Game of Thrones Season 7

Here's the show's director admitting that the timeline was off: GAME OF THRONES Director Alan Taylor Admits That Rescue Timeline Didn't Quite Work At least they knew. :lol:

Here's a fan trying to figure out if the timing was at all plausible. The person actually does a pretty good job of creating an argument that the episode's timing wasn't terrible.....except for the question of supplies and whether the group would freeze to death. :p Let's do the Math on how long it would take a Raven to get to Dragonstone • r/freefolk

OK, I can’t deny that I will continue to watch GoT until its eventual end, but with the episode aired last night on August 20, the writers have gone too far with the magic shidt.

I am reluctantly willing to believe in dragons, and in an army of zombies, but one must draw a line somewhere. Zombies who have the ability to swim under freezing water with no equipment and attach ungodly heavy chains to a dead dragon so that a million or so of their comrades can drag the dragon corpse to dry ground? And their Master can touch it with his magic twanger and give it renewed life? Where, exactly did they get those chains – the links of which would have been too large to forge in that era? And there would have been no purpose on that planet to have such chains anyway? They just had the chains sitting around in a warehouse someplace?

Come on.

It was near farcical anyway, and the writers have just crossed the gap from near-unbelievable to laughable.

Other aspects of the story are also devolving into silliness. Journeys that used to take months are now done in a couple of days. The message from the stranded “heroes” north of the wall to Danaeris travelled faster than e-mail, for Christ sake. Arya turns on Sansa and doesn’t realize that the letter to their brother was coerced? She threatens to blackmail Sansa?

Come on.

If GRRM went along with this – which undoubtedly he did – he is just getting tired of the whole thing and wants to end it. This last bit of writing goes beyond creative and hits “don’t-give-a-shit.”
I agree with you on pretty much everything. Well, I've the dragon thing down since season 1, and the walking dead.

But you hit it right on the head with these zombies being able to swim underwater (they've always avoided water, otherwise they would have swam around the wall), and suddenly (out of nowhere) have these humongous chains, all somehow perfectly linked together, to pull the poor dragon out of the water. The only explanation I can have for that, is that the Night King saw the future, and made the chains so they would be ready, but that's a lot to lug around that we've never caught a glimpse of. We never see those humongous chains any other time during the series. It's just something they made really quickly without the essential materials (unless they're ice chains, and he can form them at will).

But... I have to suspend disbelief in a show like this. He could have done some crazy Yoda shit and levitated the dragon out of the lake, and that would probably be worse.

I also allow the fast-travel necessary in the short amount of eps left. Everyone always complained about how slow it was going, and now that they have it to "The Flash" speeds, everyone else is complaining. So I'm cool with that. They need to get to the end-game.

And I agree about the Arya/Sansa stuff. They just need to sit down and talk, and they'll figure everything out... Rather than prancing and brooding. Just fucking talk! :)

But still, it was an awesome episode. It was leading to what we all wanted to see, dragons vs Icemen. And the 7 samurai part at the beginning, where they're all getting to know each other, was funny as hell!

And I think the Dolphins should have picked up the Night King as their QB, rather than Jake Cutler... I wonder if he's available in my fantasy league?

I know we're all expecting some serious deep meaning to come from all this. But with 7 episodes left, they need to hurry up to the end-game.

And I like the "action" side of it, though it's definitely getting dumbed down. Fans should already have known there would be a zombie dragon. An "ice dragon" may be different though. And there's still the idea of a "stone dragon". So there may be many things still ahead of us, that will be even more deux ex machina.

I think you miss the point. By undead can't swim but the sure as fuck can sink. They might have sunk to the bottom attached the chain and remained down there.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The real question is why does Cersei want 8 inches of snow?

Has it ever been stated on the show before that Dany can't have children? I've been told it's in the books, when the witch tells Dany that Khal Drogo will awaken "When the sun rises in the west, when the seas dry up and the mountains blow away, when your womb quickens with child". I just don't remember it being said in the TV show, and it surprised me.

There's one fan theory that Bran is the Night King, that Bran worgs back in time, gets stuck in that dude's body that the Children of the Forest stabbed, and thus becomes the Night King.

Has it ever been stated on the show before that Dany can't have children? I've been told it's in the books, when the witch tells Dany that Khal Drogo will awaken "When the sun rises in the west, when the seas dry up and the mountains blow away, when your womb quickens with child". I just don't remember it being said in the TV show, and it surprised me.

There's one fan theory that Bran is the Night King, that Bran worgs back in time, gets stuck in that dude's body that the Children of the Forest stabbed, and thus becomes the Night King.

I don't remember if they brought up her inability to conceive in the show. I've read the books, so hearing it in the show didn't seem odd to me. :dunno:

Some of you have wondered why the white walkers would have the giant chains with them. Considering how travel times have been dramatically reduced lately, who says the chains had to be anywhere nearby? Maybe the night king sent for a set of chains he knew about 1000 miles away; it would only take a day or two to bring those. :p
Maybe he got them from from the ocean..you know...anchor chains? From Theons people, perhaps? Isn't important, but that makes sense.

The fact that it was mentioned so prominently about how Dany can't have a child makes me now think that Dany _will_ have a child.

It's similar to the way that so many people saying "The Wall will keep us safe" has convinced me that The Wall will be coming down. TV shows and movies like to define a certain reality, and then turn it upside-down.

