Fourth PP video released, it's bad

BTW --- you are in GREAT company. Because I just saw the WH spokesmouth admit that he hadn't watched them either.. BUT HE issued a statement CONDEMNING several of the points that were made in the videos.. :rolleyes-41:

I watched the first, short, heavily edited tape - and wonder why I need to watch the rest when there is a transcript available? What makes a video BETTER than a transcript?

I'll make a deal - you read the transcript, I'll watch the video. How does that sound?
The edited tapes are not the only ones available. Each summarized tape was released with the full version. All five of those full videos have been provided multiple times now.

"Planned Parenthood denies all wrongdoing"
Planned Parenthood by the numbers - CNN.com

Planned Parenthood president, said in a video response to the controversy:
“The allegation that Planned Parenthood profits in any way from tissue donation is not true.”

Unspinning the Planned Parenthood Video
Look guys. It's simple. Planned Parenthood says they don't do this. They wouldn't say that if they did so it's reasonable to assume that they didn't. The tapes are a hoax. The Center for Medical Progress even admits that their videos are shortened. None of those interviews ever happened. They were fabricated. And none of the doctors would have agreed to it if they knew the fraudsters were working undercover. They're the ones we should be investigating right now. They're the criminals. If you don't believe me then just ask Cecile Richards yourself. She'll tell you the same thing.

The Senate voted down a bill Monday that would take away more than $500 million in federal funding from Planned Parenthood after activists published a series of "sting" videos targeting the group.

:clap:

It wasn't the first effort to take funding away from Planned Parenthood, which operates around 700 health clinics that treat 2.7 million patients a year. But the series of videos published by the Center for Medical progress, an anti-abortion rights group, have unprecedented reach in a world where almost anyone can see them on YouTube.

The Center for Medical Progress admits the videos are edited and has released some full-length versions, as well as transcripts. The group claims the videos show Planned Parenthood illegally profits from selling tissue from aborted fetuses, although
the full-length versions clearly show the Planned Parenthood staffers repeatedly denying this.

CNN s Camerota Suggests Debunked Videos Attempting To Smear Planned Parenthood May Be Legitimate Research Media Matters for America

BTW --- you are in GREAT company. Because I just saw the WH spokesmouth admit that he hadn't watched them either.. BUT HE issued a statement CONDEMNING several of the points that were made in the videos.. :rolleyes-41:

I watched the first, short, heavily edited tape - and wonder why I need to watch the rest when there is a transcript available? What makes a video BETTER than a transcript?

I'll make a deal - you read the transcript, I'll watch the video. How does that sound?
The edited tapes are not the only ones available. Each summarized tape was released with the full version. All five of those full videos have been provided multiple times now.

Yes - and so have the transcripts. I happen to prefer the written word.

Few are willing to listen closely to a lengthy tape. Most go to the short version.

Yes - and so have the transcripts. I happen to prefer the written word.

Few are willing to listen closely to a lengthy tape. Most go to the short version.
That's exactly why they release the full transcripts and the summarized versions. The advantages of the full video is that you get to see the entire interview as it was in person. You can see body language and facial expressions. You can hear tone. It provides much of the non-verbal context the written word leaves out. That said, I wasn't attacking you for relying on the transcripts. I was pointing out that the endless repetition of this one particular talking point - that the "short edited" summarized videos are all that have been released - is one of the first problems to tackle in discussing this issue. A dialogue on equal footing is impossible when so many people consciously choose not to hear all of the facts.

Coyote knows this. She's just a mouthpiece reading a script.

the series of videos published by the Center for Medical progress, an anti-abortion rights group couldn't care less about the dignity, respect or humane treatment toward those families who donated. they are evil abortionists after all, so the ghouls don't mind making a public spectacle and using them as tools for their dishonest smear campaign against a DIGNIFIED, RESPECTFUL AND HUMANE organization, Planned Parenthood.

Coyote knows this. She's just a mouthpiece reading a script.
You don't debunk something by hearing about it, proclaiming it false, and moving on. Are you sure you're a skeptic...? -.-
Coyote "has a feeling" that it's all fake. Planned Parenthood actually SAVES babies.

Coyote made the effort to look at the unedited material. That's more than can be said for the vast majority of the anti-human rights crowd here. She also seems to be one of the very few of them who actually gives a shit about the children as well as the mothers and take a practical stance on the matter. I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt here and say she's simply looking at the issue from a very different perspective. At least she's honestly addressing it according to her understanding and viewpoint. That's more than can be said for the Carla/Dragonfly/Statistik/Boo/Paint/Newton/Pogo/Lakhota/Joe bandwagon and their unwavering party line.

