Fox news the only real news says Klien

Yep it's true Fox news haters the covers are being pulled back on the rest and Fox News Is The Best!!!!!:eusa_clap:

no, loony toon

from those well-known libs at forbes...

Fox News Viewers Uninformed, NPR Listeners Not, Poll Suggests

A poll by Farleigh Dickinson University in New Jersey showed that of all the news channels out there, Fox News viewers are the least informed.
People were asked questions about news habits and current events in a statewide poll of 600 New Jersey residents recently. Results showed that viewers of Sunday morning news shows were the most informed about current events, while Fox News viewers were the least informed. In fact, FDU poll results showed they were even less informed than those who say they don’t watch any news at all.

Readers of The New York Times, USA Today and listeners to National Public Radio were better informed about international events than other media outlets.

Fox News Viewers Uninformed, NPR Listeners Not, Poll Suggests - Forbes[/QUOTE]

Ask them about Anna Nicole Smith or that girl who disappeared in Aruba....they're Johnny on the Spot with those facts.

I do believe either "missing white girl" or "scary black man" makes up three-quarters of Fox's Noise.

Which, to pre-empt the literarial minor leaguers, does not mean that Fox Noise is racist. It does mean that Fox Noise plays racists. Simply because playing on racism still works to play on fear, and Fear is after all what they're in the business of selling.

Last edited:
I do believe either "missing white girl" or "scary black man" makes up three-quarters of Fox's Noise.

Which, to pre-empt the literarial minor leaguers, does not mean that Fox Noise is racist. It does mean that Fox Noise plays racists. Simply because playing on racism still works to play on fear, and Fear is after all what they're in the business of selling.

Belief? like a faith? It must be a faith without anything to back it up

"Without anything to back it up"?? :rofl:

Chew this for a start -- what were the most overhyped non-stories of, say, 2008-2010?

Jeremiah Wright...
"New Black Panthers"...
Van Jones...
Shirley Sherrod...
Henry Louis Gates...
ACORN...

-- think of something those all have in common. Besides being bullshit stories.

Voilà.

Fear $ell$. That's well known in media especially in yellow journalism (and Rupert Murdoch built his fortune on tabloid rags). Fear sells because it's emotion, and not just emotion but one that affords the opportunity to play hero at the same time: "when we come back we'll tell you how the scary booga-booga monster is out to kill you and what we're doing to keep you informed!" That builds loyalty, and loyalty means you can charge more for your ads. That's what's going on with the man behind the curtain, like it or not. You're being played, like a cheap banjo.

Straight news isn't emotional. Straight news is dry, factual, even boring. It's a simple who-what-where happened. But put an outraged talking head on the air to pound his fist about that news, NOW you have audience. Because you're no longer limited to news, now you have soap opera. Heroes and villains! Or as I like to call it, "news theater". And when it's always couched in terms of "threat" and "conspiracy" and "scandal" and whatever other drama-o-rama, especially in terms of 'us' and 'them' -- that's when you get ratings. That's why WWE exists. That's why your Fraction News team leads off with an explosion or a fire in some neighborhood you never heard of. Emotion sells, especially fear. Nobody knows this better than Fox. And that's exactly what it does.

Don't believe it? Check their headlines at random. TV channel or website. Watch for the common denominator.

Last edited:
Expand your circle...anecdotal evidence...Bull really

Really?! Three shuls with over 2,000 families, not to mention Jewish groups on Facebook and I have to expand my circle?
Let's not leave out the Five Towns parents my kids went to school with.

I don't live on millionaires row in NYC like you do, even though I do know quite a few multi-millionaires, but you should know by now we frummies have a much larger social circles than just about every other segment of society.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're clueless.. You shouldn't make an ass out of yourself by assuming things:cuckoo:

What did I assume?
You already posted about a month ago that you live on the upper West Side of Manhattan in an affluent area.
Or was that an ad lib to obfuscate whatever issue was discussed at that time?

Really?! Three shuls with over 2,000 families, not to mention Jewish groups on Facebook and I have to expand my circle?
Let's not leave out the Five Towns parents my kids went to school with.

I don't live on millionaires row in NYC like you do, even though I do know quite a few multi-millionaires, but you should know by now we frummies have a much larger social circles than just about every other segment of society.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're clueless.. You shouldn't make an ass out of yourself by assuming things:cuckoo:

What did I assume?
You already posted about a month ago that you live on the upper West Side of Manhattan in an affluent area.
Or was that an ad lib to obfuscate whatever issue was discussed at that time?
LOL... I did? You're mistaken. I'm from Detroit, grow up in Detroit and currently live in a suburb of Detroit... New York? i go to Crown Heights once a year that's about it.

Chew this for a start -- what were the most overhyped non-stories of, say, 2008-2010?

