Fussy Eaters

Chicken and waffles are dangerously high in "bad" carbs which most people dont realize is the most dangerous aspect about food.

View attachment 216696

That's a scary ingredient label, but not for the carbs so much as the Saturated Fat. Carbs will burn off.

Sixteen grams of sugar is probably not a lot compared to soft drinks and a lot of common stuff, but you have to wonder why chicken and waffles would have sugar in it at all.

I have to say, in general, "chicken" and "waffles" are not two things I would think work together.
You have to add the carbs to the sugar as carbs turn into sugar. Then you have to understand the long game. You are building an addiction to processed sugar which is probably the worst drug to ever have been created by man.

1406147164504.jpeg

Last year we made some of these with him and his older sister. He ate the strawberries after he dipped them all the way in the sugar bowl. Well, it's still a vitamin. No way he was trying that frosting shit.

This, and the high-strung aspect you mentioned, point to sugar addiction.

Eric Clapton was describing his addictive history (including alcohol and heroin). He said it started around I think it was age 11 with -------------- sugar. He would dip into the sugar bowl just as you described here, which is what made me think of it.

Unfortunately we're all bombarded with this nefarious drug in hundreds of ads we see every day.

1406147164504.jpeg

Last year we made some of these with him and his older sister. He ate the strawberries after he dipped them all the way in the sugar bowl. Well, it's still a vitamin. No way he was trying that frosting shit.

Eric Clapton was describing his addictive history (including alcohol and heroin). He said it started around I think it was age 11 with -------------- sugar. He would dip into the sugar bowl just as you described here, which is what made me think of it.

Unfortunately we're all bombarded with this nefarious drug in hundreds of ads we see every day.
I think I would have diabetes by now if I wasnt an athlete. I ate horribly as a young adult and was addicted to sugar.

I have a nephew around 6 years old who is EXTREMELY fussy about what he will eat. He would have rickets and scurvy and God knows what else if it weren't for chewable multivitamins.
Yesterday I stumbled on a dish from a restaurant menu that sounds fun, like it might be something he'd try. He does chicken nuggets and bread. Is everything better on a skewer?

Chicken Waffle Skewers

Freshly-made Beligan waffles and hand-battered chicken bites served with bourbon maple syrup and topped with garlic cream sauce and scallions

For a kid, I'd definitely skip the garlic cream sauce. I'm trying to picture how they pierce the waffles on the skewer--quartered, I imagine.
1800x1800_Chicken%20and%20Waffle%20Skewers%20Final%20No%20Copy.png

Along these lines, I guess, but I'd put more than one each on a skewer.

Think he'd try them? Can you think of a sneaky way to get a fruit or vegetable on there, too?

The kid has latent disease if this is the crap he craves and you better put him on a fast, clean him out, then purge the biomass in his intestines of bad bacteria and get him back on green leafy non-starchy vegetables. Once his appetite for real food recovers.

https://www.amazon.com/Mucusless-Diet-Healing-System-Scientific/dp/1884772005&tag=ff0d01-20
Bread and chicken are bad for you?

Look, I'm trying to do you a favor and straighten this kid out. Buy the book and read it. That kid has a serious disorder and I've studied this stuff in depth. Chicken and bread are NOT particularly good for you! But that's not the issue, his eating them, it is WHY he's eating them and the other stuff he craves and hates. No political BS here, this kid is off in a very bad way if he is not cured his eating disorder. His mental/behavioral and eating problems are tied together.

If you stop feeding him, eventually he'll get a pain or problem somewhere in his body (headache, stomach pain, etc.); wherever the pain or illness occurs, THAT IS WHERE his latent disease is. When people fast, they get ill not because of lack of food but because of elimination of the poisons accumulated with the body from undigested food. The tragedy of fasting is that most people never fast long enough to discover that once they eliminate that poison through their bloodstream, colon, etc., they immediately feel much better! They have eliminated waste and have cleaned their body.

Anyone can go on a three day fast, it is helped by preparation and proper fluids. All animals in nature understand this and any sick animal, the first thing they do is stop eating. Get the book, read it, write me privately, study other matters on the web concerning proper and improper bacterial biomass within the intestines and colon and how they determine health, diet, and appetite. Do nothing and this kid is in for a very bad way.

6 is a little late to develop healthy eating habits. The only thing that will work now is starvation and ostracism. .
He is EXTREMELY high strung. I have never seen the meltdowns that kid had by the time he was three. He's probably going to grow up a psychopath. But he's still gotta eat.

I'm not a special ed teacher, so this is NOT a diagnosis. I repeat: NOT a diagnosis. But sometimes kids who have frequent meltdowns and are also very averse to lots of foods have sensory processing disorders. I would have family look into this if he is also sensitive to other things like sound, touch, temperature, visuals and etc.

I am a teacher in elementary school and we see lots of kids with sensory issues. More all the time.

LOL
You men are totally unrealistic.

My mom was a fussy eater all her life. As a kid, they would not coddle her; she was forced to sit at the table 'til she ate what was on her plate, even if it took hours and was stone cold. So she grew up not wanting to eat much of anything but comfort foods. She didn't make that mistake with me. I ate whatever I wanted, and I grew up liking -- or at least being perfectly willing to try-- most anything.

Never force a kid to eat what they don't like. I asked my son to take a bite, try it. If he didn't like it, fair enough, but there was nothing else special made. If he really didn't like something, I just didn't make it again, or not very often. Sometimes kids change their minds.

