Free Trade is Bad For Western Countries

Mac-7

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2019

Global trade is a hot topic of the G7 summit in Canada. Is free trade truly free - and fair? What roles do US President Trump, economic powerhouse China, and the EU play in global trade?

the debate over globalism is not just an American issue

The US is in an awkward place,as are the majority of Westen nations. Free trade will see a levelling up in the developing world alongside a levelling down in the West. Trump is the King of Random Tariffs and has placed the US in opposition to free trade.

The US is in an awkward place,as are the majority of Westen nations. Free trade will see a levelling up in the developing world alongside a levelling down in the West. Trump is the King of Random Tariffs and has placed the US in opposition to free trade.
Why should American or Brits accept a lower standard of living?

This documentary is only 42 minutes long

somewhere near the end it talks about the harm that free trade is doing to Africa without protectionism

Global trade is a hot topic of the G7 summit in Canada. Is free trade truly free - and fair? What roles do US President Trump, economic powerhouse China, and the EU play in global trade?

How leftist of you.

This is the same argument the left has made for decades.

Commie.

Have they, though? So many seem to enjoy things...gadgets and small and large appliances and just about everything, at a much lower price.... so consumption or ''sales'' or buying power, has increased for the many....

so they say...?

Was it a Trade Off?

I truly don't know? :(

"Free Trade" has really benefited China on many levels. So, it seems for the most part we are transferring our
wealth to another powerhouse in China. They will be the number one economy in the foreseeable future.
Are they willing to give up their wealth to promote 'leveling up' to countries with lesser economies?
I kind of doubt that.

Frankly, China is not our friend, and a dangerous country globally speaking.

Have they, though? So many seem to enjoy things...gadgets and small and large appliances and just about everything, at a much lower price.... so consumption or ''sales'' or buying power, has increased for the many....

so they say...?

Was it a Trade Off?

Thought you were against slavery. So you’re not huh?

"Free Trade" has really benefited China on many levels. So, it seems for the most part we are transferring our
wealth to another powerhouse in China. They will be the number one economy in the foreseeable future.
Are they willing to give up their wealth to promote 'leveling up' to countries with lesser economies?
I kind of doubt that.

Frankly, China is not our friend, and a dangerous country globally speaking.
Well, we were sold by the powers at the time, mostly on the right wing at the initiation but some Democrats too, that trading with China would cost us less than warring with them....

we were sold a bill of goods that if the Chinese people working these factories got a taste of money and capitalism and higher incomes than what they were making and surviving on before the westernized world trading with them, that they would choose capitalism over communism and revolt against their Communist leaders....

And we were told at the time, this would also, help greatly with improving the deplorable human rights issues the Chinese people had to endure.....

No warning on how it would wipe out our manufacturing in the USA..... :(

We have already accepted it. People will not pay a penny more for a locally made product.

I am not responsible for what lefties think or say

being anti globalist and pro American is the sensible and conservative position

so they say...?

Was it a Trade Off?

It was a poor trade off for American workers outside of Wall St investors

and I have not against capitalist investors per se

but moving blue collar jobs to china and mexico has hurt American workers, who are far more numerous than Wall St bankers or corporate CEOs

so they say...?

Was it a Trade Off?

Thought you were against slavery. So you’re not huh?
Globalists expect Americans to work for the same low wages as asian workers

We have already accepted it. People will not pay a penny more for a locally made product.
You really are uniformed

We have already accepted it.
Speak for yourself

I want MY country to be strong and economically sound
Nobody else will make that sacrifice. People want, and need, cheap to sustain their lifestyle. We could sink the Chinese economy in a couple of weeks if the will was there. It isnt there.
Someday your grandson may pull a rickshaw with a fat chinese tourist to the local whorehouse where the English girls work

We have already accepted it.
Speak for yourself

I want MY country to be strong and economically sound
Nobody else will make that sacrifice. People want, and need, cheap to sustain their lifestyle. We could sink the Chinese economy in a couple of weeks if the will was there. It isnt there.
Someday your grandson may pull a rickshaw with a fat chinese tourist to the local whorehouse where the English girls work
I am sorry that you are not able to deal with reality.

They are not. The trade is fair but it's the subsidies which say farmers get, which are distorting the real cost of production.
Sometimes to meet trade prices the product is sold below the COP and the taxpayers picks up the tab.

Forum List

Back