Game of Thrones Season 6

According to GRRM, there IS an ending to all of this, and it ties everything together. If not, I am going to be PISSED!
I don't have that problem because I have never understood what is going on from Day One. For me, each episode starts off in a state of confusion and ends even moreso. So I just go along for each new ride and watch the scenery go by. I recognize a few players, like the little fellow, the big lesbian, the little blond with the dragons, and John Snow. But I never know what's going on with any of them.

I see two people, brother and sister, I believe, who seem to be the most evil people in the world, then a few episodes later they are handless hero and abused heroine. The villains are all living high and the good guys are gone, one by one. Except for John Snow. I see him stabbed to death. Next episode he's brought back to life, but no explanation as to why a lot of other good guys are still dead, which is disappointingly confusing.

And now they are shooting ten minute scenarios in the dark where it is impossible to see what's happening, which is doubly disappointing for me because the visual experience is the main reason I watch this damn series.

One thing that made sense was knocking off the little fiend, King Geoffrey. But his demise was much too merciful: poison, two minutes and he's at peace, but we all know he deserved to suffer much longer. And now there is a villain even more deserving of well-structured agony -- Ramsay.

Oh, what a sonofabitch they've created in that character, and he just keeps on ticking, episode after episode. If they knock him off as quickly and as mercifully as they did Geoffrey I will be completely disgusted with the whole thing and probably won't bother watching it anymore. That rotten little bastard deserves at least a full week of creatively plotted psychological torment as prelude to a more fiendishly administered form of prolonged physical agony than even he was capable of conceiving.

Part of the fascination people have with this series is the survival of some really bad people (along with the deaths of some really good people) who in most fiction would have been killed by now. You keep watching in order to see them brought down, hoping it will be satisfying.
I think you're absolutely right about that. It's been working very effectively on me. My impulse for sadistic vengeance is repeatedly frustrated.

My main criticism of the whole series is the prominent place of magic and supernatural forces, which detract greatly from the overall effect, at least for me.
I agree. Magic is nonsense. It carries fiction to an absurd extreme and dispenses with the need to think.

Last edited:
I loved the initial premise of Game of Thrones where the seven kingdoms begin plotting to overthrow the others in various ways. The ice and fire theme was also so creative and interesting. When it followed the books, initially, it was better but the show became so popular, they had to begin writing the subsequent books too quickly. That cheapened the series.

I don't like the amount of magic and fantasy that has evolved either. It gets almost comical at times.

Yeah....the HODOR - "Hold the Door" thing was pretty hokey. I wish they didn't do that.

Not only was it hokey but Hodors demise was hardly inspiring
Honestly compared to the other deaths in the show, Hodor's was probably the most noble.

57c.jpg

No doubt noble, but he was there to protect Bran

I thought his mental state would hide some gift or power that would be revealed at some time

I never realized that power was holding a door shut

Yeah....the HODOR - "Hold the Door" thing was pretty hokey. I wish they didn't do that.

Honestly compared to the other deaths in the show, Hodor's was probably the most noble.

57c.jpg

I thought his mental state would hide some gift or power that would be revealed at some time

That door really needed to be held shut.

Hell, I've been able to ignore obvious paradoxes in Star Trek, so ignoring them in this series isn't really an issue.

57c.jpg

Hell, I've been able to ignore obvious paradoxes in Star Trek, so ignoring them in this series isn't really an issue.
If Bran had gotten out of his stupid trance, Hodor would not have needed to hold the door

And why did they need to try to get him out of a trance anyway? He can't walk either way

57c.jpg

If Bran had gotten out of his stupid trance, Hodor would not have needed to hold the door

And why did they need to try to get him out of a trance anyway? He can't walk either way

But Hodor was already Hodor, so the events that created Hodor had happened anyway, even if they didn't happen yet.

I think Sansa is knocked up from that guy who likes to skin people. She said she could still feel him inside of her.

Hold the thought!

I think so too...

At first I took it as she was hurt so bad that she still feels it (read: anal torture), but holding the wicked child inside of her could very well explain that comment as well.

Regardless, Little Finger is not going to ride off into the sunset, and he will be needed to conquer the North.

The real question I have is will Lady Brienne hook up with the red haired wildling!! That was 5 seconds of absolute laughter when he wild-eyed her!!!

And I don't laugh out loud readily... :)

Last edited:
Hold the thought!

I think so too...

At first I took it as she was hurt so bad that she still feels it (read: anal torture), but holding the wicked child inside of her could very well explain that comment as well.

Regardless, Little Finger is not going to ride off into the sunset, and he will be needed to conquer the North.