I read elsewhere that Cercei may be Gendry's mother. I love the idea. We all know who his father was, but to be the true-born heir of the Baratheon family? Maybe Gendry will end up being on the throne at the end of the game when all is said and done. Keep rowing... :)

Or "Run, Gendry, Run"

The fact that it was mentioned so prominently about how Dany can't have a child makes me now think that Dany _will_ have a child.

It's similar to the way that so many people saying "The Wall will keep us safe" has convinced me that The Wall will be coming down. TV shows and movies like to define a certain reality, and then turn it upside-down.

The wall is coming down early next season. My guess is By Bran passing through the wall removed the magic that prevents the white Walker from passing through it.

Predictions:
(1) Cersei and Danny make a pact to fight the white walkers, but Cersei breaks the pact and uses it as a ploy to have the Night King kills all her enemies. Which angers Jaime who marches the wall defiance.

(2) Arya is sent to King's Landing and she assassinates Cersei. The army loyal to Cersei marches north

(3) Bran reveals to Jon he is a Targaryen and can ride the dragon. He does it naturally.

(4) Prior to battle Snow beds Danny and knocks her up.

(5) Sansa finally has Littlefinger executed. Jon sends her to the Vale to quell a little Robyn's rage at killing his father figure and secure the Knights of the Vale for the battle with the undead. Robyn require Sansa hand in marriage. She agrees, but Robyn finds his way through the sky door or whatever it is called.

(6) The battle is the best ever scene on TV many die including the Mountain, Hound (to which the brothers make amends as they fight side by side), Jorah, Jaime, Daario (who comes to fight for his Queen), Beric and Euron.

(6) Snow kills the Night King, but not before he is fatally wounded.

(7) Danny takes Iron Throne with her dragons and loyalty and peace of the 7 kingdoms. Tyrion is warden of Westerlands (Castley Rock) Tormud and Briene finally end up together and become Wardens of the North under the Stark banner. Sansa has the Vale, Theron's sister is given ruler Iron Islands, Dorne is given to Dorthaki, Sam is warden of Reach (High garden and the UnSully take Stormlands (Dragonstone).

I read elsewhere that Cercei may be Gendry's mother. I love the idea. We all know who his father was, but to be the true-born heir of the Baratheon family? Maybe Gendry will end up being on the throne at the end of the game when all is said and done. Keep rowing... :)

Or "Run, Gendry, Run"

Interesting theory, but unlikely. She didn't want a son of Robert so she hide the pregnancy, had Gendry in secrecy and then cast him to the peasants. However she more than likely would have taken some medieval poison to abort the baby.

OK, I can’t deny that I will continue to watch GoT until its eventual end, but with the episode aired last night on August 20, the writers have gone too far with the magic shidt.

I am reluctantly willing to believe in dragons, and in an army of zombies, but one must draw a line somewhere. Zombies who have the ability to swim under freezing water with no equipment and attach ungodly heavy chains to a dead dragon so that a million or so of their comrades can drag the dragon corpse to dry ground? And their Master can touch it with his magic twanger and give it renewed life? Where, exactly did they get those chains – the links of which would have been too large to forge in that era? And there would have been no purpose on that planet to have such chains anyway? They just had the chains sitting around in a warehouse someplace?

Come on.

It was near farcical anyway, and the writers have just crossed the gap from near-unbelievable to laughable.

Other aspects of the story are also devolving into silliness. Journeys that used to take months are now done in a couple of days. The message from the stranded “heroes” north of the wall to Danaeris travelled faster than e-mail, for Christ sake. Arya turns on Sansa and doesn’t realize that the letter to their brother was coerced? She threatens to blackmail Sansa?

Come on.

If GRRM went along with this – which undoubtedly he did – he is just getting tired of the whole thing and wants to end it. This last bit of writing goes beyond creative and hits “don’t-give-a-shit.”
Writers are kicking it up a notch

Loving it

Some of you have wondered why the white walkers would have the giant chains with them. Considering how travel times have been dramatically reduced lately, who says the chains had to be anywhere nearby? Maybe the night king sent for a set of chains he knew about 1000 miles away; it would only take a day or two to bring those. :p

The chains were stolen 2000 years ago in a great battle against the ancestors of the seven kingdoms. The chains were originally used to contain dragons of whom there were many

It is all fantasy.....who really cares about chains?

My prediction, Arya is dead and Jaqen (sp?) wears her face.

Jon has to kill Bran because Bran is the King White Walker.
Arya kills Sansa because Sansa is a selfish bitch and I hate her.
Dany and Jon adopt kids left orphans since Dany cannot have kids but she finally hooks up with Jorah.
Cersei is given to The Mountain as a gift. He uses her like a houseslave.
Tryrion takes over a shitload of kingdoms.
Little Finger goes thru the moondoor by the hand of Varys.
The ice dragon is magically returned to normal by the red witch who hooks up with Jaime, lol.
Brienne and Tormund get hitched and they have monster kids that kick ass.

I know. Wishful thinking.

"Dany and Jon adopt kids left orphans since Dany cannot have kids but she finally hooks up with Jorah."

I like that one! Jorah should be with Dany! He deserves it!

That's what I'm shipping for! :)

"Brienne and Tormund get hitched and they have monster kids that kick ass."

That'll take 2 more episodes at this pace.

Tonight here in Florida we will be watching Games of Thrones.

In Houston they will be watching

upload_2017-8-27_18-2-44.jpeg

Forum List

Back