Interesting video on science deniers.

Then summarize a couple of points for us.

The video describes accusations against skeptics of social science and how they are sometimes compared to Creationists, as though social "sciences" are on par with natural sciences. In the first place, Creationists advocate for their completely non-verifiable, non-falsifiable religious beliefs by attempting to nitpick at a legitimate field of science and discredit it, specifically Evolutionary Theory. They're trying to take down Evolutionary Theory to push their own religious belief in Creationism. Skeptics of humanities and social sciences aren't trying to further a claim of their own, they are simply skeptical of those fields. They don't want to replace it with anything, they simply want it massively defunded so society can focus on important matters. Any field of study that has not, is not currently, and has no reasonable likelihood in the future of advancing us technologically is obviously of dubious value and may be counter-productive.

The video also points out that many of the original advocates of social science at least had the intellectual honesty to acknowledge that their field is more subjective, and therefore less legitimate. Additionally, attempting to elevate anything that is more interpretive in nature to the status of a science is anti-scientific. The physical sciences would be sullied by being placed in any common category with more subjective fields. In summation, we need to defund everything except STEM, and directly vocational training.

The video describes accusations against skeptics of social science and how they are sometimes compared to Creationists, as though social "sciences" are on par with natural sciences.
Neat. But are theae critics qualified to criticize the science they are whining about? I would like to know that.

And i disagree that all social sciences are not true, empirical science.

The video describes accusations against skeptics of social science and how they are sometimes compared to Creationists, as though social "sciences" are on par with natural sciences.
Neat. But are theae critics qualified to criticize the science they are whining about? I would like to know that.

And i disagree that all social sciences are not true, empirical science.

I don't need to become an expert in Theology to recognize religious bullshit, nor do I need to get "educated" in gender studies, ethnic studies, postmodernism, intersectionality, critical theory etc. to recognize pseudo-intellectual bullshit.

Forum List

Back