Free speech covers religious speech.

MissileMan's concern isn't workplace harmony, it's suppressing religion. He's a supressor.

rtwngAvngr said:
Not really. MissileMan is claiming a right where none exists. You do not have a right NOT to hear speech which you deem offensive due to an intolerance. Just because employers have been bullied around by lawyers and whiny libs doesn't mean their cause is actually legally defensible.
but jsut like sexual harassement, whats offensive to me might not be offensive to you. its not how you say it, its how its interpretated

Johnney said:
but jsut like sexual harassement, whats offensive to me might not be offensive to you. its not how you say it, its how its interpretated

but if you don't say it it can't be miss interpreted...and most people know where the line is but push it just for fun....uhhhhh guilty as charged

manu1959 said:
but if you don't say it it can't be miss interpreted...and most people know where the line is but push it just for fun....uhhhhh guilty as charged
and someone would have to have the responsibility to say to the other that they are offended and do not wish to hear it anymore.

Johnney said:
and someone would have to have the responsibility to say to the other that they are offended and do not wish to hear it anymore.

they would ...but surley you can agree that walking up to someone and telling them to fuck off or grabing some women or man in your office is bad form

manu1959 said:
they would ...but surley you can agree that walking up to someone and telling them to fuck off or grabing some women or man in your office is bad form
well that it is. and i have to side with Shattered on the matter of religion in the work place. theres a time and place for everything. and theres something called tact when talking to people too. which is something ive seen very little of in the few threads that have to deal with this subject. disrespecting each other because you have different views on this subject, acting like a bunch of little kids is what it looked like. you guys need to apologize to each other.

Johnney said:
well that it is. and i have to side with Shattered on the matter of religion in the work place. theres a time and place for everything. and theres something called tact when talking to people too. which is something ive seen very little of in the few threads that have to deal with this subject. disrespecting each other because you have different views on this subject, acting like a bunch of little kids is what it looked like. you guys need to apologize to each other.

no idea what you are talking about

Johnney said:

Again, there is a difference between conversion and conversation, what's the big deal?

Said1 said:
Again, there is a difference between conversion and conversation, what's the big deal?
theres also a difference between debating something and persoanl attacks

Johnney said:
sorry, should have noted that there were a handful of people doing that, it doenst apply to everyone

no worries...just scanned through the thread...free speach vs fredom of religion vs church and state....live and let live i always say....if i don't like you or what you are saying i say so and walk away :bye1:

manu1959 said:
no worries...just scanned through the thread...free speach vs fredom of religion vs church and state....live and let live i always say....if i don't like you or what you are saying i say so and walk away :bye1:

I'm the same, although I start getting my back up when people start telling me what I can and can't say while at work. I'm pretty level headed, and can decide for myself. The one odd ball who needs people to walk on eggshells creates a hostile environment for themselves - they need to go.

Said1 said:
I'm the same, although I start getting my back up when people start telling me what I can and can't say while at work. I'm pretty level headed, and can decide for myself. The one odd ball who needs people to walk on eggshells creates a hostile environment for themselves - they need to go.

i agree again...i love to test the type of people you describe though....actually thats not true ...i like to mess with pretty much anyone with a thin skin..they just freak

manu1959 said:
i agree again...i love to test the type of people you describe though....actually thats not true ...i like to mess with pretty much anyone with a thin skin..they just freak

I don't know WHAT you're talking about. Really, I have no clue. :smoke:

Forum List

Back