French Muslims Speak Out - resent scrutiny after terrorist attack(s)

By Patrick J. McDonnell
January 18, 2015 6:00 am
Word that one of its native sons blasted his way into terrorist infamy has brought unwelcome scrutiny to La Grande Borne, a crime-ridden housing project in the gritty southern Paris suburb of Grigny.

"He hasn't lived here for 15 years," said Brahim Agouram, president of the Muslim Union of Grigny. "Why should the entire Muslim community have to answer for one person's crime?"

"No one here knew him [Coulibaly]," a waiter at a Turkish-style fast-food restaurant in Grigny told a group of visiting reporters. "And no one who knew him will admit to you that they knew him."

"If these guys really did what they said they did and killed those people, then they aren't true Muslims, and they deserve to rot in hell," said Abdel, 23, son of North African immigrants who was practicing his break-dance moves in the spacious confines of a former public funeral parlor converted into a community center in the edgy 19th arrondissement in northern Paris.

"But I still don't believe in caricaturing the prophet like that, any prophet, be it Muhammad or Jesus Christ," said Abdel, who like many others interviewed declined to give his surname for privacy reasons.​

... I guess a fuller picture of the realities on the ground will come out as time goes on. A couple of million Muslims live in France. What percentage of them condone and advocate terrorism?

Terrorism Pew Research Center - Part 2
Then they need to stand up on their hind legs and behave like human beings, denounce the scum that commit such crimes in the name of their so-called god, and prophet. Sometimes, silence more loudly proclaims their allegiance than a declaration of disgust...

They do. You guys keep ignoring it.

have they told you where murdering slut HAYAT is yet?

Which has zip to do with the discussion.

By Patrick J. McDonnell
Word that one of its native sons blasted his way into terrorist infamy has brought unwelcome scrutiny to La Grande Borne, a crime-ridden housing project in the gritty southern Paris suburb of Grigny.

"He hasn't lived here for 15 years," said Brahim Agouram, president of the Muslim Union of Grigny. "Why should the entire Muslim community have to answer for one person's crime?"

"No one here knew him [Coulibaly]," a waiter at a Turkish-style fast-food restaurant in Grigny told a group of visiting reporters. "And no one who knew him will admit to you that they knew him."

"If these guys really did what they said they did and killed those people, then they aren't true Muslims, and they deserve to rot in hell," said Abdel, 23, son of North African immigrants who was practicing his break-dance moves in the spacious confines of a former public funeral parlor converted into a community center in the edgy 19th arrondissement in northern Paris.

"But I still don't believe in caricaturing the prophet like that, any prophet, be it Muhammad or Jesus Christ," said Abdel, who like many others interviewed declined to give his surname for privacy reasons.​

... I guess a fuller picture of the realities on the ground will come out as time goes on. A couple of million Muslims live in France. What percentage of them condone and advocate terrorism?

Then they need to stand up on their hind legs and behave like human beings, denounce the scum that commit such crimes in the name of their so-called god, and prophet. Sometimes, silence more loudly proclaims their allegiance than a declaration of disgust...

Yeah, sure! I am not ignoring it, but they certainly are not very clear and adamant about their objections, are they?

Yes. They are.

In many of the countries surveyed, clear majorities of Muslims oppose violence in the name of Islam. Indeed, about three-quarters or more in Pakistan (89%), Indonesia (81%), Nigeria (78%) and Tunisia (77%), say suicide bombings or other acts of violence that target civilians are never justified.

Muslim Publics Share Concerns about Extremist Groups Pew Research Center s Global Attitudes Project
Dogpile brought up Pew Research Terrorism Pew Research Center - Part 2

You are too stupid to even realize the implications of the documents you submit. Nowhere does it say anything about French Muslims, and anybody who is honest can see how you cherrypicked what you did present.

Are you related to Coyote, somehow?

In the very material you listed, it indicated that only 51% had a negative opinion of the Taliban and only 45% rejected the terrorist group Hamas.
And you infer what from this – that if Islam were 'outlawed' terrorism would end; that if all Muslims were 'rounded up' and detained that no further acts of terror would occur.

Of course you'd not advocate any of the above.

So what is it you want – universal consensus that Islam is 'bad' and all Muslims 'potential terrorists.'

Perhaps you believe that if Islam were subject to some sort of public condemnation Muslims would stop being Muslims and the religion would eventually 'die out,' thus bringing an end to terrorism.

You hate Islam, we get it – but other than exhibiting your unwarranted fear and hatred of Islam, what else do you want done.
Maybe we should submit muslims to the same treatment they commit against Christians and other religions. Let's go...No more kurans, burn mosques, torture and murder all those claiming to be moslims...it's what they do?

