Fossils from the day the dinosaurs died

And thus why it's a THEORY. Carbon dating is being adjusted about 10% older. We aren't talking about 5 billion years ago being 4000 years ago all of a sudden. We aren't disproving science but getting even more exacting using other proven data sources to dial that in. Impressive that we are finding sediment levels, tree rings, coral growth and all are pointing to this long time frame along with Carbon 14 dating.

But you have to throw all that evidence away to believe a literal biblical sense of the age of the planet. Much like years ago you had to throw all the evidence of astronomy away to believe the literal biblical belief the earth went around the sun. And yes, we have dialed in and adjusted the measurements of orbits and distance from the sun over time. But it hasn't debunked heliocentric theory
its you thats stuck on the bible not me,,,

and just wait cause they change the dating several times until now and will most likely change it again later

Exactly. Just like Earths orbit has been changed multiple times as we've gotten better and better at it. Doesn't mean that Heliocentric theory (the earth revolves around the sun) is debunked in any way.

What we have now is yet another completely different time measurement proving within 10% of Carbon 14, and putting it within 10% of coral growth, tree ring, and glacial movement records.

The ONLY outlier is the young earth creationism, which this new method once again debunks completely.

tree ring dating is more flawed than the geo column

Says you. Science disagrees. Unfortunately the only thing science agrees on is debunking the "young earth Conspiracy".

So why do you oppose fact and science and instead rely on the guy who believes in Nessie the loch ness monster, but not the scientific facts proven that dino's were warm blooded and many had feathers?

And thus why it's a THEORY. Carbon dating is being adjusted about 10% older. We aren't talking about 5 billion years ago being 4000 years ago all of a sudden. We aren't disproving science but getting even more exacting using other proven data sources to dial that in. Impressive that we are finding sediment levels, tree rings, coral growth and all are pointing to this long time frame along with Carbon 14 dating.

But you have to throw all that evidence away to believe a literal biblical sense of the age of the planet. Much like years ago you had to throw all the evidence of astronomy away to believe the literal biblical belief the earth went around the sun. And yes, we have dialed in and adjusted the measurements of orbits and distance from the sun over time. But it hasn't debunked heliocentric theory
its you thats stuck on the bible not me,,,

and just wait cause they change the dating several times until now and will most likely change it again later

Exactly. Just like Earths orbit has been changed multiple times as we've gotten better and better at it. Doesn't mean that Heliocentric theory (the earth revolves around the sun) is debunked in any way.

What we have now is yet another completely different time measurement proving within 10% of Carbon 14, and putting it within 10% of coral growth, tree ring, and glacial movement records.

The ONLY outlier is the young earth creationism, which this new method once again debunks completely.

Says you. Science disagrees. Unfortunately the only thing science agrees on is debunking the "young earth Conspiracy".

So why do you oppose fact and science and instead rely on the guy who believes in Nessie the loch ness monster, but not the scientific facts proven that dino's were warm blooded and many had feathers?

now whos denying science,,,not me

While fun guys on youtube have CLAIMED without evidence and science that it is flawed, that is incorrect.

Sorry. I get it. Simple minds want simple answers. If someone makes a claim that's all you need, forget the evidence and reality. That's your choice.

your words not mine,,,

and what evidence???

Exactly. You have none. That's the entire point. There's thousands of studies with evidence on evolution that fit the Theory of Evolution. Instead you want to believe the guy who has NO education in science, no doctoral dissertation for his "Degree" from Patriot College (not recognized by any University, association or gov't entity) and isn't in theology and divinity.

The guy still hanging onto cold blooded and featherless dinosaurs. (Called feathered dinosaurs "Baloney", but he says the Loch Ness Monster is real lol)

Sorry, I can't ignore science to believe the guy who likes the theory UFO's are piloted by Satan.
and when did I say UFOs are satan???

Not you, but the source you choose. Dr Hovind. It's your choice to believe him and his crazy beliefs. I'll take actual science from scientists.

first you have to know what a scientist is,,,

I look at the message not the messenger

Yes. I COMPLETELY agree. So lets see your "scientist". That would be Dr Hovind who you have been quoting and sourcing.

A mail order doctorate from Patriot Bible College ($2000 a doctorate) in Biblical ministry and Theology.

A degree which has no state recognition, no federal recognition, no professional associations willing to accept them.

With no proof of even a doctoral dissertation. Universities make doctoal dissertations readily available online or in libraries. His is unknown to exist.

His supposed dissertation was reviewed by one person (president of Patriot U), whereas other doctors in actual accredited universities need 4-5 doctoral committee members.

