrats say Republicans ignored key facts and important witnesses and want to restart parts of the investigation if they win the House. But some Democrats also worry that there could be a political cost if they overreach.

Schiff and other lawmakers say they are closely watching special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation and the Senate’s Russia probe to look for gaps that they could fill. And if Mueller issues any findings, their investigative plans could change.

“My sense is that we want to be precise,” says California Rep. Eric Swalwell, a Democratic member of the intelligence panel.

• MONEY LAUNDERING
  • MORE WITNESSES
  • PUBLIC HEARINGS
  • DONALD TRUMP JR.
  • TRUMP’S TAXES

Sounds good to me! They have my vote! What do you think? PUBLIC HEARINGS is my favorite!
TRANSLATION: "Well, mueller turned up nothing.

Democrats don't need to find anything. They just need to investigate. Endlessly investigate. That way it looks like they are doing something.

In the last two years democrats have done nothing. Not a single accomplishment. It's been hate Trump 24/7. It's been enough for them. It's all of Democrat existence and has completely replaced even the pretense of governance. If they win in November, this is exactly what they will do.

shush!

i think you might just be giving reason for Trump supporters to go out and vote for republican congress critters and senators that they once claimed were the establishment and they hated, and they did not trust, Rinos :eek:

right now, there is absolutely no oversight from the R's on the executive branch, and that's how Trump, Mr Authoritarian himself, likes it!

Any sane American knows that the president needs oversight - and currently we have none from spineless Republicans and powerless Democrats. Trump is ruling like a dictator.

• MONEY LAUNDERING
  • MORE WITNESSES
  • PUBLIC HEARINGS
  • DONALD TRUMP JR.
  • TRUMP’S TAXES

The best part of this is how you folks never, ever learn.

Because, you know, the "public hearing" meant to roast Kavanaugh over the coals for nothing went SO WELL.

But do keep this up....sounds like a great strategy to me. If you mean for the Democrats to go the way of the Whig party, that is. :)

• MONEY LAUNDERING
  • MORE WITNESSES
  • PUBLIC HEARINGS
  • DONALD TRUMP JR.
  • TRUMP’S TAXES

Because, you know, the "public hearing" meant to roast Kavanaugh over the coals for nothing went SO WELL.

But do keep this up....sounds like a great strategy to me. If you mean for the Democrats to go the way of the Whig party, that is. :)

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

• MONEY LAUNDERING
  • MORE WITNESSES
  • PUBLIC HEARINGS
  • DONALD TRUMP JR.
  • TRUMP’S TAXES

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

You're just knee-jerking to the talking points and political soundbites. It was NOT the "best disinfectant" for you in the Kavanaugh hearings. Do you understand that? It hurt the Democrats really badly. The sunlight revealed that the Dems are underhanded sneaks, which a lot of us knew but that was revealed to a lot of OTHER people who are now mobilized to go out and vote Republican. This is not open for debate. The pollsters are calling it the "Kavanaugh effect".

And guess what. Kavanaugh is still a Justice. So the article you quoted is right: this ploy by Dems, should they win the House, might have a lot of political blowback. But all you can do is kneejerk to soundbites.

Honest to goodness.

`
While I have no problem with a Russian probe, if the democrats are wise (questionable at times) they will pay more attention with what their base wants, which I addressed in a different thread. There is no clamor for going after tump. Health care and other related economic issues is foremost on their minds.

• MONEY LAUNDERING
  • MORE WITNESSES
  • PUBLIC HEARINGS
  • DONALD TRUMP JR.
  • TRUMP’S TAXES

First I think they should start by setting up a teepee on the White House lawn where Granny Warren can hold meetings with the House of Representatives.

It's one of those four dimensional teepees that's much larger on the inside than it is on the outside.

Maybe Cory Booker can lead the charge of the assless chapps brigade dropping tears of rage like rainfall on the battlefield as they proceed.

Stormy Daniels can join forces with Blasey-Ford and Maxine Waters to create the Bimbos-Brains and Bratwurst marching band Singinng the praises of collusion.

Jo

Well the Dems haven't covered themselves in glory yet.

An sunlight IS the best disinfectant and the Dems sure have been covered in it lately.

If, G-d forbid, dems do take the House, Trump will release the 30,000 sealed indictments he has against them

• MONEY LAUNDERING
  • MORE WITNESSES
  • PUBLIC HEARINGS
  • DONALD TRUMP JR.
  • TRUMP’S TAXES

RE-open? It's not closed. WTF?

After more than two years of investigating, and all evidence of any sort of illegal collusion with the Russians pointing back at the Democrats, the Liberals have found no evidence of any crime of illegal Collision involving the president and never will since it never happened.

The closest thing they came wasn't was accusing the Trump administration of attending and meeting, a seven-minute meeting, and which no information was exchanged...

Compared to Hillary Clinton and her team illegally colluding with and paying foreign spies and Russians for their assistance in trying to win the 2016 election, consisting of a foreign spy who was working for the FBI acting as the middleman to deliver a Russian authored propaganda-filled report to the Clinton Administration who then passed that on to the FBI and the Obama Administration who then illegally used the report to illegally obtain warrants and open the investigation.

While the Democrats' butt-hurt may never end, the Sham of an investigation has to eventually. At this point they are just keeping it going, hoping it never stops, because if and when it does the real investigation will begin into their conspiracy, treason, and perjury and most of them will be indicted and go to jail.

• MONEY LAUNDERING
  • MORE WITNESSES
  • PUBLIC HEARINGS
  • DONALD TRUMP JR.
  • TRUMP’S TAXES

TRANSLATION: "Well, mueller turned up nothing.
Will you agree that we should all be able to see Mueller' s report on the Russia investigation?

Sunshine

Or are you going to hide it from the public?

So what your saying is, that if they win they will put their efforts into political gotcha's rather than address actual problems that affect the everyday Americans they are supposed to represent?

Will you agree that we should all be able to see Mueller' s report on the Russia investigation?

Sunshine

Is this for me?
If so then we should demand all information on collusion with the russians, if it turns out that that is the witch hunt trump claims it is then those involved in this scam should be jailed...how's that?

Sunshine

Is this for me?
If so then we should demand all information on collusion with the russians, if it turns out that that is the witch hunt trump claims it is then those involved in this scam should be jailed...how's that?
I'm fine with that.... if we can see the whole thing and the Dirty Republicans do not HIDE it from us....

Forum List

Back