Forrest Gump is the greatest movie of all time

If you disagree I don't even care. That means you're a fool.

It shouldn't have even won the best Oscar, Pulp Fiction is better, Shawshank Redemption is better.

Agreed. It's too saccharin. Pulp Fiction is far more watchable again. Though Gump has a nice summer time sound track that can please everyone, it is non offensive and usually everyone will tolerate it. It's like a commercial of those with no brain.

Gump is, after all, the best of American propaganda. IT IS, in it's essence, Hollywood.

Well, if someone told me, I was to be stranded with only one movie to watch, for the rest of my life, and they gave me a choice between Gump and something else, I would never want to be stuck with a Hanks movie. I get tired of watching him.

I think I would probably pick a Star Wars movie, The Princess Bride, or maybe The Shawshank Redemption.

hahahah You wouldnt want to be stranded with the movie CASTAWAY?

What a frickin' nightmare. . . .

Hanks really knows how to pick the snore fests. .

It shouldn't have even won the best Oscar, Pulp Fiction is better, Shawshank Redemption is better.

Agreed. It's too saccharin. Pulp Fiction is far more watchable again. Though Gump has a nice summer time sound track that can please everyone, it is non offensive and usually everyone will tolerate it. It's like a commercial of those with no brain.

Gump is, after all, the best of American propaganda. IT IS, in it's essence, Hollywood.

Oh God... are you saying that you watched Pulp Fiction AGAIN?!

:puke:

Congratulations on bringing up Shawshank Redemption! That's the first real contender! :clap:

We'll all try to pretend to forget you typed that other movie that only middle schoolers who are trying to be cool think is good.

Normally I don't like, or at least am not impressed with Quentin Tarantino. What he does is not necessarily just for people who want cool, but also for film students. They love this kind of film because it has so many messages in, and then you can write essays about it.

But Pulp Fiction is probably Tarantino's best film. I'd watch it again, I think I have. I wouldn't say it's the best film ever, but it beats Forrrest Gump.

Well, I loved Forrest Gump, as an eye opener, love story/feel good/(or feel bad if you've thought or treated those with learning disabilities as 'lesser') type movie...

but I think movies like the "Empire Strikes Back", when Darth told Luke, "No, I am your father" and my jaw fell to the ground, and a feel good movie like the original "Rocky" are better than Forrest Gump!

:D

Well, if someone told me, I was to be stranded with only one movie to watch, for the rest of my life, and they gave me a choice between Gump and something else, I would never want to be stuck with a Hanks movie. I get tired of watching him.

I think I would probably pick a Star Wars movie, The Princess Bride, or maybe The Shawshank Redemption.

either that one or that movie where he was stuck in the airport , hahahah guess it could be a double feature.

but i did like Gump a lot, i saw it when it first Came out , I thought it was really great at the time but, you know, sometimes it drops off after the second or third viewing

No way is pulp fiction better than Gump, relied on too much violence even though i will admit it was also brilliant, Its viewable by a smaller audience which is the problem. Gump was a comedy yet took you through a gamut of emotions but also took you through a trip in History, and they did a pretty good job in blending it all

It only took you "though the gamut of emotions" if you had the emotional depth of a suburban seventh grade girl.

Gump was cute and predictable, but it was peddling soft core propaganda. It was trite and silly. It's emotional and acting depth wasn't much deeper than the TV from whence Hanks got his start.

I'm sure it was quite popular in Cube, China and N. Korea. :lmao:

either that one or that movie where he was stuck in the airport , hahahah guess it could be a double feature.

but i did like Gump a lot, i saw it when it first Came out , I thought it was really great at the time but, you know, sometimes it drops off after the second or third viewing

I completely agree. That's what I mean by re-watch able. Once is enough. It doesn't have any depth. It's story is worn right out there on it's sleeve. If you watch a movie by, say, Stanley Kubrick, every single time you watch it you pick out something new you didn't see the last time.

So I was just saying, if you had to watch a movie over and over again, I wouldn't want to pick a flick with Hanks in it. If I was forced to, I'd probably go with Ron Howard's Apollo 13. Maybe Gump. I dunno. Bout the same.

In a single viewing, sure, it isn't too bad, it's actually pretty good. But it is kind of a kid's fairy tale, It also tries to manipulate the way the simple minded look at the world as well.

Sorry , I dont really see the propaganda, It was just a movie. I thought it was a pretty good one, not saying it was the best. Im not sure what that would be. One of th eproblems I had with Gump though, Is I never was a Sally Fields fan

nothing special to me. What is the main idea there? Somebody explain.

The Godfather 1 might be a solid contender, Al Pacino was pretty good

I would. :lol: WILSON!!!!

I would. :lol: WILSON!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA Wilson was quite the drama queen in that flick wasnt he ? especially that part with him helplessly floating away...... bwwahhaha. i think I saw him in another movie, wasnt it that David Beckam flick? He really got the shit kicked out of him in that one.

Prometheus, Shawshank Redemtion, Castaway, Silence of the Lambs, Pulp Fiction, Genghis Khan, The Horseman, Tender Mercies, The Man Who Would Be King, Clockwork Orange and Performance

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

Forum List

Back