Game of Thrones Season 6

I wish I did. I'm burned out. And I don't trust the writers either. Soon as you start to root for someone, they get killed off. Usually due to Stark Stupidity.

I loved the initial premise of Game of Thrones where the seven kingdoms begin plotting to overthrow the others in various ways. The ice and fire theme was also so creative and interesting. When it followed the books, initially, it was better but the show became so popular, they had to begin writing the subsequent books too quickly. That cheapened the series.

I don't like the amount of magic and fantasy that has evolved either. It gets almost comical at times.
If you're talking about the blond babe coming in for a landing on her dragon, I agree.

I loved the initial premise of Game of Thrones where the seven kingdoms begin plotting to overthrow the others in various ways. The ice and fire theme was also so creative and interesting. When it followed the books, initially, it was better but the show became so popular, they had to begin writing the subsequent books too quickly. That cheapened the series.

I don't like the amount of magic and fantasy that has evolved either. It gets almost comical at times.
Are you aware that zero books have been released since the beginning of the show? Trust me, the writing has not been sped up even a millisecond.

You were not speaking to me, but I will answer. The writing hasn't sped up because he isn't writing. he is sitting on his fat ass collecting checks. HBO has writers writing FOR him.

You were not speaking to me, but I will answer. The writing hasn't sped up because he isn't writing. he is sitting on his fat ass collecting checks. HBO has writers writing FOR him.
To be fair, it's taken him as long as 6 years between books before. He's never promised to get the next book out quickly.

I've read each of the 5 released books multiple times, and for the first time in my life of reading books and watching TV and movie adaptations... I can say that the show is better :thup:

I have not read the books, but I read posts of those who have over at another forum, so I pretty know what is missing in the show or what is considered "different".

It started off really good, GoT did. Drama, characters we could all get in to, action, hardcore stuff, sadness, anger. Stuff all shows are supposed to get from the viewer. But then it kinda wanked out and now....I consider it pretty boring. Hell, I even forgot it came on tonight and missed the first showing. That's how impressed I am with it now. Which isn't saying much.

I have not read the books, but I read posts of those who have over at another forum, so I pretty know what is missing in the show or what is considered "different".

It started off really good, GoT did. Drama, characters we could all get in to, action, hardcore stuff, sadness, anger. Stuff all shows are supposed to get from the viewer. But then it kinda wanked out and now....I consider it pretty boring. Hell, I even forgot it came on tonight and missed the first showing. That's how impressed I am with it now. Which isn't saying much.
That happens to all shows. It's rare for a show to make it passed it's first season, much less 5 or 6. At this point only really invested people are still watching, and that those numbers are in the millions is a testament to the quality of the show and its creators.

3 fought. Or guarded, rather. And the starks? Hell, they weren't even loyal to their direwolves.
Lady - bit Joffrey and was executed as a puppy, having accomplished nothing of any significance
Grey Wind - killed in a cage, being poked by spears and unable to do anything
Shaggydog - Killed offscreen after having played no role whatsoever in the show
Summer - Killed after jumping like an idiot into a swarm of Wights and doing zero damage. Also failed to slow them down.

And then the alive ones:
Nymeria - has played no role whatsoever in the show. Probably gone forever. (My hope is that somehow, for some reason, Nymeria shows up and saves Arya from the Waif. But I doubt it will happen)
Ghost - has played no role whatsoever in the show
My compliments on your ability to remember all those names. I can only remember John Snow and, for some odd reason, Geoffrey, the rotten little king who was killed much too mercifully, Brianna, the big lesbian, and Ramsay, the arch-psycho whose end I am so looking forward to and I hope they won't disappoint me by making it too quick and merciful. (He richly deserves the white-hot-poker-in-the-ass routine.)

My favorite characters are the little fellow and Brianna, neither of whom showed up tonight much to my disappointment.

You mentioned the killing of the dogs, which I found especially annoying. That is redundant.