Jeremiah Wright...
"New Black Panthers"...
Van Jones...
Shirley Sherrod...
Henry Louis Gates...
ACORN...

Voilà.

Fear $ell$. That's well known in media especially in yellow journalism (and Rupert Murdoch built his fortune on tabloid rags). Fear sells because it's emotion, and not just emotion but one that affords the opportunity to play hero at the same time: "when we come back we'll tell you how the scary booga-booga monster is out to kill you and what we're doing to keep you informed!" That builds loyalty, and loyalty means you can charge more for your ads. That's what's going on with the man behind the curtain, like it or not. You're being played, like a cheap banjo.

Straight news isn't emotional. Straight news is dry, factual, even boring. It's a simple who-what-where happened. But put an outraged talking head on the air to pound his fist about that news, NOW you have audience. Because you're no longer limited to news, now you have soap opera. Heroes and villains! Or as I like to call it, "news theater". And when it's always couched in terms of "threat" and "conspiracy" and "scandal" and whatever other drama-o-rama, especially in terms of 'us' and 'them' -- that's when you get ratings. That's why WWE exists. That's why your Fraction News team leads off with an explosion or a fire in some neighborhood you never heard of. Emotion sells, especially fear. Nobody knows this better than Fox. And that's exactly what it does.

Don't believe it? Check their headlines at random. TV channel or website. Watch for the common denominator.

Straight news boy, get it straight. Bret Baier, Shepperd Smith ect are straight news get it? Someday you may be able to tell the difference, but since you don't watch you wouldn't know.

Jeremiah Wright...
"New Black Panthers"...
Van Jones...
Shirley Sherrod...
Henry Louis Gates...
ACORN...

Voilà.

Straight news boy, get it straight. Bret Baier, Shepperd Smith ect are straight news get it? Someday you may be able to tell the difference, but since you don't watch you wouldn't know.

Straight news on Fox is painstakingly restricted to dayparts when the sun is up. That's Fox News. Nobody in television takes their ratings benchmark there. That's why Fox keeps them there --- and why they keep the angry white guys pounding on tables in the evening, what they call prime time. And that's Fox Noise.

The hair-on-fire ranters are on then because, and I'll just say this all over again until it sinks in, straight news does not sell eyeballs -- emotion sells eyeballs. That's exactly why they put the emotional guys in prime time where they can bring the most eyeballs. The rest of the day, as far as the corporate bottom line, is just filler.

Get that straight ----- "boy".

Last edited:
Arab owned Fox News.

For your fellow low information dopes, an Arab owns something like 7-9% of the company's stock shares. And only in the world of make-believe does that translates into him "owning" Fox. I actually think deany knows that but still shovels the shit anyway. Amuses him I guess.

Yep it's true Fox news haters the covers are being pulled back on the rest and Fox News Is The Best!!!!!:eusa_clap:

no, loony toon

A poll by Farleigh Dickinson University in New Jersey showed that of all the news channels out there, Fox News viewers are the least informed.
People were asked questions about news habits and current events in a statewide poll of 600 New Jersey residents recently. Results showed that viewers of Sunday morning news shows were the most informed about current events, while Fox News viewers were the least informed. In fact, FDU poll results showed they were even less informed than those who say they don’t watch any news at all.

Readers of The New York Times, USA Today and listeners to National Public Radio were better informed about international events than other media outlets.

Fox News Viewers Uninformed, NPR Listeners Not, Poll Suggests - Forbes[/QUOTE]

Forbes? But but but but they're conservative!

Lol...Joe Klein is a has been hack.

Jeremiah Wright...
"New Black Panthers"...
Van Jones...
Shirley Sherrod...
Henry Louis Gates...
ACORN...

Voilà.

Straight news on Fox is painstakingly restricted to dayparts when the sun is up. That's Fox News. Nobody in television takes their ratings benchmark there. That's why Fox keeps them there --- and why they keep the angry white guys pounding on tables in the evening, what they call prime time. And that's Fox Noise.

The hair-on-fire ranters are on then because, and I'll just say this all over again until it sinks in, straight news does not sell eyeballs -- emotion sells eyeballs. That's exactly why they put the emotional guys in prime time where they can bring the most eyeballs. The rest of the day, as far as the corporate bottom line, is just filler.

Tell it to the radical liberal Joe Klien genius :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Question, are we talking about the News portion or the Talking Head portion? So many here confuse the two and lump them all together.........
As for the news media in general, they're lucky to get half a story completely right less than a third of the time, even Fox.

If you got rid of TV, how were you watching FNC to have an opinion about it?

