Future Colin Kaepernicks, Beware: You Can Get Fired for Political Speech

Of course it's up to the private owners....

The President of the USA should have kept his trap shut....

So . . . . the President doesn't share the right to free speech others do?

The one who is at fault here is ROGER GOODELL. If he had run his company, the NFL, and followed its own rules and fined Kapernick a year ago for public displays unauthorized or outside game interests, none of this would have ever happened. The issue isn't Trump, the issue isn't the kneeling. The issue is them doing it at a neutral sports game in a fashion that gives the finger to the whole damn country!
why do you think that it's giving the finger when it clearly isn't... ? kneeling in any manner has never been considered anything but a humbling gesture, in the holiest of ways.

you are welcomed to your opinion or meme but to me....If he wanted to say F YOU to the flag, he would have stood backwards, with his back to the flag during the national anthem, or something like that and not give a penitent man's posture or reverent man's posture imo!

The POTUS doesn't have 1st amendment rights?
Yeah the President has1st Amendment Rights, it's just that anyone with a third grade understanding of those Rights realize that he doesn't have the right to infringe upon the player's Rights...

He didn't infringe on their rights, when did he call for state censorship? It is you who doesn't understand the 1st amendment.
He called for their firing...case closed.
Checkmate and you are done...
Nonsense .... are you intentionally misinterpreting the incident, or is it an accident?
So now that I have made you a fool and liar on your original ignorance of the 1st Amend...you want to tell an easily disprovable lie and say that trump did not call for their firing???...lol.
Before you try that bullshit, ley me cut you off at the kness...

2:34 mark, calling for the illegal firing of players for execising their 1st Amend Rights...

Man, you are one dumb dude.

You rattle on about stuff you don't understand - you attack people you don't understand - and now you embarrass yourself like this.

You truly are waste of human flesh. I have no time for a simpleton of your caliber.

Those players are protesting civil injustices towards black men, as example...that the police have killed over the decades who were unarmed, or carrying a toy gun etc etc etc, yet none have ever been punished...they are not protesting our anthem and flag...

The First Amendment is why our President, the head of our government, should not get involved and in the middle of this, period. It's the government that is restricted by our first amendment right, not the private owners and the owners should be able to make their own decisions without the government's top dog President calling mother's of player's bitches and without the President recommending they be fired if they don't stand up and sing praise to our nation/ our government as our government head snaps his fingers and wants them to....

He needs to shut up, and butt out...
If this is the case, the players are doing a piss poor job of getting their message out.

People are not reacting to what they are protesting about, they are reacting to the method of protest.

If players want to protest, let them walk around the field holding picket signs before the national anthem. Hell, let them refuse to play!!

As for the players' so-called First Amendment right, that is, simply, not applicable. Owners do not have to allow them to protest. Fans can punish owners for not stopping it, and they can punish players for what they perceive as disrespect for the flag, for the country, and for its veterans.

You can say that the fans are misinterpreting the message all you want - the fact is that, if the players want to get THEIR message across, they need to find another way. Nobody is listening to what the players claim they are saying - they are only reacting to what they see the players do.

As for the President -- he represents the people, and he is telling the NFL what the people are saying. Problem is - they aren't listening.
So they can only protest in a manner that you approve of...lol.
Grow up asshole...

Your ignorance is only exceeded by your immaturity.

Nobody cares if they protest - people only care that the protest not disrespect the flag and the National Anthem.
But they are not disrespecting the flag or anthem or our country. They are kneeling in protest of a subject you should be protesting instead of haveing some pretend tissy fit.
It's not WHAT you protest ---- it's what you are PERCEIVED to be protesting.
Why would you willingly embrace such ignorance...???
At least informed people can now see the ignorance of trump and his ill informed ilk...

Yeah the President has1st Amendment Rights, it's just that anyone with a third grade understanding of those Rights realize that he doesn't have the right to infringe upon the player's Rights...

He didn't infringe on their rights, when did he call for state censorship? It is you who doesn't understand the 1st amendment.
Nonsense .... are you intentionally misinterpreting the incident, or is it an accident?
So now that I have made you a fool and liar on your original ignorance of the 1st Amend...you want to tell an easily disprovable lie and say that trump did not call for their firing???...lol.

2:34 mark, calling for the illegal firing of players for execising their 1st Amend Rights...

