Fox

Monday
11:18 a.m.*: Breitbart posts Sherrod video, calls her "racist," claims "Context is everything."

Fox News amplifies Breitbart's deceptively edited video

12:13 p.m.: Hoft runs with Breitbart video.

12:55 p.m.: HotAir's Morrissey: "Breitbart hits NAACP with promised video of racism."

1:40 p.m. (approximately): Fox Nation accuses Sherrod of "discrimination caught on tape" before she resigned.

1:49 p.m.: Ace of Spades picks up Sherrod story, calls it an example of "your government, working for you."

3:31 p.m.: Elizabeth Scalia of the blog The Anchoress raises questions about the editing of Breitbart's video.

4:01 p.m. Ace of Spades reports that CBS' NYC affiliate picked up Sherrod story, declares, "Breitbart gets results."

4:28 p.m. (approximately): Sherrod story hits Drudge.

4:50 p.m.: Breitbart tweets to Media Matters: "Tomorrow's gonna be a long day."

7:51 p.m.*: Big Government links to a FoxNews.com article reporting that Sherrod had resigned and USDA repudiated her remarks.

8:21 p.m.: Allahpundit questions the video's editing, but says he will "assume Breitbart's edit is fair to the spirit of her remarks."

8:50 p.m.: O'Reilly airs Breitbart's Sherrod video

9:04 p.m.: "Fox News Alert": Hannity reports that Sherrod has resigned and discusses the inciident with Gingrich.
Alvin McEwen: Timeline of Sherrod Debacle Reveals Disturbing Coordination Between Fox News and Bloggers

Sky Dancer, go to Media Matters timeline, the one referenced at Huffington. You'll find that Fox 'posts' reports, does not air them. They actually made that clear, later. Posting is on their website, airing is on air. ;)

Thanks for the rep, we don't need to agree, but it's good to listen to each other.

Monday
11:18 a.m.*: Breitbart posts Sherrod video, calls her "racist," claims "Context is everything."

Fox News amplifies Breitbart's deceptively edited video

12:13 p.m.: Hoft runs with Breitbart video.

12:55 p.m.: HotAir's Morrissey: "Breitbart hits NAACP with promised video of racism."

1:40 p.m. (approximately): Fox Nation accuses Sherrod of "discrimination caught on tape" before she resigned.

1:49 p.m.: Ace of Spades picks up Sherrod story, calls it an example of "your government, working for you."

3:31 p.m.: Elizabeth Scalia of the blog The Anchoress raises questions about the editing of Breitbart's video.

4:01 p.m. Ace of Spades reports that CBS' NYC affiliate picked up Sherrod story, declares, "Breitbart gets results."

4:28 p.m. (approximately): Sherrod story hits Drudge.

4:50 p.m.: Breitbart tweets to Media Matters: "Tomorrow's gonna be a long day."

7:51 p.m.*: Big Government links to a FoxNews.com article reporting that Sherrod had resigned and USDA repudiated her remarks.

8:21 p.m.: Allahpundit questions the video's editing, but says he will "assume Breitbart's edit is fair to the spirit of her remarks."

8:50 p.m.: O'Reilly airs Breitbart's Sherrod video

9:04 p.m.: "Fox News Alert": Hannity reports that Sherrod has resigned and discusses the inciident with Gingrich.
Alvin McEwen: Timeline of Sherrod Debacle Reveals Disturbing Coordination Between Fox News and Bloggers

Sky Dancer, go to Media Matters timeline, the one referenced at Huffington. You'll find that Fox 'posts' reports, does not air them. They actually made that clear, later. Posting is on their website, airing is on air. ;)

Thanks for the rep, we don't need to agree, but it's good to listen to each other.

You're correct. FOX reported it on line. Nonetheless they claimed they didn't report it until after Sherrod resigned.

They have many outlets. The web is one of them. FOX Nation is part of FOX.

