Fox news' 49% ... Lol

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Fox is the most trusted television news network in the country, according to a new poll out Tuesday.

A Public Policy Polling nationwide survey of 1,151 registered voters Jan. 18-19 found that 49 percent of Americans trusted Fox News, 10 percentage points more than any other network.

Thirty-seven percent said they didn’t trust Fox, also the lowest level of distrust that any of the networks recorded.

There was a strong partisan split among those who said they trusted Fox — with 74 percent of Republicans saying they trusted the network, while only 30 percent of Democrats said they did.

CNN was the second-most-trusted network, getting the trust of 39 percent of those polled. Forty-one percent said they didn’t trust CNN.

Each of the three major networks was trusted by less than 40 percent of those surveyed, with NBC ranking highest at 35 percent. Forty-four percent said they did not trust NBC, which was combined with its sister cable station MSNBC.

Thirty-two percent of respondents said they trusted CBS, while 31 percent trusted ABC. Both CBS and ABC were not trusted by 46 percent of those polled.

“A generation ago you would have expected Americans to place their trust in the most neutral and unbiased conveyors of news,” said PPP President Dean Debnam in his analysis of the poll. “But the media landscape has really changed, and now they’re turning more toward the outlets that tell them what they want to hear.”

The telephone poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.8 percentage points.

Read more: Poll: Fox most trusted name in news - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com
-Poll: Fox most trusted name in news - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

ask yourself...what percentage of Americans who are eligible to vote actually registered to vote in this survey?

74% 0f registered Republicans....means that around a quarter of GOP registered voters do not trust the propaganda arm of their party? :lol:

note: "“A generation ago you would have expected Americans to place their trust in the most neutral and unbiased conveyors of news,” said PPP President Dean Debnam in his analysis of the poll. “But the media landscape has really changed, and now they’re turning more toward the outlets that tell them what they want to hear.”"

Fox News is now trusted much more than the Dan Blather-led corrupt Liberal Media. Time for CNN to give up their dishonest tag-line. "Most trusted News" now belongs to Fox News. The Liberal Media is dying and that's a good thing. WTG Fox News!

PPP conducted a national survey of 1,151 registered voters on January 18th and 19th. The
survey’s margin of error is +/-2.8%. Other factors, such as refusal to be interviewed and
weighting, may introduce additional error that is more difficult to quantify.

Complete results are attached and can be found at Public Policy Polling - Highly Accurate Polls, Affordable Research for Candidates and Organizations.
-http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_National_126.pdf

Many more left leaning people are likely to say they do not trust any TV news.

I bet that is a big part of this outcome.

I wish you have some of that mistrust when it came to NBC. Have you not noticed that we are not being blasted everyday with new about how bad the economy is? That is all we heard during the Bush years from NBC. Time Magazine ran stories about 'breadlines' but now that democrats are in control and we actually DO HAVE BREADLINES there is no news about it.

Is that a coincidence? I think not.

I wish you have some of that mistrust when it came to NBC. Have you not noticed that we are not being blasted everyday with new about how bad the economy is? That is all we heard during the Bush years from NBC. Time Magazine ran stories about 'breadlines' but now that democrats are in control and we actually DO HAVE BREADLINES there is no news about it.

Really? Hear about the economy every day. Bores me as much as it did when Bush was President. Not much I can do about it except maybe go on an anonymous internet(s) message board and compete for the prize of whiniest bitch. But I see you've got that one covered.

carry on

And they can thank Bush and the republicans for thier plight.

And they can thank Bush and the republicans for thier plight.

true dat

Fox News comes out as the most trusted news source and you attempt to portray that as a negative against Fox News....:)

Fox ratings continue to climb ever higher, as the liberalism-infected remnants of the old-guard media find their future prospects as dry and uninhabitable as Barbara Walter's Cha-Cha...

There's very little validity in the claim that being more popular makes you more trustworthy. "A billion chinamen can't be wrong about rice, can they?" It's old logic that just doesn't wash.

Obama got the majority of the popular vote...does that mean he's instantly the best president?

The old Liberal Media is dying and that's a good thing. Apparently if you don't get that Chris Matthews "Thrill up your Leg",you're not a "real" News Network. Well that's according to the Liberal Wingnuts anyway. Fox News is kicking Liberal Media A*S and that's good for America. WTG Fox News!

There's very little validity in the claim that being more popular makes you more trustworthy. "A billion chinamen can't be wrong about rice, can they?" It's old logic that just doesn't wash.

Obama got the majority of the popular vote...does that mean he's instantly the best president?

I dont know that anyone would claim that being popular makes you trust worthy. Being trustworthy does make you popular though. I mean how many people are going to watch news from a source they dont trust?

You simply have the causation backwards.

The poll indicates most trustworthy - not most popular.

Though when you take the poll and the ratings, it appears Fox News enjoys dominating both popularity and trustworthiness.

Impressive...

Dante...

You have srerious comprehension issues.You dont understand how to read poll results.

nationwide survey of 1,151 registered voters

hmmm, okay.
:cuckoo:

Survey taking is a pretty well defined science. In today's world, phone surveys are pretty accurate owing to the saturation of the phone in the society.

A poller will call and ask for a female registered voter. If there is no female registered voter in the household, the poller hangs up and calls the next number. In this way they stack the poll with the right percentages of the right components to get a microcasm of the society or universe that they are sampling.

Discarding the results of a poll based only on the disareement with the conclusions presented by the poll is not wise.

Polling a sample over 1000 people will give remarkably accurate results if the sample is constructed properly.

New Topics

Forum List

Back