Last edited:
the series of videos published by the Center for Medical progress, an anti-abortion rights group couldn't care less about the dignity, respect or humane treatment toward those families who donated. they are evil abortionists after all, so the ghouls don't mind making a public spectacle and using them as tools for their dishonest smear campaign against a DIGNIFIED, RESPECTFUL AND HUMANE organization, Planned Parenthood.
Pretty much a case study of how a fanatic speaks.

more than a feeeling...

Coyote "has a feeling" that it's all fake. Planned Parenthood actually SAVES babies.

the full length version shows what the dishonest agenda whores chose to omit...and continue to ignore. ^

the original spectacle, used to make false claims, conveniently omitted the part where PP reps clearly stated the opposite.

padre de projection..?

Pretty much a case study of how a fanatic speaks.

says you... :uhoh3:

It's not difficult to match it up.. They have BOLDED the parts USED in the vids. Don't know what you're doing on page 2 ---- You need to be somewhere in pages 28 to 38 for the discussions on reimbursement.

Reading 80 pages of what the buyers' did on their 12 hour layover in Amsterdam --- must be you're idea of truth and justice eh???

The early pages talked about compensation (ie reimbursement) - so I assumed that was it.

Actually a lot of those pages are talking about the processes, technical aspects of what they do not "layovers". My idea of "truth and justice" is to see it in entirety and then make a decision - not see just one side's version of the "truth" :)

Reading through those pages 28-38 - it sounds like a discussion on how it's classified with the "buyer" trying to make "Ginde" say something specific but she keeps insisting there has to be a discussion and consensus with all the affiliates so everyone is doing the same thing.

Here she seems to be talking about what Buyer is proposing to do with HIS people.

Ginde: We have to know who else is doing this. Because if you have someone in
a really anti state who’s going to be doing this for you, they’re probably gonna get
caught. You know. Someone’s gonna be poking around a lot more with them, just
because of the state that they’re in, than we might have here. They’re pretty bad
out there, they try to plan stuff

Ginde: This is not California. You step out of California and it’s not so nice. And
we really have to play politics with the environment to make sure that, we’re
doing things legit, but we’re also protecting ourselves.
Buyer: How confident are you with your attorneys’ work that you’ve seen, they
are building many layers and making it difficult—
Ginde: We’ve got it figured out, that he knows that—because we talked to him in
the beginning, we were like, we don’t want to get called on, you know, selling
fetal parts across states.

Buyer: Mhm. Neither do we.

Ginde: You know what I mean? No one wants to get—

Buyer: Right. So how do we protect ourselves.

Ginde: How do we protect ourselves from that. And I think then, part of that
conversation happens that if you are talking with other Planned Parenthoods, we
make sure that we’re all doing this, taking the same steps to make sure that we
don’t get labeled with something that we then—because it’s better to get
proactive and get yourself ready than to get labeled with something and then
have to prove that that’s not true.

Sounds like a conversation on how to protect themselves from untrue accusations and do things within a legal framework. I don't see anything discussing profit, buying etc. Compensation comes up but compensation is legal.

more than a feeeling...

the full length version shows what the dishonest agenda whores chose to omit...and continue to ignore. ^

the original spectacle, used to make false claims, conveniently omitted the part where PP reps clearly stated the opposite.

Exactly.

As far as I can tell, the only thing done wrong, legally, is proposing to change the procedure. Talking callously about it is upsetting but not illegal. I've heard that kind of talk in a variety of professions but the conversations are private, not public. I think if they were made public there would be a lot of upset - kind of like the Snowden revelations.

I just post this in a new thread: Video at the site.

SNIP;
Fifth Undercover Planned Parenthood Video: 'Diversification of the Revenue Stream'
In her defense, maybe she meant vivisection.

he Center for Medical Progress has released a fifth undercover video of Planned Parenthood today, despite a concerted effort by
pro-abortion judges to prevent them from doing so. In this latest video, Melissa Farrell, director of research for Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast, takes things yet again one step further than in previous videos.

all of it and video at the site
Fifth Undercover Planned Parenthood Video Diversification of the Revenue Stream Truth Revolt
Wait, what? They violated the court order to release it?

Demonstrating beyond any shadow of a doubt that the anti-rights zealots have no respect for law and order and are willing to do anything to spew their dishonesty and deceit.

Well -- You have a choice here.. (IRONICALLY) --- You can support that National Abortion Federation claim that recording it's meetings "WOULD DO IRREPARABLE harm to their members" or you can whine about some folks that wanted to shine a light on that curious SECRECY... This is an annual gathering of the abortion industry. All the super stars are there and the rhetoric is probably cranked up to 11. And they are embarrassed to have ANY of it in the public eye..

Who ELSE might be embarrassed to have their annual party in the public eye? The National MeatPackers Association? The National Coal Foundation? The National Rifle Assoc?? In fact, I think the annual meeting of that last one is sold on video CD.