I noticed the little girl who was temporarily blinded had gotten her sword back, and chubby grabbed his father's sword on the way out. Both these clues hold promise for some pleasing events in the near future. (Hopefully.)

3 fought. Or guarded, rather. And the starks? Hell, they weren't even loyal to their direwolves.
Lady - bit Joffrey and was executed as a puppy, having accomplished nothing of any significance
Summer - Killed after jumping like an idiot into a swarm of Wights and doing zero damage. Also failed to slow them down.

And then the alive ones:
Nymeria - has played no role whatsoever in the show. Probably gone forever. (My hope is that somehow, for some reason, Nymeria shows up and saves Arya from the Waif. But I doubt it will happen)
My compliments on your ability to remember all those names. I can only remember John Snow and, for some odd reason, Geoffrey, the rotten little king who was killed much too mercifully, Brianna, the big lesbian, and Ramsay, the arch-psycho whose end I am so looking forward to and I hope they won't disappoint me by making it too quick and merciful. (He richly deserves the white-hot-poker-in-the-ass routine.)

My favorite characters are the little fellow and Brianna, neither of whom showed up tonight much to my disappointment.

You mentioned the killing of the dogs, which I found especially annoying. That is redundant.

I noticed the little girl who was temporarily blinded had gotten her sword back, and chubby grabbed his father's sword on the way out. Both these clues hold promise for some pleasing events in the near future. (Hopefully.)
Brienne is a breakout character. One of the few people on the show with purely honorable intentions. Tyrion, surprisingly, may be another.

G.R.R. Martin said he was going to cut back on doing conventions, conferences, etc, because they are taking time away from his writing. He is writing, just at a glacial pace. It takes the guy a loooong time to finish a book. He doesn't stop writing and the publishers have had to cut his work in half and make two books as they did with A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons. I personally don't think HBO's writers haven't done a very good job when they go off script, as evidenced by the garbage portrayal of Dorne.

Well thank goodness Arya's getting the hell out of Braavos. I'd have shot milk out of my nose in laughter if there had been yet another dumb stick training montage.

Other notes:

- Benjen Stark? Fuck yeah!

- The High Sparrow winning? I can't wait for Cersei to rain down her wrath (crazy how she's been made into a sympathetic character)

- Jamie fired from the Kingsguard? Good now maybe he can go do something interesting instead of the boring crap he's been up to the last season and a half

- Sam takes Heartsbane and leaves his home in the dead of night? I don't think I've ever cared about anything less in all my life. He needs to get back to the north

- Danaery's hops on her dragon and gives a speech to the Khalasar? God dammit Game of Thrones! Stop leading us along and take us to prom already!!! :mad:

I give this episode a 5/10.
I was glad Arya did the right thing. It seems pointless for her to become a hired assassin that kills solely for the highest bidder. That is immoral and she is not immoral. Hopeless she goes on a revenge killing spree with what she has learned, starting with Walder Frey.

Benjen Stark was around for so little, but it is great to see his return. It is interesting how he seems to know so much about Bran's visions. He will be a much needed guardian.

Tommen move shows he is a weak and foolish King. He should have slaughter the Faith the minute they tried to take Margery. Now he joins forces and provides them unequivocal power. Not a smart move to join forces and provide power to religious fanatics that hold everyone else to a higher standard then they hold themselves.

Jaime is doing something yes. Just as long as it doesn't involve the Sand Snakes. I hope Blackfish can tow the line and remain strong, but I assume they will use his captured son against him and get him to surrender the castle.

I like Sam's story. I like how Gilly stood up to his family. He deserves the sword and I am glad he took it.

I was rather unimpressed with Dany's speech. It seems all she does is talk. Get on with the invasion that has been teasing us about since season 1. Euron might be right. They could forge and alliance. However I doubt he could force a marriage. It didn't seem like that many ships sailed with Yara and Theon's departure, but they will clearly get to Danny first to make their case.

Did anyone else hear the Brotherhood without Banner name dropping? Could that mean Lady Stoneheart is going to be introduced? I heard from book r adhere she is a great character.

