Frigid record shattering cold to hit US this week!!

Well now, President Obama, low 6500, inherited from the previous admin, high will probably be over 20,000 by 20Jan17. Now it will probably continue to rise for a while under Trump, but by the end of 2019, my prediction is that the markets will be in free fall, worse than 2008.

Damn, l looked at our forecast out to mid-December. Not even going to get any snow, and only one day of sub-freezing temperatures. Looks like Breibart and Drudge don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USOR0275:1:US
We just had one of the mildest Novembers I can remember (everything's relative). Glad to give the old furnace a bit of a respite, but it is winter in Maine. The cold weather had to get here sometime.
have you ever heard the phrase Indian Summer? Just asking. you should see what it means.
JC, again, my understanding is that changes in the jet stream and air currents due to temperature changes are causing frigid air from the Arctic to dip well into the lower 48, causing these unusual temps. The cold air is not staying in Canada and the northern US where it belongs. That is not because we are "cooling." Taking into account temps all over the globe, last year was the warmest on record. Now that doesn't mean (unfortunately) that Maine is going to get Miami temps. When it is -5 I sometimes mutter, "Global warming my ass," but I know better. It is the global, overall temps that matter, that are melting the arctic ice.
It is utter silliness, JC, to point to a cold week and say there's no global warming. That just shows you don't have any concept of what this is all about.
And I know ALL about Indian summer, which sometimes hits in late October, early November--temps at 70 or above after we've had killing frosts. It usually lasts a couple days. November here was consistently mild. It is usually below zero here by New Years, so there is nothing unusual about December here, at all.

Its cold as fuck outside! Good thing we have AGW or I would have froze when I stepped outside!

Is it painful to die in frost? And if the cold is that frosty in the US this winter, then do hospitals help unfreeze the homeless before they die?
Shelters will just let them sleep in blankets on the floor because they will be full up and out of beds all winter. That's how they do it.

Get your nut sack warmers out s0ns!!!

And the AGW alarmist wonder why nobody is caring about the science?:2up:

Record cold coming to ‘almost entire USA’ – Low temperature records set to be SHATTERED

Somebody recently posted up a thread about a recent month being "warmer"......those are vague terms used by alarmist to freak people out!! But "warmer" can mean a lot of things ( the alarmists always post up maps of hyper-red color :coffee: ). Closer inspection shows about 0.5 degree's!! LOL :deal:

100% certainty though.........when early December has people going to ball warmers, the "science" perception is "MEH" by the masses.:oops-28:

Just sayin'...................:party:

Who's not winning?!
In the south they just put a squirrel down their pants for nut warmers..

Its cold as fuck outside! Good thing we have AGW or I would have froze when I stepped outside!
Will you get snow, you think? The kids would like that for Christmas, wouldn't they?
We usually get it once or twice. We even got some last year and it didn't get this cold until end of January or something.
The kids love it. I love it the first few hours when we are playing in it. Then not so much lol

Yeah but this stuff has been happening for all of eternity.........not some new phenomena like the alarmists would like you to think.

You could throw out this general shit every year and make it look like doomsday. That's what the alarmists do...........make everyday shit look ominous. Only suckers fall for it............which isn't many. A distinct majority now view man-made global warming as false.

Democrats: From Temper Tantrum to Self-Delusion | RealClearPolitics
Swiss Re, one of the biggest re-insurance companies in the world. No temper tantrum here, just a determination to keep this nation a first world nation. The orange clown will do everything in his power to create a third world USA.

Obama and you alarmist libtards were the ones making the US a third world Country.. Trump is going to undo some of the damage
Your orange clown will have us in the same economic shape by 2019 as Bush had us in 2008. President Obama inherited an economy headed straight down. Clear down to 6500. And unemployment briefly hit 10%. Now the market is at 19,500, and unemployment at 4.5%. I am sure that the orange clown will do better than Bush at destroying the economy. And you in GOP will be so pleased to have created the Second Great Republican Depression.
96 million not counted in unemployment numbers. So tell the truth now. No more lies bubba! Forest fires are not caused by CO2 never ever never ever.

How old is smokie bear? How was he created?
Off topic, but that 96 million is mostly composed of retired workers, the disabled, students, and those incarcerated. And most of the rest are unskilled that chose not to become educated enough to be a valued worker. If an unskilled, uneducated worker can do it, a machine can do it faster and better.
Off topic, then why did you bring it up in here?

Damn, l looked at our forecast out to mid-December. Not even going to get any snow, and only one day of sub-freezing temperatures. Looks like Breibart and Drudge don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

We just had one of the mildest Novembers I can remember (everything's relative). Glad to give the old furnace a bit of a respite, but it is winter in Maine. The cold weather had to get here sometime.
have you ever heard the phrase Indian Summer? Just asking. you should see what it means.
JC, again, my understanding is that changes in the jet stream and air currents due to temperature changes are causing frigid air from the Arctic to dip well into the lower 48, causing these unusual temps. The cold air is not staying in Canada and the northern US where it belongs. That is not because we are "cooling." Taking into account temps all over the globe, last year was the warmest on record. Now that doesn't mean (unfortunately) that Maine is going to get Miami temps. When it is -5 I sometimes mutter, "Global warming my ass," but I know better. It is the global, overall temps that matter, that are melting the arctic ice.
It is utter silliness, JC, to point to a cold week and say there's no global warming. That just shows you don't have any concept of what this is all about.
And I know ALL about Indian summer, which sometimes hits in late October, early November--temps at 70 or above after we've had killing frosts. It usually lasts a couple days. November here was consistently mild. It is usually below zero here by New Years, so there is nothing unusual about December here, at all.
Indian summer has no stop time.

Where is the cold from was my question?

by the way, do you know why the jet stream does that?

Is it painful to die in frost? And if the cold is that frosty in the US this winter, then do hospitals help unfreeze the homeless before they die?
Shelters will just let them sleep in blankets on the floor because they will be full up and out of beds all winter. That's how they do it.
I wonder about those who can't get into the shelters or don't want to go to the shelter. I wonder how many hours it takes for them to actually freeze.

Well said, and here is the proof of that.

N_stddev_timeseries_thumb.png

Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis | Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag

Note that as we are getting hit by the polar vortex, the sea ice freezeup slows down. The cold polar air comes down here, and the warm temperate air goes up there. And, because of the decreasing amount of ice in the summer, the water is much warmer than it used to be. So, as it freezes it releases more heat into the atmosphere.

Indian summer has no stop time.

Where is the cold from was my question?

by the way, do you know why the jet stream does that?
Yes.

This global warming rubbish has become like a religion for their believers.

Fools.

This global warming rubbish has become like a religion for their believers.

Fools.
I love it. I plan to invest into carbon tax backed governKent bonds. Australia and New Zealand tried this, I think. Not as good and solid as sugar tax, but almost as good. Your take?

Note that as we are getting hit by the polar vortex, the sea ice freezeup slows down. The cold polar air comes down here, and the warm temperate air goes up there. And, because of the decreasing amount of ice in the summer, the water is much warmer than it used to be. So, as it freezes it releases more heat into the atmosphere.
So the arctic is cold? Hmmmm thought it was warm? How many days did you say it will be colder in your area ?

:poop::poop::poop:

Forum List

Back