The real question I have is will Lady Brienne hook up with the red haired wildling!! That was 5 seconds of absolute laughter when he wild-eyed her!!!

And I don't laugh out loud readily... :)

that scene alone...made the show worth your time....

Well thank goodness Arya's getting the hell out of Braavos. I'd have shot milk out of my nose in laughter if there had been yet another dumb stick training montage.

Other notes:

- Benjen Stark? Fuck yeah!

- The High Sparrow winning? I can't wait for Cersei to rain down her wrath (crazy how she's been made into a sympathetic character)

- Jamie fired from the Kingsguard? Good now maybe he can go do something interesting instead of the boring crap he's been up to the last season and a half

- Sam takes Heartsbane and leaves his home in the dead of night? I don't think I've ever cared about anything less in all my life. He needs to get back to the north

- Danaery's hops on her dragon and gives a speech to the Khalasar? God dammit Game of Thrones! Stop leading us along and take us to prom already!!! :mad:

I give this episode a 5/10.

Dani on her dragon was a flat rip off of Jake on Batuk or however its spelled, on Avatar. Dumb. But I hope she kicks some ass.

Sam really surprised me when he pulled his balls out of his ass and took that sword.

Jamie needs to do something besides suck face with his sister.

I still loathe cersei BUT....I am rooting for her now more than I am for the damn starks.

Die already, Bran. Yer boring and use your friends...like Hodor. You fucked him up to make him mental so in the future you could kill him so he could hold a door for your sorry ass. Fuck you.

Arya....die with Bran. Both of you suck.

Dani on her dragon was a flat rip off of Jake on Batuk or however its spelled, on Avatar. Dumb. But I hope she kicks some ass.

Sam really surprised me when he pulled his balls out of his ass and took that sword.

Jamie needs to do something besides suck face with his sister.

I still loathe cersei BUT....I am rooting for her now more than I am for the damn starks.

Die already, Bran. Yer boring and use your friends...like Hodor. You fucked him up to make him mental so in the future you could kill him so he could hold a door for your sorry ass. Fuck you.

Arya....die with Bran. Both of you suck.
I agree with you about Bran for the first 5 seasons. But now with his flashback abilities, we can find out how everything came to as it is now in Westeros. We've already seen the origin story of the white walkers, a flashback to Winterfell's past, the events at the Tower of Joy (well, half at least)...

And through Bran we can still find out about the Mad King, Valyrian steel, Dragonglass, the creation of the wall, and dare I say it... does r + l = j??? As well as lots of other stuff.

But yes Bran's stupidity is unparalleled. If you think about it, if he'd just listened to his mother and not climbed the damn castle walls like an idiot, nothing bad would have happened all this time.

The Starks are bad JuJu. Period.

Bran climbing the damn wall and being a peeping tom.
Sansa INSISTING she wuvs Joffrey and wanting to be a queen. And no gumption to boot.
Arya...meh. She has gumption, but she's boring.
Mom of them all..........meh again. Didn't bother me one iota she got offed at the red wedding.
Dad of them all....bummer, but only because he was sean bean.

Just bad news. The whole lot of them.

The Starks are bad JuJu. Period.

Bran climbing the damn wall and being a peeping tom.
Sansa INSISTING she wuvs Joffrey and wanting to be a queen. And no gumption to boot.
Arya...meh. She has gumption, but she's boring.
Mom of them all..........meh again. Didn't bother me one iota she got offed at the red wedding.
Dad of them all....bummer, but only because he was sean bean.

Just bad news. The whole lot of them.
How about the Direwolves all turning out to be completely useless and entirely pointless to the plot of the show? 4 of the 6 are dead, and all 4 died without putting up any fight at all.

3 fought. Or guarded, rather. And the starks? Hell, they weren't even loyal to their direwolves.

3 fought. Or guarded, rather. And the starks? Hell, they weren't even loyal to their direwolves.
Lady - bit Joffrey and was executed as a puppy, having accomplished nothing of any significance
Grey Wind - killed in a cage, being poked by spears and unable to do anything
Shaggydog - Killed offscreen after having played no role whatsoever in the show
Summer - Killed after jumping like an idiot into a swarm of Wights and doing zero damage. Also failed to slow them down.

And then the alive ones:
Nymeria - has played no role whatsoever in the show. Probably gone forever. (My hope is that somehow, for some reason, Nymeria shows up and saves Arya from the Waif. But I doubt it will happen)
Ghost - has played no role whatsoever in the show

The starks are too busy being the starks and fucking everyone else up with their selfishness to care about a direwolf.

Forum List

Back