You rattle on about stuff you don't understand - you attack people you don't understand - and now you embarrass yourself like this.

You truly are waste of human flesh. I have no time for a simpleton of your caliber.

So you have no actual basis in reality and are upset...go calm down now.

They're protesting against the symbols that represent their right to protest? So you're saying because they can protest, they shouldn't? Er.... wow,
No, you have it backwards. They're not protesting for the opportunity to protest. They're essentially protesting against the opportunity to protest. Like using democracy to vote down democracy.

But they're not.

Your argument is that the flag and the anthem are the things that PROTECT people to protest. They're not. They symbols and nothing more. They're symbols of the US govt.

Now, the US govt should be protecting free speech. But the President is arguing AGAINST free speech. So the flag and the anthem right NOW, represent a govt that is OPPOSED to free speech.
You really are an NFL player. The flag represents the constitution and the essence of our country, including freedom of speech. These idiots don't know how to articulate their contrived, substanceless grievance. As a result, they protest against their own freedom to protest. As Sgt. Lincoln Osiris would say, "moronical".

Oh, going for insults I see. Maybe if you try writing WITHOUT insults, you might get a reply.
I consider them accurate descriptives, especially when you consider the points in the response.

So, you're basically saying instead of an argument, you'll go for insults? Wow.

The POTUS doesn't have 1st amendment rights?

I wonder why all these Righties were upset about B. Clinton's sex life then.

It was a sexual harassment lawsuit and Clinton perjured himself and obstructed justice which is why the lying scumbag rapist was disbarred.

All because you think consensual sex between adults is any of your fucking business.

It wasn't about consensual sex it was about a sexual harassment lawsuit in which Clinton obstructed justice and perjured himself.

Yep that's his first amendment right, did he use the power of the state to fine the NFL? No, get educated, this is like shooting retarted fish in a barrel.
He used the power of the bully pulpit to call for the infringement of their 1st Amend Rights.

Again that is his 1st amendment right to do so, call me when fines are levied, incentives offered, or arrests made, and in the meantime brush up on your Con Law, this is undergraduate level buddy.
Just admit you ignorance and move on....

You are the one with a fundamental misunderstanding of the 1st amendment, there has been no state censorship or calls for state censorship, no fines have been imposed, no licenses rescinded, no legislation passed, and. no arrests made, you are a laughable hack that doesn't have even a undergraduates understanding of Con Law, you are the quintessential example of what is wrong with America's educational system.

Calling for their firing is Trumps 1st amendment right, again no fines have been imposed, no licenses rescinded, no legislation passed, and no arrests made, quite frankly you're a fucking idiot.

Calling for their firing is Trumps 1st amendment right, again no fines have been imposed, no licenses rescinded, no legislation passed, and no arrests made, quite frankly you're a fucking idiot.

Calling for their firing is Trumps 1st amendment right
If you weren't so stupid you would be hilarious.
First you lied and stated that trump never called for their firing.
When I proved you a liar now you want to backtrack and ignorantly claim that trump has a First Amendment Right to punish others for exercising their First Amendment Rights...

Yep that's his first amendment right, did he use the power of the state to fine the NFL? No, get educated, this is like shooting retarted fish in a barrel.
He used the power of the bully pulpit to call for the infringement of their 1st Amend Rights.

Again that is his 1st amendment right to do so, call me when fines are levied, incentives offered, or arrests made, and in the meantime brush up on your Con Law, this is undergraduate level buddy.

You are the one with a fundamental misunderstanding of the 1st amendment, there has been no state censorship or calls for state censorship, no fines have been imposed, no licenses rescinded, no legislation passed, and. no arrests made, you are a laughable hack that doesn't have even a undergraduates understanding of Con Law, you are the quintessential example of what is wrong with America's educational system.
Being that you are too stupid to realize the implications of a sitting President using his bully pulpit to call for the firing of citizen's exercising their Rights is a perfect example of the difference between education and intelligence.

You see, he, like so many typical Libs don't ever really have an answer to anything, they try to pretend they do but inwardly hate themselves and despise normal, healthy people for being smarter and better off than them. If you watch them, they never answer ANYTHING with anything other than condescension and sanctimonious bullshit and hide behind insults and name calling because they don't have ANYTHING else to offer. They have such inward feelings of inadequacy that they try to insult others into just going away and leaving so that they can be left alone in their misery thinking they actually won something. They are to be pitied.

