Teacher put duct tape over 5th-graders’ mouths, school officials say

It would be fifth graders. They are the worst. I remember when mine was in 5th grade, the librarian called crying and I was repeatedly getting calls from his teacher. God, I thought he was headed straight for juvie. 5th grade sucked.

A substitute teacher at Maxdale Elementary School in Killeen, Texas, was removed from campus on Thursday after putting duct tape over the mouths of 10 fifth-graders for several minutes.
Teacher put duct tape over 5th-graders’ mouths, school officials say

Substitute teacher duct tapes mouths of 10 students in fifth grade classroom

Holy cow.

Not condoning the teacher but my middle-school teacher hogtied me and left me in front of the class for the hour...

Different times but the Substitute Teacher was wrong and should be punished...

It would be fifth graders. They are the worst. I remember when mine was in 5th grade, the librarian called crying and I was repeatedly getting calls from his teacher. God, I thought he was headed straight for juvie. 5th grade sucked.

That was the last year I was good!

When I enter middle-school and on, well let just say Bart Simpson was a saint compare to me!

When I enter middle-school and on, well let just say Bart Simpson was a saint compare to me!
Yeah, fifth graders are monsters and it goes downhill from there. They start rejoining the human race somewhere around 9th grade.

Yeah, fifth graders are monsters and it goes downhill from there. They start rejoining the human race somewhere around 9th grade.

I have yet to do that!

I thought it was amusing it was 5th graders, but the "crime" itself isn't amusing. We had a foster child suffocate to death after having her mouth duct taped shut. Changed our whole Child Protective philosophy and system.
It's dangerous and whatever was going on, it wasn't funny. I can so relate, though, if it was to shut their smart ass mouths. Never do it, but I get it.

Kileen, Texas. Didn't something else happen in Kileen recently? It sounds familiar. Hopping place, it seems.

Kileen, Texas. Didn't something else happen in Kileen recently? It sounds familiar. Hopping place, it seems.
There have been three massacres starting with the Killeen Lubys and two on Ft Hood

I thought it was amusing it was 5th graders, but the "crime" itself isn't amusing. We had a foster child suffocate to death after having her mouth duct taped shut. Changed our whole Child Protective philosophy and system.
It's dangerous and whatever was going on, it wasn't funny. I can so relate, though, if it was to shut their smart ass mouths. Never do it, but I get it.

Being the child that should have been gagged, put in a straight jacket, and lock in the closet I can understand what you are saying, but no teachers need to just understand doing what might be the best course of action is still illegal as hell!

Started the 5th grade and a new school at the same time.

Everyone was a stranger to me, but not each other.

It sucked

Soap?

Oh....No
Soap Poisoning!

This is a non-story. My teacher used to duct tape my mouth shut and write "slut" across the tape. Thinking back I'm not sure what that was about. :dunno:

Being the child that should have been gagged, put in a straight jacket, and lock in the closet I can understand what you are saying, but no teachers need to just understand doing what might be the best course of action is still illegal as hell!
Absolutely, Bruce. Kids that age are trying, though. That is all I was saying. Not that they should be physically restrained or abused in any way.

Soap?

Oh....No
Soap Poisoning!
Some parents use hot sauce instead. Pour the old Franks right in their little mouths. Poor buggers. Wouldn't it be better to just tell them there are words we don't say in certain places/company?

Phhhrrrrt.

When mine got outta line I'd duct tape the whole damn herd to the wall.

Forum List

Back