FOX showed the questions.

The fact that some of you see this as a contest with a winner and loser speaks volumes about why our government doesn't work.

Fox news showed the questions being asked, but few of the presidents answers or the interaction.

MSNBC is re running it right now with a little too much commentary, but they are showing both the questions AND the answers.

I was impressed that Obama accepted, but then again he's lost a lot of political capital and he knows it. But it's difficult to watch him speak at times because he's such a narcissist. He's still clueless why the majority is against his policies. Maybe he'll get it, but I seriously doubt he will.

In any case, many Democrats will lose their seats come November because of Obama and they'll continue distancing themselves from him. Maybe if the government can remain in gridlock until after the November elections, some good legislation can get passed that's good for the country.

Republicans had 8 years to pass "good" legislation. We ended up with 8 trillion in debt, two unfinished wars, the biggest mass murderer in American history still sending us "mail", a STILL devastated New Orleans, a messed up Justice Department, a terrible pharmaceutical bill, no health care bill, a Dow Jones dropped by 5,000, a terrible recession, the list is endless.

These are the reasons Republicans will "win"? Would YOU vote for such a track record? Seriously, if Democrats did this, is there anything that could make you vote for them? Ideology is the only reason that someone would vote for such a dangerous and incompetent political party.
how the fuck did they have "8 years" when the dems had the senate for the first 2 years from 2001 to 2003 and then they took over both houses in 2006

you just dont have a grasp on reality

I was impressed that Obama accepted, but then again he's lost a lot of political capital and he knows it. But it's difficult to watch him speak at times because he's such a narcissist. He's still clueless why the majority is against his policies. Maybe he'll get it, but I seriously doubt he will.

In any case, many Democrats will lose their seats come November because of Obama and they'll continue distancing themselves from him. Maybe if the government can remain in gridlock until after the November elections, some good legislation can get passed that's good for the country.

Republicans had 8 years to pass "good" legislation. We ended up with 8 trillion in debt, two unfinished wars, the biggest mass murderer in American history still sending us "mail", a STILL devastated New Orleans, a messed up Justice Department, a terrible pharmaceutical bill, no health care bill, a Dow Jones dropped by 5,000, a terrible recession, the list is endless.

These are the reasons Republicans will "win"? Would YOU vote for such a track record? Seriously, if Democrats did this, is there anything that could make you vote for them? Ideology is the only reason that someone would vote for such a dangerous and incompetent political party.
how the fuck did they have "8 years" when the dems had the senate for the first 2 years from 2001 to 2003 and then they took over both houses in 2006

you just dont have a grasp on reality

The Rs in congress should have continued working even though they were not in power during the last two years. Bush himself shutdown once he didn't have a majority in congress.

Somebody has to be in the majority but that doesn't give the other party an excuse to stop working for their constituencies.

I don't agree with everything the Democrats come up with but I expect all of them to continue working even though things may become an uphill battle with every issue. It's their job.

Obama's appearance at the retreat was not something that other presidents haven't tried in hopes of encouraging the parties to work together better. His question and answer session with cameras rolling was quite surprising and unprecedented.

Come on, that has got to be one of his most annoying little quirks.

6a00d83451c49a69e20120a5b52441970c-320wi

What was annoying with Bush was when he tried to look intelligent and presidential, ignorant things kept falling out of his mouth.

Obama made a bold move showing up today. Rs now have to regroup and figure out how to walk away from his policies and still be taken seriously.

The reasons why Republicans will win is because the Democrats blew it. As for me personally, I usually vote 3rd party. If you voted for Obama and still believe you made the right decision, you are part of the problem.

Not necessarily. I voted for Obama and while I'm disappointed with him in many ways, I still don't regret my vote given the choices we had at the time. Obama isn't all that, but McCain would have been worse and there were no viable third party candidates who would have had the tools to govern. I'd love to see a mainstream third party emerge, but given the smaller parties' track record of running one-trick ponies and/or extremists I'm not holding my breath.

It was a pretty poor showing by the Republicans. They had poor preparation and the President exposed them for what they are. Two bit politicians

How much ass can an ass kisser kiss if an ass kisser could kiss ass???

Why is it so hard to admit? Repubs are playing politics while Obama actually wants to get something done.

That's the whole problem right there. Pelosi, too. They have a real stinker of a healthcare reform initiative. They cannot get it passed on its merits. The bribes and deals have been many and devious. The Dem leadership is at the point where they don't care what passes, they just want to pass "something".
It's a swindle. It's deceptive and it's dishonest.

You seem to support this thing that changes on a daily basis, has never been defined, has costs in the macro and the micro that nobody can specify and changes everything based on experience with nothing.

If he was trying to get something done that was defined, documentable and based on reality, that might be helpful. To quote everybody's mother, "If he wanted us to jump of a cliff, should we?"

That would be "something". It would also be stupid. I should say, it would be stupid also.

Fox news showed the questions being asked, but few of the presidents answers or the interaction.

MSNBC is re running it right now with a little too much commentary, but they are showing both the questions AND the answers.

Are you STILL tying the economy to the political parties? Review this article from CNN regarding the state of things in 2006 when the DEMS claimed both houses of Congress.

