Gates Foundation to Shift Education Focus

I'd think the most efficient way to do this would be through the cloud, and not individual networks.

There are plenty of schools in shit areas that could use the help.

Oh, and the kids could use the help, too.
Jealousy of Talent Motivates Whiner-Lovers

They are shit kids. Your approach is like telling the football coach he has to neglect his players and spend all his time trying to improve the skills of the no-talent kids he cut in tryouts.

Anyone with that attitude should not have one fucking word to say about education.

I have been watching him jack around for about 20 years. Why don't you do some research on him and get back to me?

Well as far as I could tell you're trying to make an argument. Now, your argument seems to be "I don't know much, but I'll tell you I do know a lot, and to hide this fact I'll tell you to go do research".

Oh, wow.

:rolleyes:

Even better, the shining light of arguments you.

Hon, you have to have something to debate.You don't have that. I don't have time to hold your hand and walk you through educational psychology. If you think PISA is the be all to end all then, I can't help you. You can't make a direct comparison between the states, you damn sure cannot do it between countries.

The man is a proponent of high stakes testing which is where the money goes in education. The testing shows little and teaching to the test does not allow for critical thinking. It has led to over diagnosing ADHD for really young children simply to get them to sit still in a classroom. Certain students can learn from the computer but not all. In fact, it's been a failure when used as a replacement for a teacher and, specifically, when used in alternative schools. There is no cookie cutter approach to kids. When Common Core came out, many states had higher standards in areas. Nice concept. Great overall goal that was abandoned after quite some time and then picked up and thrown together hastily.

Any time you are ready to actually debate, let me know. Bring more to the table than "you don't know how many experts he has on board" and some shit on politicians.

You don't have to call me "Your honor", though I might get used to it.

Yes, you have to have something to debate, and basically what you did was "go research because I don't have much of an argument".

Well, there's nothing to debate if you don't have an argument. What we're left with it sending messages to each other that are fucking pointless. Like the last few.

Since you can't manage to debate or say anything remotely sensible, I'm going to make this easy on you. Welcome to ignore.

Well as far as I could tell you're trying to make an argument. Now, your argument seems to be "I don't know much, but I'll tell you I do know a lot, and to hide this fact I'll tell you to go do research".

Oh, wow.

:rolleyes:

Even better, the shining light of arguments you.

Hon, you have to have something to debate.You don't have that. I don't have time to hold your hand and walk you through educational psychology. If you think PISA is the be all to end all then, I can't help you. You can't make a direct comparison between the states, you damn sure cannot do it between countries.

The man is a proponent of high stakes testing which is where the money goes in education. The testing shows little and teaching to the test does not allow for critical thinking. It has led to over diagnosing ADHD for really young children simply to get them to sit still in a classroom. Certain students can learn from the computer but not all. In fact, it's been a failure when used as a replacement for a teacher and, specifically, when used in alternative schools. There is no cookie cutter approach to kids. When Common Core came out, many states had higher standards in areas. Nice concept. Great overall goal that was abandoned after quite some time and then picked up and thrown together hastily.

Any time you are ready to actually debate, let me know. Bring more to the table than "you don't know how many experts he has on board" and some shit on politicians.

You don't have to call me "Your honor", though I might get used to it.

Yes, you have to have something to debate, and basically what you did was "go research because I don't have much of an argument".

Well, there's nothing to debate if you don't have an argument. What we're left with it sending messages to each other that are fucking pointless. Like the last few.

Since you can't manage to debate or say anything remotely sensible, I'm going to make this easy on you. Welcome to ignore.

That's quite convenient, I'll do the same to you.

If you really think you can debate with "go do my research for me" then it's better that I don't put up with your bullshit.

Forum List

Back