FOX?

washingtonpost.com

...But for all the chatter -- some of it from Sherrod herself -- that she was done in by Fox News, the network didn't touch the story until her forced resignation was made public Monday evening, with the exception of brief comments by O'Reilly. After a news meeting Monday afternoon, an e-mail directive was sent to the news staff in which Fox Senior Vice President Michael Clemente said: "Let's take our time and get the facts straight on this story. Can we get confirmation and comments from Sherrod before going on-air. Let's make sure we do this right."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/26/b...tml?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss&pagewanted=print

...Swift Boat, the shorthand for the coordinated attack on John Kerry in his 2004 presidential bid, looks like a slow boat indeed compared with the speeding bullet that took out Ms. Sherrod. After the video was published last Monday by Mr. Breitbart on the Web, she was asked to resign before the cable news channels had broadcast a word about the tape. It was a coup for what Mr. Breitbart calls the “undermedia.”...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/26/business/media/26race.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

...Michael Clemente, the senior vice president for Fox News, said in a statement on Sunday, “As we said this past week, some people, such as the failed candidate Dean, reflexively blame Fox for almost anything.”

Fox’s newscasts did not cover the edited Sherrod video last Monday, nor did Mr. Beck, but the opinion host Bill O’Reilly did call on her to resign.

She resigned between the time Mr. O’Reilly taped his show and when that show was broadcast.

looks like it will be ignored and the wash post and NYT must be FNC dupes also
:lol:

Can someone please point me to where Fox or Andrew Breitbart fired Shirley Sherrod? I seem to be unable to find where they do that.

first off, i never made the claim that is WAS auto, i said that if looks like it is

and, can you prove that it was at the time it was LIVE aired that that was added or was it added during the recording phase?
and even still, that would be before 9 pm
and since we KNOW it was announce shortly after the foxnews.com post that was shown to be around 5 pm, it couldn't have been after 9

How much FOX do you watch? Why are you always defending them? They make mistakes.

No problem.
not as much as some libs do it seems
and yes, they DO make mistakes, a lot of them
like every other 24/7 news channels
but it seems only the FNC mistakes mean anything
Sorry if I've gotten you mixed up with another poster but some people think I don't watch enough FOX, lol.

How much FOX do you watch? Why are you always defending them? They make mistakes.

No problem.
not as much as some libs do it seems
and yes, they DO make mistakes, a lot of them
like every other 24/7 news channels
but it seems only the FNC mistakes mean anything
Sorry if I've gotten you mixed up with another poster but some people think I don't watch enough FOX, lol.
well, you have said you dont watch ANY
so that speaks volumes

TheRealStoryCO.gif

So, you are saying that Fox is making up news in which to pimp disaster and fear by posting this cartoon?

Show your evidence. I'm sure thousands would love to sue them and shut them down with that and will pay you handsomely for it.

So, did Foxnews report the doctored/edited ACORN tapes only AFTER the government took action against ACORN (unjustly).

Of course not. They ran with them and hammered on ACORN from day one.

And of course they would have run with the edited Sherrod tape had the administration taken no action against her.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is either daft, or doesn't know Foxnews,

or both.

So, did Foxnews report the doctored/edited ACORN tapes only AFTER the government took action against ACORN (unjustly).

And of course they would have run with the edited Sherrod tape had the administration taken no action against her.

or both.
This unfounded allegation is new and improved with 0 Proof, 0 Truth and a new nutty flavor brought to you by your friends at the DNC. Yes! The DNC the sweetest face liars, the boldest liars... in the world!

or both.
This unfounded allegation is new and improved with 0 Proof, 0 Truth and a new nutty flavor brought to you by your friends at the DNC. Yes! The DNC the sweetest face liars, the boldest liars... in the world!
hughseriescopy8nc.jpg

or both.

Fox ran the ACORN tapes. The tapes were doctored and edited. Irrefutable facts, except in Conservatopia, apparently.

or both.