By Patrick J. McDonnell

Yeah, sure! I am not ignoring it, but they certainly are not very clear and adamant about their objections, are they?

Yes. They are.
OK, I'd welcome some citations to support that.

By Patrick J. McDonnell

what difference does it make?-----it is the muslim community
based on the teachings of the mosque that PRODUCE THEM. Wherever the slut HAYAT landed----she can
help her fellow muslims by giving herself up. Osama
could have helped his fellows by giving himself up.
Pakistan could have helped muslims world wide---by giving
him up. Muslim girls world wide can help their fellows
by not celebrating terrorist acts. As to Percentage that
condone------would 10% be ok with you?. It would actually
be more than enough to keep them going. If 10% of Italian americans adored the Mafia-------the cops would not have
a chance against that organization
Translation:

“I have an unwarranted fear and hatred of Muslims.”
That's one of the most IGNORANT, STUPID, fucking MORONIC things I've ever read on this board. The SCALE of the fucking STUPIDITY in that statement is MIND BOBBLING.

You are a complete WASTE of human flesh.

English Translation: "I can't come up with a coherent rebutal".

OO7 's response does not seem like a rebuttal to me----it seems like a comment on the fact that the poster he answered posted a very rude and idiotic statement

By Patrick J. McDonnell

Yes. They are.

In multiple threads, multiple times I've provided citations and it's been duly ignored. I'm truly tired of doing it. If you google "muslims condemn violence" or some such, you will probably find the relevant citations.

By Patrick J. McDonnell

based on the teachings of the mosque that PRODUCE THEM. Wherever the slut HAYAT landed----she can
be more than enough to keep them going. If 10% of Italian americans adored the Mafia-------the cops would not have
Translation:

That's one of the most IGNORANT, STUPID, fucking MORONIC things I've ever read on this board. The SCALE of the fucking STUPIDITY in that statement is MIND BOBBLING.

OO7 's response does not seem like a rebuttal to me----it seems like a comment on the fact that the poster he answered posted a very rude and idiotic statement

I dunno. Seemed pretty incoherent to me.

In many of the countries surveyed, clear majorities of Muslims oppose violence in the name of Islam. Indeed, about three-quarters or more in Pakistan (89%), Indonesia (81%), Nigeria (78%) and Tunisia (77%), say suicide bombings or other acts of violence that target civilians are never justified.

Muslim Publics Share Concerns about Extremist Groups Pew Research Center s Global Attitudes Project

You are too stupid to even realize the implications of the documents you submit. Nowhere does it say anything about French Muslims, and anybody who is honest can see how you cherrypicked what you did present.

In the very material you listed, it indicated that only 51% had a negative opinion of the Taliban and only 45% rejected the terrorist group Hamas.
And you infer what from this – that if Islam were 'outlawed' terrorism would end; that if all Muslims were 'rounded up' and detained that no further acts of terror would occur.

So what is it you want – universal consensus that Islam is 'bad' and all Muslims 'potential terrorists.'

Perhaps you believe that if Islam were subject to some sort of public condemnation Muslims would stop being Muslims and the religion would eventually 'die out,' thus bringing an end to terrorism.

You hate Islam, we get it – but other than exhibiting your unwarranted fear and hatred of Islam, what else do you want done.
Maybe we should submit muslims to the same treatment they commit against Christians and other religions. Let's go...No more kurans, burn mosques, torture and murder all those claiming to be moslims...it's what they do?

Translation: let's torture innocent Muslims because religious extremists do horrible things.

Go team. Not.

The problem is that you are incredibly stupid, have somehow arrived at the conclusion that you must lie...
when liars get caught lying:
September 10, 2013

More than two years after the death of Osama bin Laden, concern about Islamic extremism remains widespread among Muslims from South Asia to the Middle East to sub-Saharan Africa. Across 11 Muslim publics surveyed by the Pew Research Center, a median of 67% say they are somewhat or very concerned about Islamic extremism. In five countries – Pakistan, Jordan, Tunisia, Turkey and Indonesia – Muslim worries about extremism have increased in the past year.

not impressed-----the doctor who gave Osama away is in Jail------anyone out there demonstrating for his release?.
There are lots of demonstrations for release of SUCCESSFUL MURDERERS.
The notion that the religion of Islam is 'responsible' for terrorism fails as a post hoc fallacy.

The notion that those who commit acts of terror who happen to be Muslim are representative of all Muslims, or that all Muslims 'support' terrorism, fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.

Consequently, the fear and hatred of all Islam, and all Muslims, is unwarranted and ignorant.