I need some sneaky, manipulative good cooks here.

6 is a little late to develop healthy eating habits. The only thing that will work now is starvation and ostracism. .
He is EXTREMELY high strung. I have never seen the meltdowns that kid had by the time he was three. He's probably going to grow up a psychopath. But he's still gotta eat.

I'm not a special ed teacher, so this is NOT a diagnosis. I repeat: NOT a diagnosis. But sometimes kids who have frequent meltdowns and are also very averse to lots of foods have sensory processing disorders. I would have family look into this if he is also sensitive to other things like sound, touch, temperature, visuals and etc.

I am a teacher in elementary school and we see lots of kids with sensory issues. More all the time.
Yes, you're spot on, imo. That is what I've always suspected. The labels have to come out of his shirts, etc. Classic sensory processing disorder. The scion can have no diagnoses, though. That is how things go there. We just have to deal with it.

I recommend the "Bread and Jam for Frances" strategy.

Give him what he says he likes for every meal while everyone else is eating other things. Eventually, he'll give up and try what the rest of the family is enjoying.

Bread and Jam for Frances by Russell Hoban

1406147164504.jpeg

I think I would have diabetes by now if I wasnt an athlete. I ate horribly as a young adult and was addicted to sugar.
I no longer buy sweets to have in the house, and usually dessert is a piece of fruit. But if I do eat something sweet--even a candy bar--I will start craving sweets for days afterward. I still do it, there's no health reasons why I shouldn't and it's not something I do often, but when I do, I know I'm in for a few days of craving a big ole piece of pecan pie every afternoon. lol

Chicken and waffles are dangerously high in "bad" carbs which most people dont realize is the most dangerous aspect about food.

View attachment 216696

That's a scary ingredient label, but not for the carbs so much as the Saturated Fat. Carbs will burn off.

Sixteen grams of sugar is probably not a lot compared to soft drinks and a lot of common stuff, but you have to wonder why chicken and waffles would have sugar in it at all.

I have to say, in general, "chicken" and "waffles" are not two things I would think work together.

A local restaurant here makes a special chicken and waffle dish and when they have it, people just about line up out the door to get it. I thought it sounded disgusting too until hubby ordered it once. Make no mistake, it's heaven on a plate with the right syrup. I couldn't believe how good it was. Kinda like that sweet and savory addictive kinda thing.

I recommend the "Bread and Jam for Frances" strategy.

Give him what he says he likes for every meal while everyone else is eating other things. Eventually, he'll give up and try what the rest of the family is enjoying.

Bread and Jam for Frances by Russell Hoban
That was how I got my son to try liver and onions. I was so sure he wouldn't like it that I made that for me and made something else for him. He was NOT having that! He thought I was keeping the good stuff from him. So I gave him some and he liked it. lol

View attachment 216696

A local restaurant here makes a special chicken and waffle dish and when they have it, people just about line up out the door to get it. I thought it sounded disgusting too until hubby ordered it once. Make no mistake, it's heaven on a plate with the right syrup. I couldn't believe how good it was. Kinda like that sweet and savory addictive kinda thing.

Chicken and waffles are delish! We used to have a restaurant here in Oakland called "Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles". It was fabulous. It's now become a hip thing at some hipster places, but they are not nearly as good.

View attachment 216696

I agree. It's not easy to get fried chicken up here, but I've had some close approximations with the waffles and syrup, and it's GREAT.

Yes, you're spot on, imo. That is what I've always suspected. The labels have to come out of his shirts, etc. Classic sensory processing disorder. The scion can have no diagnoses, though. That is how things go there. We just have to deal with it.

Well that's too bad. We see this as well--parents who don't want the diagnosis ("the label") and what that really means is that their kids don't get the help they need. Because there is a lot that can be done to help him with sensory issues, including as he gets older, just helping him find words to explain how he feels, etc.

I don't know, the world seems mixed up to me. But I'm an Old Lady too probably. heh

View attachment 216696

You have to add the carbs to the sugar as carbs turn into sugar. Then you have to understand the long game. You are building an addiction to processed sugar which is probably the worst drug to ever have been created by man.
So what about squash? And sweet potatoes. Are those okay kinds of sugar?

View attachment 216696

So what about squash? And sweet potatoes. Are those okay kinds of sugar?

Sure. Those are natural sugars. What we mean by sugar poison is "refined" sugar or as the poster above puts it, 'processed' sugar.

I have a nephew around 6 years old who is EXTREMELY fussy about what he will eat. He would have rickets and scurvy and God knows what else if it weren't for chewable multivitamins.
Yesterday I stumbled on a dish from a restaurant menu that sounds fun, like it might be something he'd try. He does chicken nuggets and bread. Is everything better on a skewer?

Chicken Waffle Skewers

Freshly-made Beligan waffles and hand-battered chicken bites served with bourbon maple syrup and topped with garlic cream sauce and scallions

For a kid, I'd definitely skip the garlic cream sauce. I'm trying to picture how they pierce the waffles on the skewer--quartered, I imagine.
1800x1800_Chicken%20and%20Waffle%20Skewers%20Final%20No%20Copy.png

Along these lines, I guess, but I'd put more than one each on a skewer.

Think he'd try them? Can you think of a sneaky way to get a fruit or vegetable on there, too?

My ten year old nephew who has Asperger's is very picky. I think even he would eat this.

Forum List

Back