Fox: Deliberate Misinformation

I am underwhelmed with this. I believe most Americans are. The recession may be ending and whether it ends because of a change in the way things are done will matter little.

Give IT up.
:eusa_whistle:

And if it doesnt end because of the way things are done?

The recession will end. Cycles.

Why and how it ends is irrelevant to me. Maybe it is super important to you? I say, if it is, go for IT. But don't expect a popular upsurge of indignation from the populace or a revolution. :lol:

Recessions all end...and yes...cycles.

The length of a recession can be affected by policies.

SO we can do what you do and sit around and hope it ends soon...or we can speak our minds and force washington to butt out.

Your way may work for you....I see it as selfish and lazy.

Why and how it ends is irrelevant to me. Maybe it is super important to you? I say, if it is, go for IT. But don't expect a popular upsurge of indignation from the populace or a revolution. :lol:

SO we can do what you do and sit around and hope it ends soon...or we can speak our minds and force washington to butt out.

I heard most economists say the great depression came about because the government stopped public spending to prop up the economy. Is this true?

Last edited:
I am underwhelmed with this. I believe most Americans are. The recession may be ending and whether it ends because of a change in the way things are done will matter little.

Give IT up.
:eusa_whistle:

Revolution?
No.
Thinking that those in Washington know more about what is good for MY family, MY business, MY friends, MY community?

Sorry....no way they kn ow more than I do as it pertains to those around me.

Seems you are more apathetic...and as opposed to admitting it, you are trying to make it sound you are not interested in speaking your mind as keeping quiet is the mature thing to do.

Well, as I see it...it is not the mature thing to do. It is the irresponsible thing to do.

Last edited:

I heard most economists say the great depression came about because the government stopped public spending to prop up the economy. Is this true?

Oh...I did not realize what I was debating with.
We are done.
What a waste of time.

Revolution?
No.
Thinking that those in Washington know more about what is good for MY family, MY business, MY friends, MY community?

Sorry....no way they kn ow more than I do as it pertains to those around me.

Seems you are more apathetic...and as opposed to admitting it, you are trying to make it sound you are not interested in speaking your mind as keeping quiet is the mature thing to do.

Well, as I see it...it is not the mature thing to do. It is the irresponsible thing to do.

Here is were we differ my friend. I firmly believe we elect those who go to washington in our name (as oppossed to those 'in washington'), to do just that...do what "is good for MY family, MY business, MY friends, MY community."

I never said they know more...but they do represent us. We elect them We send them there. Who we DON'T send are the assistants who stay afterwards and the lobbyists who the GOP led Supreme Court just said are equal to voters.

I am not apathetic. I've worked very hard on some campaigns. I've been an elected representative of a local party (I actually voted against myself LOL).

Oh...I did not realize what I was debating with.
We are done.
What a waste of time.

so I ask you a question and you get all crazy? I guess you haven't an answer or fear the one you do have?

go figure

How much healthcare was debated on CSPAN under Bush? Oh that's right....the Republicans never gave a shit about reforming healthcare until Obama took office....never mind.

Show us the link where Bush promised to debate health care reform on CSPAN and your post might have some relevance. Otherwise it's just another deflection to hide the Obama failures.

A broken promise is a failure?:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ronald Reagan broke almost every promise he ever made, and yet conservatives and the GOP went hog wild over him ...they even have an ongoing Reagan campaign that has reshaped the facts about his career.

the point was Bush never did what Obama has failed to do...so far. WOW!!!

Would you prefer that I use the more honest vernacular and say refer to those failures as the lies they were?

Show us the link where Bush promised to debate health care reform on CSPAN and your post might have some relevance. Otherwise it's just another deflection to hide the Obama failures.

Ronald Reagan broke almost every promise he ever made, and yet conservatives and the GOP went hog wild over him ...they even have an ongoing Reagan campaign that has reshaped the facts about his career.

Would you prefer that I use the more honest vernacular and say refer to those failures as the lies they were?
One man's lie is another's nuance.

When Bush said 'read my lips' I never got upset when he went back on a promise...because the principles involved were at odds. Be responsible and raise taxes even though you promised not too, or keep a promise and allow things to get worse.

Leaders are supposed to lead. George HW Bush was a leader who was thrown overboard by irrational and populist anger fed by propagandist rants and raves about taxes being evil.

When Bush said 'read my lips' I never got upset when he went back on a promise...because the principles involved were at odds. Be responsible and raise taxes even though you promised not too, or keep a promise and allow things to get worse.

Leaders are supposed to lead. George HW Bush was a leader who was thrown overboard by irrational and populist anger fed by propagandist rants and raves about taxes being evil.

Baby Bush was the complete opposite. He stayed the course regardless of how the situation on the ground had changed

I agree...

SO tell me....do you truly believe that those lobbyists were the ONLY people in the country qualified to bring in? Or is it possible that he needed them to acheive an agenda?

Baby Bush was the complete opposite. He stayed the course regardless of how the situation on the ground had changed

Again, you are really oput of your league here RW.
This forum is for people that think for themselves.

And the surge was "staying the course"....I guess?

and he always listened to the commanders on the ground, even if that meant firing them all in order to hear what he wanted to hear.

I agree...

SO tell me....do you truly believe that those lobbyists were the ONLY people in the country qualified to bring in? Or is it possible that he needed them to acheive an agenda?

I don't think qualifications is an issue. All people had a seat at the table. Either through elected representatives or lobbyists. I don't like what came out of the back room deals. But that is teh way things work.

The US Constitution was created and debated behind locked doors...in secret.

Thinks for themselves? Do you know there are still right wingers who say the Iraq war was justified and there really were WMD's. Can you believe this crap?

Thinks for themselves? Do you know there are still right wingers who say the Iraq war was justified and there really were WMD's. Can you believe this crap?

This is America. People are entitled to their opinion and when they express it as their opinion, all is good.

Then there are those like RW that expresses as fact things that are nothing more than oipinoion.

Sort of EXACTLY what you do.

Forum List

Back