His Doctorate in "biblical ministry" made his dissertation available for sale in 2013 online and is called What on Earth is about to Happen... for Heaven's Sake?: A Dissertation on End Times According to the Bible which predicts the second coming in 2018 (since amended to 2028).

He has ZERO evidence of any studies in any earth or life sciences.

He has ZERO time found in any accredited lab working on any studies in any life or earth sciences.

He has ZERO peer reviewed papers found to be in circulation or even submitted for a peer review.

So yeah, that's YOUR scientist. The guy who calls himself "Dr Dino" and knows nothing about science or Dinosaurs.

your words not mine,,,

and what evidence???

Exactly. You have none. That's the entire point. There's thousands of studies with evidence on evolution that fit the Theory of Evolution. Instead you want to believe the guy who has NO education in science, no doctoral dissertation for his "Degree" from Patriot College (not recognized by any University, association or gov't entity) and isn't in theology and divinity.

The guy still hanging onto cold blooded and featherless dinosaurs. (Called feathered dinosaurs "Baloney", but he says the Loch Ness Monster is real lol)

Sorry, I can't ignore science to believe the guy who likes the theory UFO's are piloted by Satan.

Not you, but the source you choose. Dr Hovind. It's your choice to believe him and his crazy beliefs. I'll take actual science from scientists.

Yes. I COMPLETELY agree. So lets see your "scientist". That would be Dr Hovind who you have been quoting and sourcing.

A mail order doctorate from Patriot Bible College ($2000 a doctorate) in Biblical ministry and Theology.

A degree which has no state recognition, no federal recognition, no professional associations willing to accept them.

With no proof of even a doctoral dissertation. Universities make doctoal dissertations readily available online or in libraries. His is unknown to exist.

His supposed dissertation was reviewed by one person (president of Patriot U), whereas other doctors in actual accredited universities need 4-5 doctoral committee members.

His Doctorate in "biblical ministry" made his dissertation available for sale in 2013 online and is called What on Earth is about to Happen... for Heaven's Sake?: A Dissertation on End Times According to the Bible which predicts the second coming in 2018 (since amended to 2028).

He has ZERO time found in any accredited lab working on any studies in any life or earth sciences.

He has ZERO peer reviewed papers found to be in circulation or even submitted for a peer review.

So yeah, that's YOUR scientist. The guy who calls himself "Dr Dino" and knows nothing about science or Dinosaurs.

when you cant refute the message attack the messenger

as I said he is but one of my many resources

What's the issue with tree ring dating?
that depending on conditions several rings can be produced each yr,,,

it represents moisture not years and a drought in the middle of a season can add a ring,,region can be a big factor

And what about the dozens of studies on academia.edu that are a click away that specifically take into periods of higher moisture and drought and compensate for those? (a quick search bring up scientists like Longman, Fritz, and Dean in different papers reaching similar conclusions supporting tree ring data with scientific fact).

What is your response to those? What studies have debunked their works?

Or are you just throwing darts at a board blindly and hoping they stick because they sound good rather than use actual scientific facts to support your argument... AGAIN.

So the guy who isn't a scientist is your rebuttal to scientific fact.

Why do you deny science for the guy who believes Neanderthals weren't a different species, but just really old humans that had lived multiple hundreds of years (even though that isn't supported by neanderthal fossil records)?

The message is refuted. It's refuted by scientific facts. The guy who isn't a scientist being the one you have to rely on to try and debunk science is your problem not mine lol

it represents moisture not years and a drought in the middle of a season can add a ring,,region can be a big factor

And what about the dozens of studies on academia.edu that are a click away that specifically take into periods of higher moisture and drought and compensate for those? (a quick search bring up scientists like Longman, Fritz, and Dean in different papers reaching similar conclusions supporting tree ring data with scientific fact).

Or are you just throwing darts at a board blindly and hoping they stick because they sound good rather than use actual scientific facts to support your argument... AGAIN.
I would want to see each specific test to evaluate their findings,,,to make a blanket statement would be dishonest

Why do you deny science for the guy who believes Neanderthals weren't a different species, but just really old humans that had lived multiple hundreds of years (even though that isn't supported by neanderthal fossil records)?

NO

and what proof exist they were an independent species???
NONE exists

neanderthals were a region specific group that had different characteristics,,,and some of those exist today in the aborigines in australia

So yes. If 1000 scientists come up to me with Newtons theories and says if you jump off this tower, you will fall and not survive. And they bring studies where they've thrown things off the tower and studied the impact, and studies into the scientific theory of gravity, and compare each others studies and it keeps coming back I won't survive the 1000 foot fall....

and your crazy guy comes up and in between saying Obama is the anti-christ, tells me that in his unscientific opinion, I will float and all will be ok, and has zero studies to support his claim...

you can bet your ass I will believe the scientist telling me a fact over the other guy not using science to try and explain his beliefs on science.