Oh -- darn, you're right, because as you know I never ever leave home and don't have any occasion at all to see public telescreens in airports, restaurants, bars, hotels or other public spots in the 60+ cities I work in, nor do I have any relatives or friends that I visit or stay with and if I do they sure don't have TV, nor did I ever look at a boob tube in the 20-30 years I was in broadcasting, nor did I have my very own satellite-fed TV set in my own living room which I only got rid of a month ago, nor do I have an internet connection to see whatever TV I want and if I do it sure isn't what made conventional TV superfluous, and the satellite radio in my car that gets cable channels (where FNC is channel 114) doesn't work. Well, it doesn't work if I'm in a parking garage.

TV makes sure you can't miss it. Even if you want to. Orwell just called them by a slightly different name but he was writing in the '40s.

You mentioned it. The bars. This is how fox "news" reaches 74% of their listeners. bars, beer bars, gin mills.

So, now you have problem with the entertainment and beverage industries?

Shame on you!

no, loony toon

Fox News Viewers Uninformed, NPR Listeners Not, Poll Suggests - Forbes

Ask them about Anna Nicole Smith or that girl who disappeared in Aruba....they're Johnny on the Spot with those facts.[/QUOTE]

In 2007 Anna Nicole Smith was barely mentioned on FNC, while the Democrat mouth pieces, MSNBC and CNN were pounding it 24 hours a day.

And back then Bill O'Reilley was driving that idiot Keith Olbermann crazy by studiously and wisely ignoring Olbermann's idiotic "Worst Person In The World" sketches, by not responding.

Strangely, Olbermann, by now, is not even a memory, while "Bill O the Clown" still flourishes in popularity and very, very very profitable ratings.

That IS hilarious.

That guy is the freaking poster boy for why I got rid of TV.

Oh -- darn, you're right, because as you know I never ever leave home and don't have any occasion at all to see public telescreens in airports, restaurants, bars, hotels or other public spots in the 60+ cities I work in, nor do I have any relatives or friends that I visit or stay with and if I do they sure don't have TV, nor did I ever look at a boob tube in the 20-30 years I was in broadcasting, nor did I have my very own satellite-fed TV set in my own living room which I only got rid of a month ago, nor do I have an internet connection to see whatever TV I want and if I do it sure isn't what made conventional TV superfluous, and the satellite radio in my car that gets cable channels (where FNC is channel 114) doesn't work. Well, it doesn't work if I'm in a parking garage.

TV makes sure you can't miss it. Even if you want to. Orwell just called them by a slightly different name but he was writing in the '40s.

I don't know where you have been hanging around, but bars, airports, hotels and restaurants pretty much ALWAYS have CNN and hardly ever FNC.

When George Orwell wrote about 1. "Big Brother is Watching" and 2. "Newspeak" and 3. "Thought Police" he was thinking of and terrified of the future we see now:

1. Big Brother Obama

2. The lying and bifurcating of MSNBC, CNN and the rest of Main Stream Media.

3. The atrocity of what happened to and WILL happen to anyone who dares to voice an opinion in the privacy of their own home.

As far as receiving channel 114, Obama, the emptiest suit in human history, would love to make the entire world turned into a parking garage where no dissenting opinion would be tolerated or heard.

BTW, say hi to your cousin, the bastard child of Strom Thurmond for me.

Last edited:

Tell it to the radical liberal Joe Klien genius :eusa_whistle:

Joe Klein didn't make that point, Einstein. YOU did.

Duh.

I don't know where you have been hanging around, but bars, airports, hotels and restaurants pretty much ALWAYS have CNN and hardly ever FNC.

False.

When George Orwell wrote about 1. "Big Brother is Watching" and 2. "Newspeak" and 3. "Thought Police" he was thinking of and terrified of the future we see now:

1. Big Brother Obama

2. The lying and bifurcating of MSNBC, CNN and the rest of Main Stream Media.

Your #2 has sold you your #1.
Television is the most effective mass propaganda tool ever invented, turning its user into an obedient zombie staring passively to allow images and ideas to be shat into his head. Indeed your choice of Telescreen, Fox Noise, has shat the idea of #1 into your obedient skull. Had your choice been say MSNBC you would have blithely accepted a different Emmanuel Goldstein, but your slavish obedience would be the same either way. You will do what the Telescreen tells you, because you love Big Brother.

3. The atrocity of what happened to and WILL happen to anyone who dares to voice an opinion in the privacy of their own home.

That's true. Such as that basketball owner guy who got banned -- an action that would never have happened without mass media telescreens.

As far as receiving channel 114, Obama, the emptiest suit in human history, would love to make the entire world turned into a parking garage where no dissenting opinion would be tolerated or heard.

More babbling from the obedient zombie, mouthing the words he's told to say. The actual question was how I have access to Fox Noise without a TV set. Your meaningless speculations about political puppets are entirely irrelevant to that.

BTW, say hi to your cousin, the bastard child of Strom Thurmond for me.

She's dead. But your neg clock has just magically sprung to life.

Forum List

Back