(DO NOT USE!!)How to make Worcestershire Sauce

amrchaos

Pentheus torn apart
Nov 1, 2008
Miami
Sometimes, surfing the web does lead you to little nuggets of gold. Here, I think I found this "funny but true" recipe post ever.
How to make Worcestershire Sauce(Do not attempt this at home!!)
I gave the link to the website so you would know that I am not making this up!!

The recipe repeated comes from the website--as well as the review!!
Homemade Worcestershire Sauce Recipe

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 large sweet onions, roughly chopped
1/2 cup tamarind paste
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons minced ginger
2 jalapenos, seeds removed and minced
1/4 cup chopped canned anchovies
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 whole cloves
2 tablespoons freshly cracked black pepper

Note:The above part are ingredients that I do recognize in worcestershire sauce recipes, but the rest comes from gods knows where!!
1/2 cup dark corn syrup
1 cup molasses
3 cups white vinegar
1 cup dark beer
1/2 cup orange juice
2 cups water
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1 lime, thinly sliced

Orange Juice and anchovies in a recipe does not sound right to me--maybe it is another recipe--or is it!
Preparation:
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and saute the chopped sweet onion until soft, about 7 minutes. Add the tamarind paste, garlic, ginger, and jalapenos. Cook over medium-low heat for another 5 minutes. Add anchovies, tomato paste, cloves, pepper, corn syrup, molasses, white vinegar, dark beer, orange juice, water, lemon, and lime. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 3 hours until thickened enough to the back of a spoon.

Strain Worcestershire sauce into a glass bottle and refrigerate.

Yield: about 6 cups

OK--Sometimes unique sauces have unique combinations, right? I am sure this would make a great condiment and can make a home made dinner even more, well, Homly?

Ughhh!, April 19, 2008
By mdpete21

"This is not a recipe to be used with anything edible. I used it to stain the siding on my barn."
21 of 26 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
OH WELL--my search to make "edible" worcestershire sauce at home continues anew!!:eusa_think:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back