Fussy Eaters

OldLady

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2015
I have a nephew around 6 years old who is EXTREMELY fussy about what he will eat. He would have rickets and scurvy and God knows what else if it weren't for chewable multivitamins.
Yesterday I stumbled on a dish from a restaurant menu that sounds fun, like it might be something he'd try. He does chicken nuggets and bread. Is everything better on a skewer?

Chicken Waffle Skewers

Freshly-made Beligan waffles and hand-battered chicken bites served with bourbon maple syrup and topped with garlic cream sauce and scallions

For a kid, I'd definitely skip the garlic cream sauce. I'm trying to picture how they pierce the waffles on the skewer--quartered, I imagine.
1800x1800_Chicken%20and%20Waffle%20Skewers%20Final%20No%20Copy.png

Along these lines, I guess, but I'd put more than one each on a skewer.

Think he'd try them? Can you think of a sneaky way to get a fruit or vegetable on there, too?

I have a nephew around 6 years old who is EXTREMELY fussy about what he will eat. He would have rickets and scurvy and God knows what else if it weren't for chewable multivitamins.
Yesterday I stumbled on a dish from a restaurant menu that sounds fun, like it might be something he'd try. He does chicken nuggets and bread. Is everything better on a skewer?

Chicken Waffle Skewers

Freshly-made Beligan waffles and hand-battered chicken bites served with bourbon maple syrup and topped with garlic cream sauce and scallions

For a kid, I'd definitely skip the garlic cream sauce. I'm trying to picture how they pierce the waffles on the skewer--quartered, I imagine.

Think he'd try them? Can you think of a sneaky way to get a fruit or vegetable on there, too?

Put a healthy meal in front of him, and eventually he will get hungry enough to eat it.

Chicken Waffle Skewers

Put a healthy meal in front of him, and eventually he will get hungry enough to eat it.
Not my call. I think the kid's got issues--and it's a lot more than fussy eating.

Chicken Waffle Skewers

Try smoothies, use blueberries, yogurt, almond milk and you can hide spinach, kale and and other veggies into the mix.

1406147164504.jpeg

Last year we made some of these with him and his older sister. He ate the strawberries after he dipped them all the way in the sugar bowl. Well, it's still a vitamin. No way he was trying that frosting shit.

6 is a little late to develop healthy eating habits. The only thing that will work now is starvation and ostracism. .
He is EXTREMELY high strung. I have never seen the meltdowns that kid had by the time he was three. He's probably going to grow up a psychopath. But he's still gotta eat.

6 is a little late to develop healthy eating habits. The only thing that will work now is starvation and ostracism. .
He is EXTREMELY high strung. I have never seen the meltdowns that kid had by the time he was three. He's probably going to grow up a psychopath. But he's still gotta eat.
Let me guess. These meltdowns started at around 2-4 years of age and no one every addressed them.

Chicken Waffle Skewers

The kid has latent disease if this is the crap he craves and you better put him on a fast, clean him out, then purge the biomass in his intestines of bad bacteria and get him back on green leafy non-starchy vegetables. Once his appetite for real food recovers.

https://www.amazon.com/Mucusless-Diet-Healing-System-Scientific/dp/1884772005&tag=ff0d01-20

Let me guess. These meltdowns started at around 2-4 years of age and no one every addressed them.
Exactly.
But he's still gotta eat.

Chicken Waffle Skewers

The kid has latent disease if this is the crap he craves and you better put him on a fast, clean him out, then purge the biomass in his intestines of bad bacteria and get him back on green leafy non-starchy vegetables. Once his appetite for real food recovers.

https://www.amazon.com/Mucusless-Diet-Healing-System-Scientific/dp/1884772005&tag=ff0d01-20
Bread and chicken are bad for you?

Chicken Waffle Skewers

Bread is bad for you.Its loaded with carbs.

Chicken Waffle Skewers

You can always sneak in some "Superfood" powder, the stuff made from veggies and fruits and veggie protein. It has its taste (which is not great) but in small quantities it can be masked.

You could also churn up fruits into a smoothie. That's delicious.

Chicken Waffle Skewers

Growing children need carbs. For heavens sake, A.

Chicken Waffle Skewers

Not because of the carbs per se but because of the wheat.

Wheat (the crop) has been so perverted by commercial interests that it's nothing like what it used to be, and even then grasses are not natural for human consumption anyway. Contemporary wheat makes you fat. I swore off it for that reason.

I'm not much for waffles but I do like my pancakes and make them from gluten-free flour, and they're delicious.

Chicken Waffle Skewers

You can always sneak in some "Superfood" powder, the stuff made from veggies and fruits and veggie protein. It has its taste (which is not great) but in small quantities it can be masked.

You could also churn up fruits into a smoothie. That's delicious.
You know, his grandmother makes smoothies at least twice a day for herself, and I have never seen him touch one. I have a feeling he has long been wise to hiding stuff in your drink. But it could be the thickness, too. Or the flavor.

Chicken and waffles are dangerously high in "bad" carbs which most people dont realize is the most dangerous aspect about food.

View attachment 216696

That's a scary ingredient label, but not for the carbs so much as the Saturated Fat. Carbs will burn off.

Sixteen grams of sugar is probably not a lot compared to soft drinks and a lot of common stuff, but you have to wonder why chicken and waffles would have sugar in it at all.

I have to say, in general, "chicken" and "waffles" are not two things I would think work together.

Chicken Waffle Skewers

Growing children need carbs. For heavens sake, A.
Those carbs should come in the form of vegetables because carbs from vegetables take a much longer time to turn into sugar.

Chicken and waffles are dangerously high in "bad" carbs which most people dont realize is the most dangerous aspect about food.

View attachment 216696

That's a scary ingredient label, but not for the carbs so much as the Saturated Fat. Carbs will burn off.

Sixteen grams of sugar is probably not a lot compared to soft drinks and a lot of common stuff, but you have to wonder why chicken and waffles would have sugar in it at all.

I have to say, in general, "chicken" and "waffles" are not two things I would think work together.
Probably it's in the waffle batter. I've never heard of putting it in chicken breading.

Forum List

Back