It is interesting to read in the article also that the Bush years started with the DotCom bubble bursting, the ENRON fiascos et al. just emerging and the 9/11/2001 attack.

Right now the markets are about 1000 points down, unemployment is about 5% up and the personnal wealth drop off is in the Trillions. Impressive swings for only 4 years years of Pelosi and Reid.

As a Dem, this debate is one to avoid. Other side of the coin? Check the measurables from 1993 when the Dems were run out of Congress against the numbers that swept Clinton to his landslide victory in '96.

A look at the stock market in 2006 versus 2001 - Sep. 8, 2006

The reasons why Republicans will win is because the Democrats blew it. As for me personally, I usually vote 3rd party. If you voted for Obama and still believe you made the right decision, you are part of the problem.

Not necessarily. I voted for Obama and while I'm disappointed with him in many ways, I still don't regret my vote given the choices we had at the time. Obama isn't all that, but McCain would have been worse and there were no viable third party candidates who would have had the tools to govern. I'd love to see a mainstream third party emerge, but given the smaller parties' track record of running one-trick ponies and/or extremists I'm not holding my breath.

With respect, I cannot imagine an area of measure in which anyone could have turned up worse numbers than have come from the Big 0's decisions.

In what measurable area of result can you find an area where McCain would have been worse?

Last edited:

With respect, I cannot imagine and area of measure in which anyone could have turned up worse numbers than have come from the Big 0's decisions.

In what measurable area of result can you find an area where McCain would have been worse?

You're kidding me, right? Look at his performance during the campaign: his tendency to panic, his full admission that he knew nothing about the economy, his display of poor judgment time and time again and his merciless beating of the war drums. Not to mention the appalling display of "sellout" that manifested itself in his full-on personality change from 2000 (when I supported him) to 2008. If that says "POTUS" to you, then by all means believe he would be better. That's why you don't get to use my vote. ;)

As for hard numbers, you know they don't exist. Why? Because McCain wasn't elected. But for conjecture, endless off-budget war is expensive as we found out the hard way. Opening his third front in Iran would have broken us faster than the stimulus debacle. Plus his panicked support of TARP indicates he would be at least nearly as Keynesian as Obama. Nah, McCain wouldn't have been any better - in fact, IMO he would have sunk us far worse and tied us up for a longer period of time in ways that would drain us of more than money. So I hold my nose and go with the O, even though he's not the best either.

But that's not the point, is it? Your attempt to paint anyone who voted for Obama as either a remorse-stricken angry new recruit or a member of some sort of kool-aid drinking cult fails. So you needed a diversion. Reality is, most of our choices at the polls are the lesser of two evils and have been for decades. Real life exists in shades of gray, my dear. But "E" for effort. :thup:

Most of those who voted for that guy in Massachusetts like the health care in their state. The plan put forth by Obama for the US is very similar.

Do you ever tell the truth?

70% of the citizens of Massachusetts OPPOSE Romneycare.

What was annoying with Bush was when he tried to look intelligent and presidential, ignorant things kept falling out of his mouth.

Obama made a bold move showing up today. Rs now have to regroup and figure out how to walk away from his policies and still be taken seriously.

why do you assume I didn't criticize Bush? I remember calling him an absolute moron an many occasions

But the chin in the air thing is plain old arrogant and it doesn't look presidential it looks petulant

nobody cares s0n...............and BTW, nobody watches MSNBC. Even "Countdown" has far less than a million viewers/night = virtually off the air the rating is so low!!:funnyface:

I thought Obama did a pretty good job of making a complete ass of himself on tv yesterday. I watched the whole deal and all he did was toss out more lies and half-truths about his miserable leadership and failure to be as "nonpartisian" as he says he has tried to be. I especially liked his lies about transparency. As usual, he took no responsibility and blamed everybody else for his failures.

I thought Obama did a pretty good job of making a complete ass of himself on tv yesterday. I watched the whole deal and all he did was toss out more lies and half-truths about his miserable leadership and failure to be as "nonpartisian" as he says he has tried to be. I especially liked his lies about transparency. As usual, he took no responsibility and blamed everybody else for his failures.

He didn't lie. You are an idiot. If you wish to continue being an idiot, keep throwing lies like this out there.

Regarding transparency, his statement was, "Overwhelmingly, the majority was on C-span, (and it was) but I take some fault in that.)

He didn't promise perfect transparency, he promised more transparency. Where was the lie there? None at all.

This also sounds like you just got your ass kicked, and won't admit it.

He didn't lie. You are an idiot. If you wish to continue being an idiot, keep throwing lies like this out there.

Regarding transparency, his statement was, "Overwhelmingly, the majority was on C-span, (and it was) but I take some fault in that.)

He didn't promise perfect transparency, he promised more transparency. Where was the lie there? None at all.

Politician=Liar
Obama=Politician
Obama=Liar

Basic logic

Politician=Liar
Obama=Politician
Obama=Liar

Basic logic

Regarding transparency, there were no lies. He didn't lie about that. It's just hackjob big black dog throwing around more fodder for the flamers.

Forum List

Back