Game of Thrones Season 6

I have to say it...Daenerys is so damn hot. OMG...

Back to the show..good episode...we can see where the show is building up for an all out war on multiple fronts.

No I think the conspiracy is still in play. I think the Umbers want to unit the North against the Boltons and I think he is taking a risk to do this.
If giving up Rickon and Osha was a ploy, then Osha wouldn't have died. I think the Umber's betrayed Rickon and they killed his Direwolf. I thought maybe that wolf head was too small before, and that the Umber's showing up right after Roose Bolton died meant that something was in the works; but then Osha was killed proving she was a real prisoner and not part of some plan.
I don't think Northmen care much for Wildlings. They might not have cared whether she lived it died.
Yeah but would they have gone against a Stark and killed his companion and his Direwolf?
I don't think that is his Direwolf
I didn't think so either until Osha died. No way would Rickon agree to a plan where he and his Direwolf were protected but Osha wasn't.
I think you are right. I think the Umber's turned because of the Wildlings army South of the Wall.

However I see most of the other Stark Houses like the Mormonts backing Snow. I don't think Ramsay prepared for the Knights of Vale to intervene and that could be the xfactor.

I am looking forward to the Giant getting back to the action.

It will be interesting to see Danny's next move. When she shows up at Meeran with the entire Dorthaki horde, then seeing them march against the masters will be sweet. I think Tyrion's release of the Dragons will pay dividends.

Funny you can even root for the Lanisters because those religious nutz suck. It is going to be nice seeing the what Cersi does to the High Sparrow and her cousin.

If giving up Rickon and Osha was a ploy, then Osha wouldn't have died. I think the Umber's betrayed Rickon and they killed his Direwolf. I thought maybe that wolf head was too small before, and that the Umber's showing up right after Roose Bolton died meant that something was in the works; but then Osha was killed proving she was a real prisoner and not part of some plan.
I don't think Northmen care much for Wildlings. They might not have cared whether she lived it died.
Yeah but would they have gone against a Stark and killed his companion and his Direwolf?
I don't think that is his Direwolf
I didn't think so either until Osha died. No way would Rickon agree to a plan where he and his Direwolf were protected but Osha wasn't.
I think you are right. I think the Umber's turned because of the Wildlings army South of the Wall.

However I see most of the other Stark Houses like the Mormonts backing Snow. I don't think Ramsay prepared for the Knights of Vale to intervene and that could be the xfactor.

I am looking forward to the Giant getting back to the action.

It will be interesting to see Danny's next move. When she shows up at Meeran with the entire Dorthaki horde, then seeing them march against the masters will be sweet. I think Tyrion's release of the Dragons will pay dividends.

Funny you can even root for the Lanisters because those religious nutz suck. It is going to be nice seeing the what Cersi does to the High Sparrow and her cousin.
In the trailer for Season 6 there's a clip of what looks like a fully grown Drogon flying over the Dothraki army. Maybe we'll get to see an all out attack by Dany's army with her dragons.

Go to 0:20

Daenerys Targaryen.....Tremendous scene where she tells the smirking heathens they're all going to die and then sets the temple ablaze and walks out with her clothing burned off
tongue_smile.gif
her hair unscathed and the huddled masses bowing at her feet.....When she gets her dragons back, watch out!

Daenerys-at-the-Sack-of-Astapor-810x455.jpg

Daenerys Targaryen.....Tremendous scene where she tells the smirking heathens they're all going to die and then sets the temple ablaze and walks out with her clothing burned off
tongue_smile.gif
her hair unscathed and the huddled masses bowing at her feet.....When she gets her dragons back, watch out!

Daenerys-at-the-Sack-of-Astapor-810x455.jpg
It's why I still love GOT. :)

I don't think Tyrion freed the dragons; he just removed their collars. I think they are still captive in the castle.

Danny is "hot," but having seen her with her natural brown hair, she definitely looks better as a brunette.

Happily ignored in the entire collection of books is, What do these armies eat? Provisioning an army during a long march is an immense task that GRRM completely ignores. And in the desert there is nowhere near enough game to feed an army. The Dothrakki's would be perpetually starving to death.

I empathize with King Tommen, suffering from the Hawaiian disease (Lakka-nookie) while his gorgeous wife remains captive in the dungeon.

Yawn. Yet another really boring episode. Sigh.

I thought the Hold the door aspect was stupid, but all
and all it was a good episode. It sucks that Bran lost all his allies. Even his dire wolf.

I thought the play was a cool scene to remind Arya who she is. I am looking forward to Jon and Sansa taking down Ramsay.

I thought the Ironborn storyline was stupid, but then seeing Ironborn will plan to ally with Danny is interesting. I wonder if that is where Theon and his sister are heading to ally with her first. She has a nice army behind her and 2 of the best advisors out there.

