Gates Foundation to Shift Education Focus

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Marking a new chapter in education philanthropy, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will step back from its traditional education reform agenda to instead invest close to $1.7 billion over the next five years on new initiatives that include a focus on building networks of schools.

"Education is, without a doubt, one of the most challenging areas we invest in as a foundation," Bill Gates is expected to say Thursday during a speech at the Council of the Great City Schools' annual conference in Cleveland, according to prepared remarks. "But I'm excited about the shift in our work and the focus on partnering with networks of schools."

In a sprawling address, the Microsoft co-founder and co-chair of one of the most influential and contentious entities involved in the education space plans to reflect on lessons learned about the foundation's efforts and how those lessons will play into its revamped vision for the future.
https://www.usnews.com/news/educati...cation-will-focus-on-building-school-networks

I hate Gates. He needs to get out of education all together.

I'd think the most efficient way to do this would be through the cloud, and not individual networks.

There are plenty of schools in shit areas that could use the help.

Oh, and the kids could use the help, too.

Nonsense. Kill school vouchers and school choice. Everything will work out eventually if you do the same thing over and over and over again hoping for a better result.

It just has to.

As the Gates foundation was really about eugenics and depopulation, I am sure their real agenda is making sure that the populations stays dumb and asleep.

Marking a new chapter in education philanthropy, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will step back from its traditional education reform agenda to instead invest close to $1.7 billion over the next five years on new initiatives that include a focus on building networks of schools.

"Education is, without a doubt, one of the most challenging areas we invest in as a foundation," Bill Gates is expected to say Thursday during a speech at the Council of the Great City Schools' annual conference in Cleveland, according to prepared remarks. "But I'm excited about the shift in our work and the focus on partnering with networks of schools."

In a sprawling address, the Microsoft co-founder and co-chair of one of the most influential and contentious entities involved in the education space plans to reflect on lessons learned about the foundation's efforts and how those lessons will play into its revamped vision for the future.
https://www.usnews.com/news/educati...cation-will-focus-on-building-school-networks

A network of schools? Link as many turds you want, it's just a long stinky turd then.

Why do i feel a touch queasy about this proposal?

The idea of "a network of schools" bothers me --- it smacks of centralized control and cookie-cutter educational approaches (think Common Core). I'm a big believer in parents, and communities, need to define the education of their children. This would seem to be just another move to usurp parental responsibility, and control, over education.

You hate him because he's doing the job the govt should be doing?

I hate him because he has no working experience in education yet dictates policy. He lacks awareness of his failures. For him, this is an experiment.

I hate him because he has no working experience in education yet dictates policy. He lacks awareness of his failures. For him, this is an experiment.
what policies has Gates dictated in education?

No, he's doing the job parents and the individual should be doing.

what policies has Gates dictated in education?

Initially it was larger classrooms, standardized testing, computers versus humans, etc. Now it's smaller classrooms with the buy in from locals while maintaining the same line of BS. That's not including his bs attempts with higher education.

Well, seeing as the country is run by politicians, most of whom have no experience with education, you must be hating a lot of people.

Also, you don't know how many experts he has on board.

No, he's doing the job parents and the individual should be doing.

Maybe he's doing a job YOU think parents and individuals should be doing, but I think differently.

A country in the modern age cannot have such an attitude and hope to do well against countries who are directing their education towards certain aspects.

Well, seeing as the country is run by politicians, most of whom have no experience with education, you must be hating a lot of people.

Also, you don't know how many experts he has on board.

I have been watching him jack around for about 20 years. Why don't you do some research on him and get back to me?

New Topics

Forum List

Back