The problem is not Islam, the problem is those who misappropriate the tenets of the faith and seek to use those tenets as 'justification' for their criminal acts of terror; more Muslims have been victims of acts of terror than any other group, where the religion of Islam has also been a victim of terror – the unwarranted fear and hatred of Islam and Muslims demonstrated in this and other threads, and in this and other forums is proof of that.
And still, the silence of the majority of those who claim islaam as their guiding tenet THUNDERS!

Translation:

other than the fact the he wrote "mind bobbling" rather than "mind boggling" I found the statement completely coherent

The problem is that you are incredibly stupid, have somehow arrived at the conclusion that you must lie...
September 10, 2013

More than two years after the death of Osama bin Laden, concern about Islamic extremism remains widespread among Muslims from South Asia to the Middle East to sub-Saharan Africa. Across 11 Muslim publics surveyed by the Pew Research Center, a median of 67% say they are somewhat or very concerned about Islamic extremism. In five countries – Pakistan, Jordan, Tunisia, Turkey and Indonesia – Muslim worries about extremism have increased in the past year.

not impressed-----the doctor who gave Osama away is in Jail------anyone out there demonstrating for his release?.
The notion that the religion of Islam is 'responsible' for terrorism fails as a post hoc fallacy.

The notion that those who commit acts of terror who happen to be Muslim are representative of all Muslims, or that all Muslims 'support' terrorism, fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.

Consequently, the fear and hatred of all Islam, and all Muslims, is unwarranted and ignorant.

The problem is not Islam, the problem is those who misappropriate the tenets of the faith and seek to use those tenets as 'justification' for their criminal acts of terror; more Muslims have been victims of acts of terror than any other group, where the religion of Islam has also been a victim of terror – the unwarranted fear and hatred of Islam and Muslims demonstrated in this and other threads, and in this and other forums is proof of that.
And still, the silence of the majority of those who claim islaam as their guiding tenet THUNDERS!

What silence?

Translation:

other than the fact the he wrote "mind bobbling" rather than "mind boggling" I found the statement completely coherent

Well, like attracts like I suppose...

Yes. They are.

In multiple threads, multiple times I've provided citations and it's been duly ignored. I'm truly tired of doing it. If you google "muslims condemn violence" or some such, you will probably find the relevant citations.
Yeah, yeah...multiple threads, multiple times...and yet when requested, you are still incapable of providing anything substantive to someone who may not have followed your previous citations. Are you so uncommitted or lazy that you refuse to support your own contentions?
Muslims who will not speak out loudly and vociferously against animals who commit such acts as murder, torture, and abuse in the name of their god are either abject cowards or they condone such acts.

September 10, 2013

What silence?
Do you understand "silence"?

Translation: let's torture innocent Muslims because religious extremists do horrible things.

Go team. Not.

I believe that dog suggested a WHAT IF------for muslims who do support the filth of shariah. You just did not get it.
The real issue is shariah and the legalization of "JIHAD"

Yes. They are.

Yeah, yeah...multiple threads, multiple times...and yet when requested, you are still incapable of providing anything substantive to someone who may not have followed your previous citations. Are you so uncommitted or lazy that you refuse to support your own contentions?
Muslims who will not speak out loudly and vociferously against animals who commit such acts as murder, torture, and abuse in the name of their god are either abject cowards or they condone such acts.

No. Google it. It's easy to find. I am no longer endlessly providing the same material over and over and over. Would you, in my place? I doubt it.

Go team. Not.

I believe that dog suggested a WHAT IF------for muslims who do support the filth of shariah. You just did not get it.

What legalization?

Go team. Not.

What legalization?
that one poster comes across as a real :cuckoo: I s she that way about other subjects or just Islam?

Go team. Not.

What legalization?

In shariah law------a negative comment on muhummad or the Koran is a CAPITAL CRIME if uttered by a non muslim. A negative comment about any other religion or scriptural writing is PERFECTLY OK and even taught in mosques and muslim schools.-------Shariah law is taken as a UNIVERSAL correct law for the world by pious muslims by the millions. That fact ensures murders by muslims against non muslims ----it is LEGAL according to shariah law. Even when a murder of a non muslim by a muslim is tried in a
shariah court-----a valid defense is "he cursed muhummad",
This fact does not make all muslims terrorists-----it simply
renders murder by muslims of non muslims MORE LIKELY

Go team. Not.

What legalization?
that one poster comes across as a real :cuckoo: I s she that way about other subjects or just Islam?

you should try to be more specific. "that one poster"
and "comes across" is meaningless

Forum List

Back