Gates Foundation to Shift Education Focus

Marking a new chapter in education philanthropy, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will step back from its traditional education reform agenda to instead invest close to $1.7 billion over the next five years on new initiatives that include a focus on building networks of schools.

"Education is, without a doubt, one of the most challenging areas we invest in as a foundation," Bill Gates is expected to say Thursday during a speech at the Council of the Great City Schools' annual conference in Cleveland, according to prepared remarks. "But I'm excited about the shift in our work and the focus on partnering with networks of schools."

In a sprawling address, the Microsoft co-founder and co-chair of one of the most influential and contentious entities involved in the education space plans to reflect on lessons learned about the foundation's efforts and how those lessons will play into its revamped vision for the future.
https://www.usnews.com/news/educati...cation-will-focus-on-building-school-networks

I hate Gates. He needs to get out of education all together.

You hate him because he's doing the job the govt should be doing?

I hate him because he has no working experience in education yet dictates policy. He lacks awareness of his failures. For him, this is an experiment.

Well, seeing as the country is run by politicians, most of whom have no experience with education, you must be hating a lot of people.

Also, you don't know how many experts he has on board.

I have been watching him jack around for about 20 years. Why don't you do some research on him and get back to me?

Well as far as I could tell you're trying to make an argument. Now, your argument seems to be "I don't know much, but I'll tell you I do know a lot, and to hide this fact I'll tell you to go do research".

Oh, wow.

Marking a new chapter in education philanthropy, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will step back from its traditional education reform agenda to instead invest close to $1.7 billion over the next five years on new initiatives that include a focus on building networks of schools.

"Education is, without a doubt, one of the most challenging areas we invest in as a foundation," Bill Gates is expected to say Thursday during a speech at the Council of the Great City Schools' annual conference in Cleveland, according to prepared remarks. "But I'm excited about the shift in our work and the focus on partnering with networks of schools."

In a sprawling address, the Microsoft co-founder and co-chair of one of the most influential and contentious entities involved in the education space plans to reflect on lessons learned about the foundation's efforts and how those lessons will play into its revamped vision for the future.
https://www.usnews.com/news/educati...cation-will-focus-on-building-school-networks

No, he's doing the job parents and the individual should be doing.

Maybe he's doing a job YOU think parents and individuals should be doing, but I think differently.

A country in the modern age cannot have such an attitude and hope to do well against countries who are directing their education towards certain aspects.
Well, that's again, that's YOUR opinion.

The folks that are going to do the best in the modern age will be either self taught or educated by their parents. The ones that are educated by the state will end up being wards of the state. The state will only give them the information that it wants them to know, it won't give them the tools they need to be leaders, entrepreneurs and the next generation of elites, the system isn't designed to do that.

I hate him because he has no working experience in education yet dictates policy. He lacks awareness of his failures. For him, this is an experiment.

Well, seeing as the country is run by politicians, most of whom have no experience with education, you must be hating a lot of people.

I have been watching him jack around for about 20 years. Why don't you do some research on him and get back to me?

Well as far as I could tell you're trying to make an argument. Now, your argument seems to be "I don't know much, but I'll tell you I do know a lot, and to hide this fact I'll tell you to go do research".

Oh, wow.

No, folks pretty much know this shit, YOU are just living in a fantasy world.

Two of the world’s most evil people – Bill Gates and George Soros – behind Facebook’s news censorship agenda
Two of the world's most evil people - Bill Gates and George Soros - behind Facebook's news censorship agenda

George Soros Is Funding Facebook's "Third-Party Fact Checking" Organization Targeting "Fake News"
George Soros Is Funding Facebook's "Third-Party Fact Checking" Organization Targeting "Fake News"
"Of course, that raises any number of questions including what will be deemed to be "fake news" (e.g. will dissenting opinions be deemed "fake") and who exactly gets to oversee such a powerful position that basically has been given carte blanche to censor media outlets of their choosing? Surely such an organization would have to be an extremely transparent, publicly funded, bi-partisan group, right?

Well, not so much apparently. A quick review of Poynter's website reveals that the organization is funded by the who's who of leftist billionaires including George Soros' Open Society Foundations, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Google, and Ebay founder Pierre Omidyar's Omidyar Network. Well that seem fairly bipartisan, right?"
2016.12.16%20-%20Fake%20News_0.jpg

Gates has about as much integrity as a two dollar whore. :lmao:

Maybe he's doing a job YOU think parents and individuals should be doing, but I think differently.

A country in the modern age cannot have such an attitude and hope to do well against countries who are directing their education towards certain aspects.

The folks that are going to do the best in the modern age will be either self taught or educated by their parents. The ones that are educated by the state will end up being wards of the state. The state will only give them the information that it wants them to know, it won't give them the tools they need to be leaders, entrepreneurs and the next generation of elites, the system isn't designed to do that.

A little paranoid?

Oh, wow.

No, folks pretty much know this shit, YOU are just living in a fantasy world.

Two of the world’s most evil people – Bill Gates and George Soros – behind Facebook’s news censorship agenda
Two of the world's most evil people - Bill Gates and George Soros - behind Facebook's news censorship agenda

"Of course, that raises any number of questions including what will be deemed to be "fake news" (e.g. will dissenting opinions be deemed "fake") and who exactly gets to oversee such a powerful position that basically has been given carte blanche to censor media outlets of their choosing? Surely such an organization would have to be an extremely transparent, publicly funded, bi-partisan group, right?

Well, not so much apparently. A quick review of Poynter's website reveals that the organization is funded by the who's who of leftist billionaires including George Soros' Open Society Foundations, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Google, and Ebay founder Pierre Omidyar's Omidyar Network. Well that seem fairly bipartisan, right?"
2016.12.16%20-%20Fake%20News_0.jpg

Gates has about as much integrity as a two dollar whore. :lmao:

Yes, probably. I'm living in a fantasy world, I hope that one day I can come on here and some fucker can make a decent argument. It's not going to happen, is it?