Fox ran the ACORN tapes. The tapes were doctored and edited. Irrefutable facts, except in Conservatopia, apparently.
and who did the editing?

or both.

Never heard of doctored anything about ACORN. You have the tapes from a reputable (means not huffpo or mediamatters or some radical blog) source.

and who did the editing?

James O'Keefe. The tapes that were secretly made and played over and over again on Foxnews,

long before any action was taken against ACORN, were edited.

So Foxnews has no qualms about playing doctored tapes and this bullshit that they only played the Breitbart tape after Sherrod was fired has nothing to do with any journalistic integrity at Foxnews.

and who did the editing?

James O'Keefe. The tapes that were secretly made and played over and over again on Foxnews,

So Foxnews has no qualms about playing doctored tapes and this bullshit that they only played the Breitbart tape after Sherrod was fired has nothing to do with any journalistic integrity at Foxnews.
And FOX had no qualms about dishonestly editing the full NAACP video for the HanNITWITy show the same dishonest way the Bigotbart clip was edited.

American Rhetoric: Shirley Sherrod - Speech at the NAACP 20th Freedom Fund Banquet

But when I...made the commitment years ago I didn't know how -- I didn't...I prayed about it that night and as our house filled with people I was back in one of the bedrooms praying and asking God to show me what I could do. I didn't have -- the path wasn't laid out that night. I just made the decision that I would stay and work. And -- And over the years things just happened.

And young people: I just want you to know that when you're true to what God wants you to do the path just opens up -- and things just come to you, you know. God is good -- I can tell you that.

When I made that commitment, I was making that commitment to black people -- and to black people only. But, you know, God will show you things and He'll put things in your path so that -- that you realize [FOX edited video starts here] that the struggle is really about poor people,[Bigotbart clip starts here] you know.

The first time I was faced with having to help a white farmer save his farm, he -- he took a long time talking, but he was trying to show me he was superior to me. I know what he was doing. But he had come to me for help. What he didn't know -- while he was taking all that time trying to show me he was superior to me -- was I was trying to decide just how much help I was going to give him.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kMfCAoVPx0&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Andrew Breitbart Defends Shirley Sherrod Story[/ame]

Andrew Breitbart on 'Hannity': 'This Is Not About Shirley Sherrod' - Hannity - FOXNews.com

BREITBART: And what this video shows and what the NAACP affirms in their initial rebuke is not just that Shirley Sherrod, what she said was wrong, but that the audience was laughing and applauding as she described how she maltreated the white farmer.

HANNITY: Before she gets to the end of the story which is — which she's claiming puts context. But there's a —

(CROSSTALK)

BREITBART: Did the people in the audience know that there was going to be a point of redemption?

HANNITY: No.

and who did the editing?

Invalid argument. Hypocrisy penalty. Editing happens all the damn time. Some more fair than others. You want to show outrage on this one incident, you goddamn better show some outrage for editing on conservative hit pieces as well. You ask any major conservative figure if they didn't have final edit approval how fucked over they were by the government propaganda wing to see it happens ROUTINELY to fit the story line pre-decided by the interviewer.

So cram the fauxrage. You can't edit away the fact that ACORN DID say and do those things and deservedly got busted.

You know, your playbook is so damn transparent it's not even slightly humorous. This whole phase right now is the 'discredit offensive', deliberately started just enough before the elections so you can point back and attempt to accuse your critics of lying about you over a period of time, or show how 'dishonest' they are. This is all one big set up for the fall. Memories will erode JUST enough that you can fudge the facts. Instead of focusing on the racism inherent in the Obama administration, you'll scream that Fox news got some staffer fired and there will be enough 'truthy' material out there to make it seem true. When Breitbart starts leaking ACORN documents, you'll point to how James O'Keefe 'doctored' video about them.

It's a scam, we're aware, and it isn't going to fly this time.

So, how did Fox fire a gubmint employee again? What authority did they do this with?

Forum List

Back