Friday night news dump: Obama bypasses Congress, funds Palestinian Authority

neo-con nutters

a) Camp David did pretty well for Israel... far better than blowing up Iraq and destabilizing the mid-east did.

b) perhaps you need to be reminded about Camp David in 2000...

unsuccessful... b/c Arafat wouldn't sign on the dotted line.

c) Bush 2 tried to engage in a mid east peace process...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/29/world/middleeast/29mideast.html

failed...

instead he gave tons of cash to saudis who use the money to fund terrorists.

and i don't recall this president asking israel to take SCUDs.

just a few facts for the obama deranged neo-cons.

Last edited:
neo-con nutters

a) Camp David did pretty well for Israel... far better than blowing up Iraq and destabilizing the mid-east did.

failed...

I agree with most of what you say here, but a few things in defense of Republicans when they were still sane.

Yes, Bush-41 did ask Israel to grin and bear the scuds, but the Oslo Accords that followed the Persian Gulf war greately benefited Israel and even got the Palestinians to behave better.

Bush-43 also tried to negotiate in good faith.

My problem with this process has always been, we are caught in the middle over there because of our slavish devotion to Israel (to the point where we enable a lot of their bad behavior) and our insatiable lust for oil.

A two state solution would be in Israel's best interest for the same reason Camp David was. Because the costs of occupation are greatly higher than the costs of an agreement.

Classic "Give him an inch..." Bills of Impeachment coming soon. The LeftMedia, Al and Jessie will really have a reason for screaming "Racists" then! But that's exactly the reason Barry had JNap buy the hollow points for, keeping those feisty Congresscritters down.

neo-con nutters

failed...

I agree with most of what you say here, but a few things in defense of Republicans when they were still sane.

Yes, Bush-41 did ask Israel to grin and bear the scuds, but the Oslo Accords that followed the Persian Gulf war greately benefited Israel and even got the Palestinians to behave better.

Bush-43 also tried to negotiate in good faith.

My problem with this process has always been, we are caught in the middle over there because of our slavish devotion to Israel (to the point where we enable a lot of their bad behavior) and our insatiable lust for oil.

A two state solution would be in Israel's best interest for the same reason Camp David was. Because the costs of occupation are greatly higher than the costs of an agreement.

i guess SCUDs hitting Israel isnt't so big a deal if you don't live there or don't have friends and family there. *shrug*

a two state solution would have been good... you have to have a negotiating partner who acts in good faith.

you're not going to find that in Hamas... you've never found it in any representative of the PA.

Forum List

Back