Game of Thrones Season 7

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Two days away

Who will end up sitting on the Iron Throne?
Will it matter once the White Walkers breach the wall?

Winter is coming

maxresdefault.jpg

I've yet to see GOT. I just got hbo free from the cable company for one year on a promotion and my hbo on demand doesn't have all the episodes dating back to season 1. What a ripoff

I've yet to see GOT. I just got hbo free from the cable company for one year on a promotion and my hbo on demand doesn't have all the episodes dating back to season 1. What a ripoff
Try getting the HBO Go app or going to the HBO Go website and sign in with your cable info.

Try getting the HBO Go app or going to the HBO Go website and sign in with your cable info.

Thanks, but it's too much trouble. I don't really have time for tv shows anyway with the NFL coming on soon.

Thanks, but it's too much trouble. I don't really have time for tv shows anyway with the NFL coming on soon.
GoT is no ordinary TV show. Every episode is a spectacle.

Better than breaking bad? That's my all time favorite show.

I loved Breaking Bad. Best ending to a series ever IMO.

But it doesn't even come close to comparing to GoT. The scale of the show and the epicness of the dozens of plots put it in a league of its own. I can't think of any other show that comes even close.

Easy show to binge watch

But it doesn't even come close to comparing to GoT. The scale of the show and the epicness of the dozens of plots put it in a league of its own. I can't think of any other show that comes even close.
I look at the production values, acting and writing on GoT to be superior to most movies today
They also have the luxury of extended storytelling

I look at the production values, acting and writing on GoT to be superior to most movies today
They also have the luxury of extended storytelling
I was telling my friend the other day to watch it and I was trying to think of another show in the past to compare it to but there's nothing. Every episode is an event that everybody will be talking about the next day.

Other shows that have done that are maybe like "Lost," or "Walking Dead," or "Breaking Bad" as mentioned above, but those are not even close to being on the same level.

If anyone still needs to watch it, and doesn't have HBO or wants to pay for a livestream, you can see most GoT episodes on Youtube the next day, just split into small pieces. That's how I've watched the series.

A warning, some spoilers ahead about s7e1.

I wasn't surprised by anything in the episode. I already has read spoilers about what Arya was planning. The episode was mostly laying groundwork for the rest of the season.

Favorite things?

Zombie giants. Ruh-roh. And they let Bran back through the wall? Bad idea. That boy is a curse.

Samwell's bedpans/stew montage.

"You're a lucky man." -- Tormund. I laughed hard.

"I learned a lot from her." -- Sansa, on Cersei. Ooh. Sansa has gotten cold. Though I'm wondering if the Sansa/Jon disagreements are partially staged, to draw out Littlefinger.

"I've got a thousand ships and two good hands" -- Euron. It seems we have another charismatic psychopath around, one who relishes baiting Jaime.

What will Euron bring back as a gift? Some people who have read the books say it will be a dragon horn that can control dragons, but I think not. Such an item hasn't been mentioned on the TV show before, and it's too late to suddenly throw in a new mcguffin. I'm guessing it will be one Elyria (sp?) Sand, the person who murdered Cersei's daughter.

Being kind of slow on the uptake, I didn't realize at first why the Hound was so reluctant to go into that house, then I had the head slapping "Oh, it's _that_ farmer's house" moment.

So Khaleesi finally lands on shore and is preparing for battle, Cersei is solidifying her strength and Jon Snow is preparing to fight the White Walkers and being undercut by his stupid sister

My money says Sam will be the one who ends up on the Iron Throne. He is the only one who realizes the real threat to the kingdom and he will find the book that explains how to defeat the White Walkers. While the others are fighting among themselves....It is Sam who will rise and save the kingdom

I don't get how they are going to build up Cersei as a real threat. The Lanisters have no allies and are weak from years of war. Danny has a formidable army in the Dorthaki and Unsully, not to mention her dragons, more than enough to take kings landing. But then she has the Tyrells, the largest house in Westros, Martels (who are a peak strength since they avoided war) and half the Ironborn.

I just wish they would get the conquest storyline over with.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I don't get how they are going to build up Cersei as a real threat. The Lanisters have no allies and are weak from years of war. Danny has a formidable army in the Dorthaki and Unsully, not to mention her dragons, more than enough to take kings landing. But then she has the Tyrells, the largest house in Westros, Martels (who are a peak strength since they avoided war) and half the Ironborn.

I just wish they would get the conquest storyline over with.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Winter is here

I wish they would get off the meaningless power struggles and move on to the real threat

the double edged sword...save the kingdoms with dragon dust....it kills the white walkers.....while enabling your dragons to be killed or ....stop the use of dragon dust...and risk the kingdoms? but save your dragons?

dragonstone is the key

If BB Was like GOT, Walter White would be dead in the first season, Jessy would be dead in Season 2

Forum List

Back