From the files of "Okay...for the LAST TIME.."

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Dear coworkers...

When I scan a document for you I am making a photocopy of sorts. The file I give back to you will be an IMAGE. It is IMPOSSIBLE to scan a document so you'll be able to 'go back into' said document and edit the text. If you want the text edited, I'll have to use Photoshop and 'cut and paste' letters to form each word you want changed. Scanning your memo will NOT result in a word document. That is all.

-=d=- said:
Dear coworkers...

When I scan a document for you I am making a photocopy of sorts. The file I give back to you will be an IMAGE. It is IMPOSSIBLE to scan a document so you'll be able to 'go back into' said document and edit the text. If you want the text edited, I'll have to use Photoshop and 'cut and paste' letters to form each word you want changed. Scanning your memo will NOT result in a word document. That is all.

Funny, I used to edit scanned documents ( I know, ME proof read!!). You can't do that anymore?

-=d=- said:
Dear coworkers...

having one of those days Darin?

Jeeez - I'm having a total brain stall.

There are a couple of OCR (optical character recognition) programs on the market which will allow you to place a text document into a scanner. The program then converts the scanned image back into a text document.

I've used one, but can't remember the name. The only thing it really did well was to piss me off so bad I was crosseyed. It didn't work very well. Lots of mistakes and reformatting was a nightmare, if not a flat-out impossibility.

Basically, I was better off getting the document typed from scratch. Faster, more accurate and you can make changes much more quickly.

Forum List

Back