I'm like MikeK.....too many names and events I can't remember from binge-watching the first 5 seasons by myself without feedback or discussion. All I know for sure is the special-effects are truly remarkable and a welcomed relief from all the gloomy dark night in winter woods scenes. Daenerys Targaryen sitting on that dragon inciting her legions to conquer the world for her was unforgettable...I leaped up and gave her a standing ovation! :lol:

Dani on her dragon was a flat rip off of Jake on Batuk or however its spelled, on Avatar. Dumb. But I hope she kicks some ass.

Sam really surprised me when he pulled his balls out of his ass and took that sword.

Jamie needs to do something besides suck face with his sister.

I still loathe cersei BUT....I am rooting for her now more than I am for the damn starks.

Die already, Bran. Yer boring and use your friends...like Hodor. You fucked him up to make him mental so in the future you could kill him so he could hold a door for your sorry ass. Fuck you.

Arya....die with Bran. Both of you suck.
I agree with you about Bran for the first 5 seasons. But now with his flashback abilities, we can find out how everything came to as it is now in Westeros. We've already seen the origin story of the white walkers, a flashback to Winterfell's past, the events at the Tower of Joy (well, half at least)...

And through Bran we can still find out about the Mad King, Valyrian steel, Dragonglass, the creation of the wall, and dare I say it... does r + l = j??? As well as lots of other stuff.

But yes Bran's stupidity is unparalleled. If you think about it, if he'd just listened to his mother and not climbed the damn castle walls like an idiot, nothing bad would have happened all this time.

I'm already sick of Bran and he was gone all last season

A stupid plot device to reveal what happened in the past. When is he going to actually DO something? Oh fuck...Bran is in another trance

Bran crippled Hodor for no reason. A fully mentally functional Hodor would have been capable of holding a door

And then the alive ones:

Agree....direwolves do little but sleep and get killed

In the first episode, when each Stark child was given their own direwolf to feed and receive protection the anticipation was great that the wolves would be a secret weapon for the Stark children

Instead, they are just killed without consequence

Dani on her dragon was a flat rip off of Jake on Batuk or however its spelled, on Avatar. Dumb. But I hope she kicks some ass.

Sam really surprised me when he pulled his balls out of his ass and took that sword.

Jamie needs to do something besides suck face with his sister.

I still loathe cersei BUT....I am rooting for her now more than I am for the damn starks.

Die already, Bran. Yer boring and use your friends...like Hodor. You fucked him up to make him mental so in the future you could kill him so he could hold a door for your sorry ass. Fuck you.

Arya....die with Bran. Both of you suck.
I agree with you about Bran for the first 5 seasons. But now with his flashback abilities, we can find out how everything came to as it is now in Westeros. We've already seen the origin story of the white walkers, a flashback to Winterfell's past, the events at the Tower of Joy (well, half at least)...

And through Bran we can still find out about the Mad King, Valyrian steel, Dragonglass, the creation of the wall, and dare I say it... does r + l = j??? As well as lots of other stuff.

But yes Bran's stupidity is unparalleled. If you think about it, if he'd just listened to his mother and not climbed the damn castle walls like an idiot, nothing bad would have happened all this time.

I'm already sick of Bran and he was gone all last season

A stupid plot device to reveal what happened in the past. When is he going to actually DO something? Oh fuck...Bran is in another trance

Bran crippled Hodor for no reason. A fully mentally functional Hodor would have been capable of holding a door

But a fully functional Hodor would probably have not stuck around with him for as long as he did.

It had already happened, so Brann had no real control over the situation.

Paradoxes are fun!

And then the alive ones:

Agree....direwolves do little but sleep and get killed

In the first episode, when each Stark child was given their own direwolf to feed and receive protection the anticipation was great that the wolves would be a secret weapon for the Stark children

Instead, they are just killed without consequence

Grey Wind did alot during the various battles. and Ghost has been used plenty of times for intimidation purposes.

Forum List

Back