I'm just losing interest in it, I guess. No dragons. No drama like in the beginning seasons. No plotting and planning and bad guys we love to hate except Ramsey. And mostly..no more Dire Wolves.

The Starks are just really bad luck to anyone around them. Oh, and Arya's storyline is just flat out stupid. BORING. At least Sansa finally found a pair of balls, though.

About fifty percent of the last episode was barely visible. It seems like the producers have found a way to save money by having a bunch of people run around in a darkened room bumping into furniture and each other by the light of a 5Watt bulb.

I watch this show on Sunday nights because it often is visually stimulating. I don't know who anyone is or what is going on but it's interesting to watch, like a cat fight. I sometimes have a general idea of what's what, but then everything changes and by the following week I've forgotten everything I had a vague notion about.

Now the darkness routines have me completely baffled and I am left with a hope to see the little fellow torture Ramsay to death by sticking a white-hot poker up his ass while the big blond lesbian holds him down. That will make it all worthwhile. Nothing less will make up for all the confusion and frustration I've endured over the years with this series.

Last edited:
I've been on youtube for the past hour watching group reactions to HODOR, filmed in bars, peoples living rooms for GoT parties where they all watch, etc.

And every one of them cried. AND...someone in each crowd ALWAYS said "why do they keep killing off the DireWolves???" and all of them said HODOR when the girl said "hold da door". Lightbulbs were going off over everyones heads all at once, lol. HODOR HODOR HODOR!
The connection...and their enlightenment...was fascinating to watch on so many faces!

I've been on youtube for the past hour watching group reactions to HODOR, filmed in bars, peoples living rooms for GoT parties where they all watch, etc.

And every one of them cried. AND...someone in each crowd ALWAYS said "why do they keep killing off the DireWolves???" and all of them said HODOR when the girl said "hold da door". Lightbulbs were going off over everyones heads all at once, lol. HODOR HODOR HODOR!
The connection...and their enlightenment...was fascinating to watch on so many faces!

Really disappointed with how easily they are killing off the Direwolves

When the show started and each Stark child was given a Direwolf pup to raise and protect them, they looked like a secret weapon for the Stark kids to use in an emergency
For the most part they just sleep and are killed without ever having actually done anything for their Stark master

Yeah....the HODOR - "Hold the Door" thing was pretty hokey. I wish they didn't do that.

Not only was it hokey but Hodors demise was hardly inspiring

I agree very poor written ending to a character many liked. But I still like the show.

Predictions for the rest of the season:
(1) Jon and Sansa rally the North behind the Stark banner. Tullys and Riverun join up. The Knights of the Vales do also. Jon leads the Wildlings army, with Wun Wun the Giant kicking so a serious ass. Prior to the big fight the Carstark house turns on Ramsay. Jon becomes Jon Stark. But returns to the Wall as Lord Commander. Sansa presides over Winterfell.

(2) Arya becomes a deadly assassin and learns the art of changing her face. She eventually leaves the House of Black and White and becomes a deadly assassin with her first target being the Freys. She eventually sees the Hound again and they have a cordial yet uncomfortable meeting.

(3) Bran?!?!?!? I can't even make a prediction. In my opinion he seems fucked. No three eyes Raven as a mentor, not tree people as allies, no Hodor to carry him around and channel through when he needs to kills someone, no Dire Wolf as a protector and he is stuck in the wilderness North of the wall with just a girl, no food, no water, unable to walk and being chased by zombies and white walkers. I wonder who comes to his aid.

(4) The Knights guard, Lanisters and Tyrell's slaughter the religious freaks. In 2 episodes you see the High Sparrow, Cersi's cousin and the Nun that abuse Cersi being viciously tortured to death. It makes no sense why this has happened already.

(5) The Tyrells and Lanisters march on Doran and defeat Doran.

(6) Danny leads her Dorthaki horde to Meeran and is highly impressed with how Tyrion and Varys have run Meeran. They go on to take the other lost cities. Tara and Theon Greyjoy sail to Meeran. They offer their ship and alliance to her. They sail to Kingslanding. Under Tyrion and Varys advisor they easily take Kingslanding. The Tyrells are allowed to leave as long as they swear alliance. Cersi and King Tommen are out to death, but Tyrion convinces Danny to spare Jaime.

(7) The season ends with the White Walkers attacking and overtaking Castle Black.

According to GRRM, there IS an ending to all of this, and it ties everything together. If not, I am going to be PISSED!

Part of the fascination people have with this series is the survival of some really bad people (along with the deaths of some really good people) who in most fiction would have been killed by now. You keep watching in order to see them brought down, hoping it will be satisfying.

My main criticism of the whole series is the prominent place of magic and supernatural forces, which detract greatly from the overall effect, at least for me.

Forum List

Back