Firstly you source naturalnews.com a conspiracy, fake news, bullshit site. Er.... right.

A site that basically just looks as biased as fuck. I don't think I even need to discuss anything this site says and seeing as you just showed the source and you didn't say which part of the site is actually important to your "argument", it doesn't look like this is going anywhere, does it?

And in the same vein we have zerohedge.com which is edited by a fictional character from the movie the Fight Club. Wow. Basically another alt-right piece of shit that can't be trusted for, well, shit.

So, you don't have an argument. But, in my fantasy world, you'll start making one at some point in the next few decades.

Potentially the people who are going to do the best are those who have some kind of drive. That's not really the point here. The point is there are plenty of other people out there who aren't like that, who require an education and it can be the difference between having a job and paying taxes, or being a drug dealer and sponging off the state at the taxpayers' expense in prison.

Another word, indoctrination. Indoctrination into their progressive train of ideas.
Why do i feel a touch queasy about this proposal?

The idea of "a network of schools" bothers me --- it smacks of centralized control and cookie-cutter educational approaches (think Common Core). I'm a big believer in parents, and communities, need to define the education of their children. This would seem to be just another move to usurp parental responsibility, and control, over education.

My kids, no matter the "age", are my responsibility and my job. I decide their education, I decide their religion, I decide their social mode, and I thank you to stay the hell out of my family.

Your fallacious assumption proposing standardized education demands that all students have the same mores, the same goals, and the same level of educatability, funding, and opportunity.

While this may work in a small country like France, or Germany, or Japan, most of which are relatively homogeneous, it is physically, emotionally, and structurally impossible in a country of our size and complexity.

Oh, wow.

:rolleyes:

Oh, wow.

Even better, the shining light of arguments you.

Oh, wow.

Hon, you have to have something to debate.You don't have that. I don't have time to hold your hand and walk you through educational psychology. If you think PISA is the be all to end all then, I can't help you. You can't make a direct comparison between the states, you damn sure cannot do it between countries.

The man is a proponent of high stakes testing which is where the money goes in education. The testing shows little and teaching to the test does not allow for critical thinking. It has led to over diagnosing ADHD for really young children simply to get them to sit still in a classroom. Certain students can learn from the computer but not all. In fact, it's been a failure when used as a replacement for a teacher and, specifically, when used in alternative schools. There is no cookie cutter approach to kids. When Common Core came out, many states had higher standards in areas. Nice concept. Great overall goal that was abandoned after quite some time and then picked up and thrown together hastily.

Any time you are ready to actually debate, let me know. Bring more to the table than "you don't know how many experts he has on board" and some shit on politicians.

Oh, wow.

Hon, you have to have something to debate.You don't have that. I don't have time to hold your hand and walk you through educational psychology. If you think PISA is the be all to end all then, I can't help you. You can't make a direct comparison between the states, you damn sure cannot do it between countries.

The man is a proponent of high stakes testing which is where the money goes in education. The testing shows little and teaching to the test does not allow for critical thinking. It has led to over diagnosing ADHD for really young children simply to get them to sit still in a classroom. Certain students can learn from the computer but not all. In fact, it's been a failure when used as a replacement for a teacher and, specifically, when used in alternative schools. There is no cookie cutter approach to kids. When Common Core came out, many states had higher standards in areas. Nice concept. Great overall goal that was abandoned after quite some time and then picked up and thrown together hastily.

Any time you are ready to actually debate, let me know. Bring more to the table than "you don't know how many experts he has on board" and some shit on politicians.

You don't have to call me "Your honor", though I might get used to it.

Yes, you have to have something to debate, and basically what you did was "go research because I don't have much of an argument".

Well, there's nothing to debate if you don't have an argument. What we're left with it sending messages to each other that are fucking pointless. Like the last few.

Billy, Like the Rest of His Birth Class, Would Be a Nobody Without His Daddy's Money

Give the best students what the rickkid pukes like Gates always got from their fathers: being paid for their grades and getting a healthy allowance and paid-up tuition in college.

Scumbag Globalist Gates only opens "schools" in India and Africa and is currently trying to get Congress to send $500,000,000.00 to those 3rd World shitholes.

I'd think the most efficient way to do this would be through the cloud, and not individual networks.

There are plenty of schools in shit areas that could use the help.

Oh, and the kids could use the help, too.
Jealousy of Talent Motivates Whiner-Lovers

They are shit kids. Your approach is like telling the football coach he has to neglect his players and spend all his time trying to improve the skills of the no-talent kids he cut in tryouts.

How is Gates harming education?
The University Was Established So the Rich Could Buy Jobs for Their Sons

He's in denial about his own unearned advantages. In school, he should have been paid because he was smart, not because his Daddy was rich. It is impossible for the spoiled and sheltered to have anything worthwhile to say to the rest of us.

The only reason Billy was able to drop out of Harvard and start his own company was because his Daddy's Money was his safety net. There was no crushing downside if Microsoft had failed to take off; his Daddy would have financed an education for him that would have paid off decently in some other field.

I'd think the most efficient way to do this would be through the cloud, and not individual networks.

There are plenty of schools in shit areas that could use the help.

Oh, and the kids could use the help, too.
Jealousy of Talent Motivates Whiner-Lovers

They are shit kids. Your approach is like telling the football coach he has to neglect his players and spend all his time trying to improve the skills of the no-talent kids he cut in tryouts.
Well, that's just wrong.

My older daughter teaches in a lousy area and the kids do great.

You may want to throw certain kids away, I don't.

Forum List

Back