Fry cook Asked Obama-Why are my hours being Cut?-Follow-Up

Capitalism is the one and only real economic system. It isn't perfect and that's why it needs to be strongly regulated! Regulated so most of the country doesn't become ******* for the super rich!

One thing you can never escape is being a slave, either to work, wife, kids or parents, it's a fact of life.

You have the freedom to choose to marry and have kids and to devote your life to working for their well-being.

Your post is an idiotic argument in favor of submitting to bigger government.

It was a fact of life before the ACA.....

According to this Bureau of Labor Statistics report, "part-time workers made up 17 percent of all employed persons 16 years and older in 2007, about the same percentage as in the previous few years."

Here is the latest BLS employment situation: Employment Situation Summary
The number of persons employed part time for economic reasons (sometimes referred to as involuntary part-time workers) was little changed at 7.2 million in February. These individuals were working part time because their hours had been cut back or because they were unable to find full-time work.

Here is the employment situation from one year ago: Employment Situation News Release
The number of persons employed part time for economic reasons (sometimes referred to as involuntary part-time workers) fell by 350,000 over the month to 7.6 million. These individuals were working part time because their hours had been cut back or because they were unable to find a full-time job.

Two years ago: Employment Situation News Release

The number of persons employed part time for economic reasons (sometimes referred to as involuntary part-time workers) fell from 8.1 to 7.7 million over the month. These individuals were working part time because their hours had been cut back or because they were unable to find a full-time job.

Three years ago: Employment Situation News Release

The number of persons employed part time for economic reasons (sometimes referred to as involuntary part-time workers) was little changed in March, at 8.4 million. These individuals were working part time because their hours had been cut back or because they were unable to find a full-time job.

Four years ago: Employment Situation News Release

The number of persons working part time for economic reasons (sometimes referred to as involuntary part-time workers) increased to 9.1 million in March. These individuals were working part time because their hours had been cut back or because they were unable to find a full-time job.

From my last post, it is evident the number of part time workers has been declining over the past four years.

The number of long term unemployed has also been declining:

Mar 2014:
The number of long-term unemployed (those jobless for 27 weeks or more) increased by 203,000 in February to 3.8 million

Mar 2013:
In March, the number of long-term unemployed (those jobless for 27 weeks or more) was little changed at 4.6 million.

Mar 2012:
The number of long-term unemployed (those jobless for 27 weeks and over) was essentially unchanged at 5.3 million in March.

Mar 2011:
The number of long-term unemployed (those jobless for 27 weeks or more) was 6.1 million in March

Mar 2010:
The number of long-term unemployed (those jobless for 27 weeks and over) increased by 414,000 over the month to 6.5 million.

Last edited:
The number of discouraged workers has also been declining:

Mar 2014:
Among the marginally attached, there were 755,000 discouraged workers in February, down by 130,000 from a year earlier.

Mar 2013:
Among the marginally attached, there were 803,000 discouraged workers in March, little changed from a year earlier.

Mar 2012:
Among the marginally attached, there were 865,000 discouraged workers
in March, about the same as a year earlier.

Mar 2011:
Among the marginally attached, there were 921,000 discouraged workers in March, little changed from a year earlier.

Mar 2010:
Among the marginally attached, there were 1.0 million discouraged workers in March, up by 309,000 from a year earlier.

Last edited:
I don't get it serviced. I do it my damn self. Have you seen the damn prices they want per hour!? 70-90$ an hour! PFT!

So, try to follow the logic here.

The service station owner has to comply with all of the regulations, which drive up cost. Furthermore, since she has recently expanded her business she now hires a few more people. This makes her fall under the additional requirements of Obamacare, so she has to provide insurance for her employees. This drives up the cost even more.

And then a liberal, who pushes for all the regulations, doesn't even do his or her part in supporting the system and goes off and does the maintenance by themselves.

This forces the service station owner to contract her business, lay off workers, and drive up the unemployment rate.

Yeah...keep blaming those nasty business owners...that'll solve the problem.

ZOMG that is the all the proof that I needed to see to say that Obamacare was the job killer.

The labor force participation rate has also been declining. Unlike the other figures, this is not a good thing.

Mar 2014:
Both the civilian labor force participation rate (63.0 percent) and the employment-population ratio (58.8 percent) were unchanged in February.

Mar 2013:
The civilian labor force declined by 496,000 over the month, and the labor force participation rate decreased by 0.2 percentage point to 63.3 percent.

Mar 2012:
The civilian labor force participation rate (63.8 percent) and the employment-population ratio (58.5 percent) were little changed in March.

Mar 2011:
In March, the civilian labor force participation rate held at 64.2 percent, and the employment-population ratio, at 58.5 percent, changed little.

Mar 2010:
The civilian labor force participation rate (64.9 percent) and the employment-population ratio (58.6 percent) continued to edge up in March.

Why? Because his scum bag boss/owner is a cheap asshole who cares about no one but himself/herself and is lining their pockets from the profits of the business while that fry cook gets minimum wage and can't pay rent or bills.

How do you know he is lining his pockets with the profits?

Maybe the profits afford him the ability to support his family and live a modest lifestyle?

Maybe he is saving "just enough" to be able to retire without concern of outliving his money?

Or are you saying that he should have taken all the risks to start the business, and in return, not be able to save "just enough" to not worry about outliving his money....but instead, offer his employees more money?

You know, MOST business owners are NOT the top 1%.

An of those business owners, many, if not most, risked the little they had to start a business so they can retire without worrying about outliving their money...

