Free Trade is Bad For Western Countries

My friend works for Bentley the car makers. They are working flat out to meet demand from chinese buyers who cant get enough of their cars. He reckons that they are keeping this firm going.

Obviously they would not be able to buy these cars if their economy hadnt levelled up
Bentley is a status symbol

One if the few western products that the chinese cant clone

The ultra rich chinese want to impress other people by showing off their wealth

But the money to buy that bentley ultimately comes from western countries including the UK

As you lose market share of other products such as solar panels or electric cars - practically everything that euros need for their daily existence - the balance of wealth and standard of living will shift ever more to china and away from you
Maybe we need to work harder or build better stuff. ?
I used to drive Ford but moved over to Japanese cars years ago. You got so much fitted as standard that were extras in Fords. It was no big Japanese conspiracy , Ford should have tried harder.

Maybe we need to work harder or build better stuff. ?
I used to drive Ford but moved over to Japanese cars years ago. You got so much fitted as standard that were extras in Fords. It was no big Japanese conspiracy , Ford should have tried harder.
The chinese don't build better stuff

In fact their quality is often horrible

But they do build it cheap thanks to slave wages, bad working conditions, no environmental standards, and government subsidies

You are for all of that right?

$2 an hour for british factory workers, no worker safety standards, coal fired power plants without even scrubbers on the smoke stacks.

You are for all of that, right?

They say a rising tide lifts all boats. The leftist idea is to punch holes in the boats that can float so everyone will be equal down at the bottom of the ocean.

Forum List

Back