Free speech covers religious speech.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Umm Shattered dear,
This actually was the last thing he said about you...
CLICK HERE

No, the "misguided allegiance to a woman" is the last thing he said about me, inferring that the only reason *anyone* might have agreed with *anything* I'd said, or the reason the other thread was locked, and we were in this one was because...(well, you know the rest)

Shattered said:
No, the "misguided allegiance to a woman" is the last thing he said about me, inferring that the only reason *anyone* might have agreed with *anything* I'd said, or the reason the other thread was locked, and we were in this one was because...(well, you know the rest)

Again, you are mistaken. The post joker linked to was the most recent.

Shattered said:
Then why can one not converse with you without being called everything under the sun, and then having you state in no uncertain terms that I'm the board whore, and the only reason anyone would dare post against you would be to get a "piece" of me?

In one place, you apologize for some of the things you said.. Not 4 statements later, you chalk it up to mistakes over "misguided allegiance to a woman", again, implying something that's simply not true...

Hey. You went the heck off because said atheists had pushed our society to the point where people villify even discussing religion. You freaked out on that. Why? It's true.

You're not as calm as your portray.

freeandfun1 said:
Again, you are mistaken. The post joker linked to was the most recent.

#141 is his apology. #144 is the "misguided allegiance to a woman" crack.

freeandfun1 said:
But his point is valid. I know people that have gotten into fights at work over football teams. Where do you draw the line?
First, fire both of the idiots. They're the reason there are bans on dipping your wanker in your own gene pool. As far as where to draw the line, how about where the employer says it is?

MissileMan said:
If you can't understand, or refuse to acknowledge the potential divisive difference between religion and snacks, you aren't worth arguing with any further.

Anything is potentially devisive. What it really comes down to is this "how immature, squeamish, and intolerant are your employess?" It's just a function of an oversensitized society. This is the line thrown down, MM. You atheist MoFos will no longer be allowed to baselessly villainize religious speech. How about growing up and learning this word: tolerance.

Shattered said:

Well, when I read that, I never assumed it referred to you. I still am not sure how you surmise that it does. Does it? Possibly. But it doesn't say, ""misguided allegiance to a Shattered". Maybe there is more going on in the background than I understand.

If he was referring to you at that point, then you have my apologies.

Shattered said:
My bad... I tried to keep the peace. I'll just duck outta this one and hope
for the best. Staying kind to eachother is one of the first steps in
resolving differences.

MissileMan said:
First, fire both of the idiots. They're the reason there are bans on dipping your wanker in your own gene pool. As far as where to draw the line, how about where the employer says it is?

You can't leave out the rest of my post and reply adequately.

At one point you said that company policy should prevent this or be sued. I laid out examples of how the employer cannot always protect themselves.

freeandfun1 said:
Well, when I read that, I never assumed it referred to you. I still am not sure how you surmise that it does. Does it? Possibly. But it doesn't say, ""misguided allegiance to a Shattered". Maybe there is more going on in the background than I understand.

You've missed all the 2-bit whore, shattered tit milk, closing the thread due to something just as vulgar, if not worse comments of his, and you *honestly* believe that comment was not directed at me?

Ask him. If he tells you no, he's lying. There is no other female on this thread other than Said, and she pretty much agrees with most of what he said as far as I can tell.

freeandfun1 said:
You can't leave out the rest of my post and reply adequately.

At one point you said that company policy should prevent this or be sued. I laid out examples of how the employer cannot always protect themselves.
I think you edited your post in the middle of my reply...

Shattered said:
You've missed all the 2-bit whore, shattered tit milk, closing the thread due to something just as vulgar, if not worse comments of his, and you *honestly* believe that comment was not directed at me?

Ask him. If he tells you no, he's lying. There is no other female on this thread other than Said, and she pretty much agrees with most of what he said as far as I can tell.

Oh yeah. THose were all funny, at the time. I'm sorry, baby. Don't be mad at daddy, he's been drinkin' again!

Shattered said:

As I said -

Can you accept that or not?

rtwngAvngr said:
Oh yeah. THose were all funny, at the time. I'm sorry, baby. Don't be mad at daddy, he's been drinkin' again!

Like I said, you're a sick, disgusting, and purely revolting "person". In fact, I don't believe you're the least bit Christian at all, because your behavior would be unacceptable by any standards. I think your entire life as you portray yourself is a lie.

Shattered said:
Like I said, you're a sick, disgusting, and purely revolting "person". In fact, I don't believe you're the least bit Christian at all, because your behavior would be unacceptable by any standards. I think your entire life as you portray yourself is a lie.

I'm a big loser who sits on the internet all day and smokes dope. If you had grandiose notions of me, it's purely due to my undeniable wit and charm!

Apology accepted.

freeandfun1 said:
But his point is valid. I know people that have gotten into fights at work over football teams. Where do you draw the line?

I think that is all he is getting at. I agree with you on the point that if anything becomes divisive, it needs to be stopped. But you can't write a company policy based on "anything". What if two employees don't agree with marketing or sales methods, or how to handle customers? There are too many things that can be divisive. How does an employer protect against them all? They can't. Hence the debate here.

There are certain subjects we know for a fact are divisive; religion, politics, gay rights, race, etc. No, you can't right a policy that will cover every single thing, and I would hope an employer wouldn't be sued for injuries derived from an argument about twinkies. Again, it's a matter of common sense and reasonability.

MissileMan said:
There are certain subjects we know for a fact are divisive; religion, politics, gay rights, race, etc. No, you can't right a policy that will cover every single thing, and I would hope an employer wouldn't be sued for injuries derived from an argument about twinkies. Again, it's a matter of common sense and reasonability.

Religion is only divisive for the immature.

Which is it, is it up to the employer, or do you want a blanket federal policy against any religious discussion. YOu seem to be of two minds. Two minds, yet half the iq. Get yourself straightened out.

MissileMan said:

No arguments there, I think all we have been getting at is that - especially today - there are soooo many things that can be divisive in the workplace. Our culture has become so diverse (therefore, naturally diversive), that there are bound to be very divisive discussions about things that you and I would just sit there and go "huh" about, but that are very important to those arguing over them.

For example, I was at a sales meeting once and the reps from Korea and Japan got into an argument about who first came up with celedon pottery. The Japanese guy was talking about how wonderful their pottery is and the Korea said, "yeah, cuz you stole all our artisans, your pottery is really ours". They actually got into a heated argument - over pottery! We all thought they were nuts, but to them, it was an important matter.

Crzy I know....

Forum List

Back