All that secrecy and clandestine gathering would have to bother you actually --- wouldn't it????

PS -- DT -- Which ones of those OTHER meetings would you bar investigative journalists from? By activist judges orders..

Name another association that has been the target of ongoing domestic terrorism by extremist anti-right zealots for the last couple of decades and you will probably have your answer.

I know that you have said you are resisting watching the videos.. I can't help you if you just want to speculate on what was said and not said. But from 3:10 to about 6:30 in the video for THIS OP.. There is a long discussion about reimbursement and "expressing it correctly" and "per organ charges" and lawyers and all the rest. No where in that segment does the doctor shut down the convo.. Her concern is more about HOW the reimbursement is labeled "time and effort" than it is about her ethics or willingness to change her medical procedures to please these buyers.. PERHAPS -- some PP lawyers would have shut her down at some future point... But the atrocious accommodations that she gives up in this interview is very disturbing..

If you won't watch any of the videos, please don't ask for help on what was said. You can QUESTION the completeness of the editing, but let's not ignore the willingness that this VP of PP and a surgeon to discuss and make "deals" with the buyers.

So in short, she specifically said they can't sell tissues, and can ONLY charge reimbursement. And the nuts edited that out because it doesn't make their case.

The problem here is that you see these tissues as "babies". She doesn't. She sees them as medical waste.

Which legally, is what they are.

They DID NOT edit out "the negotiation" part.. Losing track of WHICH vid we're talking about now. But in TWO of them, there is CLEARLY an extended conversation about relabeling and rephrasing the reimbursements. With BOTH sides suggesting ways to get around direct payments. Perhaps you also should VIEW the material to find this stuff. The "see no evil" "hear no evil" leftist affliction seems to be widespread here..

And you are wrong about the "medical waste" part. That's why there are SEPARATE Federal Guidelines for the collection and disposal of fetal tissue..

The only difference between a family holding a wake and a funeral for a miscarraige and the corpse left from an abortion -- is that the former was a WANTED baby and the latter was an UNWANTED baby.. This whole dustup (to me anyway) is about dignity, humane treatment, and respect. And most medical professionals would agree with me..

FTR I have had hip replacement surgery.

What happened to the discarded bone and tissue?

It was human tissue and it was treated as medical waste.

Probably ended up in an incinerator with thousands of other human body parts like diseased kidneys and amputated limbs.

Now does that mean that it wasn't treated with "dignity, humane treatment and respect" simply because it was discarded human tissue?

It was given the appropriate regulated treatment due to discarded human treatment.

I don't see these anti-rights extremist zealots making illegal videos and lying about the people who dispose of the human tissues that came from my body and the those of millions of my fellow Americans.

I just post this in a new thread: Video at the site.

SNIP;
Fifth Undercover Planned Parenthood Video: 'Diversification of the Revenue Stream'
In her defense, maybe she meant vivisection.

he Center for Medical Progress has released a fifth undercover video of Planned Parenthood today, despite a concerted effort by
pro-abortion judges to prevent them from doing so. In this latest video, Melissa Farrell, director of research for Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast, takes things yet again one step further than in previous videos.

all of it and video at the site
Fifth Undercover Planned Parenthood Video Diversification of the Revenue Stream Truth Revolt
Wait, what? They violated the court order to release it?

Demonstrating beyond any shadow of a doubt that the anti-rights zealots have no respect for law and order and are willing to do anything to spew their dishonesty and deceit.

Well -- You have a choice here.. (IRONICALLY) --- You can support that National Abortion Federation claim that recording it's meetings "WOULD DO IRREPARABLE harm to their members" or you can whine about some folks that wanted to shine a light on that curious SECRECY... This is an annual gathering of the abortion industry. All the super stars are there and the rhetoric is probably cranked up to 11. And they are embarrassed to have ANY of it in the public eye..

Who ELSE might be embarrassed to have their annual party in the public eye? The National MeatPackers Association? The National Coal Foundation? The National Rifle Assoc?? In fact, I think the annual meeting of that last one is sold on video CD.

All that secrecy and clandestine gathering would have to bother you actually --- wouldn't it????

PS -- DT -- Which ones of those OTHER meetings would you bar investigative journalists from? By activist judges orders..

Name another association that has been the target of ongoing domestic terrorism by extremist anti-right zealots for the last couple of decades and you will probably have your answer.

I think it's important to remember that abortion clinics have been bombed, doctors murdered and attacked by these people as well. There are many groups that are politically volitle that might choose to have their parties private because of the spin journalists might put on things. One example - candidate fundraisers. Anyone remember how the 1% comment played out? Or the "guns and bibles"? Those were both, I believe private functions.

People who choose to do it privately aren't necessarily hiding something.

Forum List

Back