Game of Thrones Season 7

Ok. Fill me in!! I saw some of it on youtube. The part with the Magnificent 7, the dragon getting zapped, being pulled out and made into a blue eyed Dragon Walker. Didn't see anything else. No sansa, no arya.

So....what else happened?

OK, I can’t deny that I will continue to watch GoT until its eventual end, but with the episode aired last night on August 20, the writers have gone too far with the magic shidt.

I am reluctantly willing to believe in dragons, and in an army of zombies, but one must draw a line somewhere. Zombies who have the ability to swim under freezing water with no equipment and attach ungodly heavy chains to a dead dragon so that a million or so of their comrades can drag the dragon corpse to dry ground? And their Master can touch it with his magic twanger and give it renewed life? Where, exactly did they get those chains – the links of which would have been too large to forge in that era? And there would have been no purpose on that planet to have such chains anyway? They just had the chains sitting around in a warehouse someplace?

Come on.

It was near farcical anyway, and the writers have just crossed the gap from near-unbelievable to laughable.

Other aspects of the story are also devolving into silliness. Journeys that used to take months are now done in a couple of days. The message from the stranded “heroes” north of the wall to Danaeris travelled faster than e-mail, for Christ sake. Arya turns on Sansa and doesn’t realize that the letter to their brother was coerced? She threatens to blackmail Sansa?

Come on.

If GRRM went along with this – which undoubtedly he did – he is just getting tired of the whole thing and wants to end it. This last bit of writing goes beyond creative and hits “don’t-give-a-shit.”

OK, I can’t deny that I will continue to watch GoT until its eventual end, but with the episode aired last night on August 20, the writers have gone too far with the magic shidt.

I am reluctantly willing to believe in dragons, and in an army of zombies, but one must draw a line somewhere. Zombies who have the ability to swim under freezing water with no equipment and attach ungodly heavy chains to a dead dragon so that a million or so of their comrades can drag the dragon corpse to dry ground? And their Master can touch it with his magic twanger and give it renewed life? Where, exactly did they get those chains – the links of which would have been too large to forge in that era? And there would have been no purpose on that planet to have such chains anyway? They just had the chains sitting around in a warehouse someplace?

Come on.

It was near farcical anyway, and the writers have just crossed the gap from near-unbelievable to laughable.

Other aspects of the story are also devolving into silliness. Journeys that used to take months are now done in a couple of days. The message from the stranded “heroes” north of the wall to Danaeris travelled faster than e-mail, for Christ sake. Arya turns on Sansa and doesn’t realize that the letter to their brother was coerced? She threatens to blackmail Sansa?

Come on.

If GRRM went along with this – which undoubtedly he did – he is just getting tired of the whole thing and wants to end it. This last bit of writing goes beyond creative and hits “don’t-give-a-shit.”
I too thought the chains were too much.

Come on.

Come on.

I too thought the chains were too much.

Something makes me think the Night King has something like a worg, who can see the past and present. Having the ice lance of doom ready and waiting seemed way to pre-planned for me. Like them waiting out the guys on that rock in the frozen lake.

Come on.

Come on.

I liked the episode, but didn't love it. There was too much suspended disbelief.

Gentry can run, god knows how many miles, in a few minutes! The raven could get to dragonstone in no time and then Danny can get to where they are precisely despite the fact she has never been in the North of the wall or even North of Westros within an hour.

In Winterfell, Arya is on the attack because of the letter Sansa wrote under distress in order to save her father's life! Jesus Christ most no insane people would say "you were forced, I understand." BS storyline if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Last edited:
upload_2017-8-21_13-20-50.jpeg

Come on.

Come on.

The night king is supposed to have been around for thousands of years, since the time of the children of the forest and the first men. Perhaps the chains are some ancient relic from a former age, or perhaps they were forged by giants, who knows?

The complete abandonment of travel and timeline consistency bothered me, the chains did not. ;)

The chains were a WTF for me. Why not just have the dragon fall to the ground instead of sliding down into the frozen lake? That was dumb.

Come on.

Come on.

I agree with you on pretty much everything. Well, I've the dragon thing down since season 1, and the walking dead.

But you hit it right on the head with these zombies being able to swim underwater (they've always avoided water, otherwise they would have swam around the wall), and suddenly (out of nowhere) have these humongous chains, all somehow perfectly linked together, to pull the poor dragon out of the water. The only explanation I can have for that, is that the Night King saw the future, and made the chains so they would be ready, but that's a lot to lug around that we've never caught a glimpse of. We never see those humongous chains any other time during the series. It's just something they made really quickly without the essential materials (unless they're ice chains, and he can form them at will).

But... I have to suspend disbelief in a show like this. He could have done some crazy Yoda shit and levitated the dragon out of the lake, and that would probably be worse.

I also allow the fast-travel necessary in the short amount of eps left. Everyone always complained about how slow it was going, and now that they have it to "The Flash" speeds, everyone else is complaining. So I'm cool with that. They need to get to the end-game.

And I agree about the Arya/Sansa stuff. They just need to sit down and talk, and they'll figure everything out... Rather than prancing and brooding. Just fucking talk! :)

But still, it was an awesome episode. It was leading to what we all wanted to see, dragons vs Icemen. And the 7 samurai part at the beginning, where they're all getting to know each other, was funny as hell!

And I think the Dolphins should have picked up the Night King as their QB, rather than Jake Cutler... I wonder if he's available in my fantasy league?

I know we're all expecting some serious deep meaning to come from all this. But with 7 episodes left, they need to hurry up to the end-game.

And I like the "action" side of it, though it's definitely getting dumbed down. Fans should already have known there would be a zombie dragon. An "ice dragon" may be different though. And there's still the idea of a "stone dragon". So there may be many things still ahead of us, that will be even more deux ex machina.

So how many major characters do we have left? And how many episodes?

As major characters appearing in multiple episodes, I count Cercei, Jaime, Tyrion, Daenerys, Jon, Mormont, Devos, Gregor, Sandor, Sansa, Arya, Bran, Bronn, Brienne, Podrick, Tromund, Littlefinger, Varys, Melisandre, Theon, Yara, Meera, Jaqen, Sam, Gilly, Grew Worm, Daario, And probably a few more that i missed. That are all still alive. Oh, and the Night King, he's not alive, but counts.

Most of them have to die in the next 7 episodes. :)

So I don't see season 8 slowing down any.

I want to see Varys vs Littlefinger in a battle of wits to the death :)

Martin invented a very rich and detailed world in his book. A little magic was OK as were the dragons. However, the TV series is getting farther and father way from the books and that is the reason why we get stupid stuff like the White Walkers coming up with a thousand feet or more of industrial size chains in an area that has no industrial base.

Some of you have wondered why the white walkers would have the giant chains with them. Considering how travel times have been dramatically reduced lately, who says the chains had to be anywhere nearby? Maybe the night king sent for a set of chains he knew about 1000 miles away; it would only take a day or two to bring those. :p

Some of you have wondered why the white walkers would have the giant chains with them. Considering how travel times have been dramatically reduced lately, who says the chains had to be anywhere nearby? Maybe the night king sent for a set of chains he knew about 1000 miles away; it would only take a day or two to bring those. :p
Fire breathing dragons and an army of zombies, wizards, and weird gods, resurrections of the dead and magic, and folks are wondering about where some chains came from.

Forum List

Back