The messenger does matter, especially when he's bringing facts and has knowledge on the topic on which he is speaking.

NO

and what proof exist they were an independent species???
NONE exists

neanderthals were a region specific group that had different characteristics,,,and some of those exist today in the aborigines in australia

Besides you mean of course the scientific facts. The DNA evidence, the anatomical differences, the behavioral differences.

For example Ian Tattersall wrote a very good paper based on his fact based studies on the differences between the species. What scientific report are you alluding to?

Or again, are you just digging you head in the dirt, ignoring scientific facts, making up your own and hoping they stick?

So yes. If 1000 scientists come up to me with Newtons theories and says if you jump off this tower, you will fall and not survive. And they bring studies where they've thrown things off the tower and studied the impact, and studies into the scientific theory of gravity, and compare each others studies and it keeps coming back I won't survive the 1000 foot fall....

and your crazy guy comes up and in between saying Obama is the anti-christ, tells me that in his unscientific opinion, I will float and all will be ok, and has zero studies to support his claim...

you can bet your ass I will believe the scientist telling me a fact over the other guy not using science to try and explain his beliefs on science.

The messenger does matter, especially when he's bringing facts and has knowledge on the topic on which he is speaking.

its the law of gravity,,,and you shouldnt need a scientist to tell you that

more proof you only believe what youre told and cant think for yourself

I would want to see each specific test to evaluate their findings,,,to make a blanket statement would be dishonest

So then why do you make a blanket statement against them when you say you are ignorant about them?

Takes you a quick look through google, can use science direct. Google scholar. University online or actual libraries. The info is out there.

Why do you choose NOT to educate yourself on the subject, give a blanket statement that multiple studies and scientific facts debunk and instead repeat a youtube personality who isn't in any way studying or informed on science?

So then why do you make a blanket statement against them when you say you are ignorant about them?

Takes you a quick look through google, can use science direct. Google scholar. University online or actual libraries. The info is out there.

Why do you choose NOT to educate yourself on the subject, give a blanket statement that multiple studies and scientific facts debunk and instead repeat a youtube personality who isn't in any way studying or informed on science?
I've tried to be specific but you spend so much time attacking and insulting this conversation is all over the place

Actually the law of universal gravitation has been superceded by Einsteins theory of general relativity. There is no current law of gravity. It is still taught because it gives a great approximation of the effects of gravity in most applications but it is no longer a law.

But you are basing it on a scientific theory, not a law. No more, no less than the scientific theory of evolution.

So are you intentionally trying to lie here by pretending Newton's law has still held up and wasn't superseded nearly 100 years ago?

Or are you ignorant on the subject on which you speak?

Just curious because you do that a lot. Why do you feel the need to attempt to lie to support your claim?

Actually the law of universal gravitation has been superceded by Einsteins theory of general relativity. There is no current law of gravity. It is still taught because it gives a great approximation of the effects of gravity in most applications but it is no longer a law.

But you are basing it on a scientific theory, not a law. No more, no less than the scientific theory of evolution.

So are you intentionally trying to lie here by pretending Newton's law has still held up and wasn't superseded nearly 100 years ago?

Just curious because you do that a lot. Why do you feel the need to attempt to lie to support your claim?
are you saying that in some cases if you jump off a 10 story building you could go up instead of down???

I've tried to be specific but you spend so much time attacking and insulting this conversation is all over the place

You literally threw out that youtube video of a non-scientist who likes the belief UFO's are being flown by satan over the hundreds of scientific studies using facts to support the scientific theory.

Then yes I attack and insult you for lying or intentionally trying to hide actual facts. I will continue to do that because I don't think lying and intentionally hiding scientific fact is a good way to make your point. When a scientific fact debunks your belief, that should end your belief. Instead you attempt to hide the fact to hold onto your belief.

Last edited:

are you saying that in some cases if you jump off a 10 story building you could go up instead of down???

Nope the scientific theory which has been proven with facts over and over says you will go down. It is a theory because there are some circumstances which aren't fully explained, even though we know they work.

Just like the scientific theory of evolution has been proven with facts over and over.

If you want, you can stick your head in the ground when the scientists show the evidence and believe the crackpots that say you will fly up, or that evolution isn't real. You can say "it's only a theory" I'll take the scientific facts and the scientific theories they support.

I'll stick with science and proven facts.

Forum List

Back