You see, he, like so many typical Libs don't ever really have an answer to anything, they try to pretend they do but inwardly hate themselves and despise normal, healthy people for being smarter and better off than them. If you watch them, they never answer ANYTHING with anything other than condescension and sanctimonious bullshit and hide behind insults and name calling because they don't have ANYTHING else to offer. They have such inward feelings of inadequacy that they try to insult others into just going away and leaving so that they can be left alone in their misery thinking they actually won something. They are to be pitied.

Thanks for your manifesto...

Being that you are too stupid to realize the implications of a sitting President using his bully pulpit to call for the firing of citizen's exercising their Rights is a perfect example of the difference between education and intelligence.

Using the bully pulpit to exercise his 1st amendment right is not state censorship you fucking moron.

If you weren't so stupid you would be hilarious.
First you lied and stated that trump never called for their firing.

Never said that you lying faggot.

When I proved you a liar now you want to backtrack and ignorantly claim that trump has a First Amendment Right to punish others for exercising their First Amendment Rights...

He didn't punish anyone, no fines have been imposed, no licenses rescinded, no legislation signed, and no arrests made.

These players have to be among the stupidest people in human history and on multiple levels.
They protest against the symbols that represent their right to protest and they insult most of their customer base in the process.
Maybe it is the concussions?

It was a sexual harassment lawsuit and Clinton perjured himself and obstructed justice which is why the lying scumbag rapist was disbarred.

All because you think consensual sex between adults is any of your fucking business.

It wasn't about consensual sex it was about a sexual harassment lawsuit in which Clinton obstructed justice and perjured himself.
It was about Monica Lewinski. That was consensual sex between adults.

Those players are protesting civil injustices towards black men, as example...that the police have killed over the decades who were unarmed, or carrying a toy gun etc etc etc, yet none have ever been punished...they are not protesting our anthem and flag...

The First Amendment is why our President, the head of our government, should not get involved and in the middle of this, period. It's the government that is restricted by our first amendment right, not the private owners and the owners should be able to make their own decisions without the government's top dog President calling mother's of player's bitches and without the President recommending they be fired if they don't stand up and sing praise to our nation/ our government as our government head snaps his fingers and wants them to....

He needs to shut up, and butt out...
If this is the case, the players are doing a piss poor job of getting their message out.

People are not reacting to what they are protesting about, they are reacting to the method of protest.

If players want to protest, let them walk around the field holding picket signs before the national anthem. Hell, let them refuse to play!!

As for the players' so-called First Amendment right, that is, simply, not applicable. Owners do not have to allow them to protest. Fans can punish owners for not stopping it, and they can punish players for what they perceive as disrespect for the flag, for the country, and for its veterans.

You can say that the fans are misinterpreting the message all you want - the fact is that, if the players want to get THEIR message across, they need to find another way. Nobody is listening to what the players claim they are saying - they are only reacting to what they see the players do.

As for the President -- he represents the people, and he is telling the NFL what the people are saying. Problem is - they aren't listening.
So they can only protest in a manner that you approve of...lol.
Grow up asshole...

Your ignorance is only exceeded by your immaturity.

Nobody cares if they protest - people only care that the protest not disrespect the flag and the National Anthem.
But they are not disrespecting the flag or anthem or our country. They are kneeling in protest of a subject you should be protesting instead of haveing some pretend tissy fit.
It's not WHAT you protest ---- it's what you are PERCEIVED to be protesting.

No. The idea YOU think they protesting something is related to your ignorance, & stupidity.

The people protesting determine what they are protesting.

No, it was about perjury stemming from an investigation into a sexual harrassment pattern. The investigation was prompted by Clinton's AG, Janet Reno.

No, it was about perjury stemming from an investigation into a sexual harrassment pattern. The investigation was prompted by Clinton's AG, Janet Reno.

The supposed lie was about Lewinski. Try to at least pretend to be informed.

The supposed lie was about Lewinski. Try to at least pretend to be informed.
Which is what makes the perjury that much more disgusting. If the pathological liar could have come clean just once we wouldn't have had to deal with the entire impeachment issue.

Forum List

Back