And many of them succeeded....but never became the 1%....but instead are living modest lifestyles and living responsibly within their means so they can retire without outliving their money.

And you want to take some of it away from them and give it to their employees who took those jobs under their own free will and can leave anytime they want?

Is that what you are saying?

Anyone who has been in the workforce longer than Obama has been President knows that business owners sometimes have to cut back on their labor force.

There is sometimes a big difference between why a business is losing money, and what the owner publicly says is to blame. After all, you don't hear any bankers blaming themselves for crashing their banks into the ground at hypersonic speed.

I would take whatever public statements a business owner says about why he is cutting hours with a grain of salt. I certainly would take whatever an employee says with a grain of salt. They are even more disconnected from the real business reasons than the owner.

It is politically convenient to blame the current occupant of the White House for a shitty business environment.

The numbers indicate the claim that ObamaCare is causing more full time jobs to be converted to part time jobs is false.

Anyone who has been in the workforce longer than Obama has been President knows that business owners sometimes have to cut back on their labor force.

There is sometimes a big difference between why a business is losing money, and what the owner publicly says is to blame. After all, you don't hear any bankers blaming themselves for crashing their banks into the ground at hypersonic speed.

I would take whatever public statements a business owner says about why he is cutting hours with a grain of salt. I certainly would take whatever an employee says with a grain of salt. They are even more disconnected from the real business reasons than the owner.

It is politically convenient to blame the current occupant of the White House for a shitty business environment.

The numbers indicate the claim that ObamaCare is causing more full time jobs to be converted to part time jobs is false.

Of course it is false.

The business mandate has been delayed so at this point, no one needs to do anything staff wise.

I don't get it serviced. I do it my damn self. Have you seen the damn prices they want per hour!? 70-90$ an hour! PFT!

The service station owner has to comply with all of the regulations, which drive up cost. Furthermore, since she has recently expanded her business she now hires a few more people. This makes her fall under the additional requirements of Obamacare, so she has to provide insurance for her employees. This drives up the cost even more.

And then a liberal, who pushes for all the regulations, doesn't even do his or her part in supporting the system and goes off and does the maintenance by themselves.

This forces the service station owner to contract her business, lay off workers, and drive up the unemployment rate.

Because 1 person worked on their vehicle? LOL...not hardly and oh the reason the prices go up is because they want more money so they jack the prices up and then still only pay their workers very little. Perfect example is the idiot I had to take my truck to get my exhaust fixed because I couldn't get it off all the way he has 1 person working for him when he obviously has more than enough work for 2 or 3 people. So I had to wait forever to get my truck back for something that takes 30 minutes to fix.

Because 1 person worked on their vehicle? LOL...not hardly and oh the reason the prices go up is because they want more money so they jack the prices up and then still only pay their workers very little. Perfect example is the idiot I had to take my truck to get my exhaust fixed because I couldn't get it off all the way he has 1 person working for him when he obviously has more than enough work for 2 or 3 people. So I had to wait forever to get my truck back for something that takes 30 minutes to fix.

Why would you use him?
I am sure you wont go back next time.
He will lose business and likely go under.

Moral?

Demand for good service forces business owners to pay their employees fair salaries and hire the appropriate amount of people to meet the demand.

True story. It is how it works.

Why would you use him?

Moral?

Demand for good service forces business owners to pay their employees fair salaries and hire the appropriate amount of people to meet the demand.

Because the exhaust had come loose and was dragging and he was the closest guy to work on it.

Why would you use him?

Moral?

Because the exhaust had come loose and was dragging and he was the closest guy to work on it.

Arent you the one who said you did the work yourself on your truck?

Very few people have the resources to start their own business OR even find decent work right now.Just pay better wages and stop blaming your greed on the government making you pay for the healthcare of YOUR employees.

That's not the way capitalism works.

The government needs to get out of the way and allow you to succeed.

Talk about being in chains

-Geaux

Capitalism without government is evil, and will always exploit the most people the most possible way it can.

Why? Because his scum bag boss/owner is a cheap asshole who cares about no one but himself/herself and is lining their pockets from the profits of the business while that fry cook gets minimum wage and can't pay rent or bills.

Don't work for that employer. Increase your personal worth which in turn, increases wages.

The cream always rises to the top

-Geaux

Yep, everyone that isn't the crème to you is a ****** within your mind. :doubt:

Seriously, Matthew? Why do you suddenly go off like that some times? What exactly did he say that wasn't true?

Because the proprietor/owner/manager is cheap.

Sounds legit :cuckoo:

-Geaux

March 28, 2014, 7:02 a.m. EDT
Obamacare a bigger issue than minimum wage?
Cantor: Raising the minimum wage could have unintended consequences

On Jan. 31, a fry cook asked President Obama why his hours were being cut to part time because of Obamacare, and the President responded by saying he was pushing to raise the minimum wage.

This moment between the fry cook and the President reveals the entire reasoning of the Democratic Party’s push to raise the minimum wage. Rather than restore wages and hours lost by working middle-class Americans due to Obamacare, Democrats are hiding these losses behind a false debate about the minimum wage.

Obamacare a bigger issue than minimum wage? - MarketWatch

Did Obama tell him to curtail his cable and cell phone use?

How can so many people on this board know the financial shape of the owner? How do they know that cutting his hours is just because he is cheap and not to save his business? Fact is they don't. But I know few business men that are going to do something to hurt their business. So I am thinking he is saving his business, but I leave open the possibility he is a ahole.

Forum List

Back