Former Bush strategist floats idea of third-party 'GOP' to derail Donald Trump

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
File under: very, very weird.

Former Bush strategist floats idea of third-party 'GOP' to derail Donald Trump

McKinnon presented three possible scenarios when asked if he thought the Trump juggernaut could continue for another year...

..."Scenario one is the conventional wisdom, which is that Super PACs will unload on him," he said. "Carly Fiorina and Jeb Bush and others will beat up on him and that that will ultimately mean that he fades away. If that was going to happen, it would've happened by now."

"I think a more likely scenario is that he sustains now, goes all the way through the nominating process and actually gathers enough delegates - not the nomination, but enough delegates - to be a real nuisance at the convention where he can leverage some agreement or get something out of it so that he can walk away with a win," he added. But there was a third scenario, which he admitted was "wild and improbable."

"He starts to gather enough delegates where it actually looks like he could win the nomination," McKinnon said. "The Republican establishment completely freaks out. They get together and say, this is unacceptable, but it looks like it's going to happen. So we go off, and we create a new Republican Party as an Independent candidacy and draft somebody who's tanned, rested and ready to go and with a lot of money, somebody like Mitt Romney."

Yes, very, very weird.

Didn't the Republican Party just demand that Trump sign a pledge that he would not run 3rd party were he to not get the nomination?

Hmmmmmm.....

Another desperate, hand wringing thread from the town kook. Say it, Stat... President Trump.
Should we tell Stat FORMER means FIRED/UNEMPLOYED?
Nah, lets keep that hush hush for now.

Sure Pinky, because working as a media strategy consultant for George W. Bush is exactly like working for Union Carbide making widgets.

What's George W. Bush running for today, Pinkie?

Dumb shit....

Another desperate, hand wringing thread from the town kook. Say it, Stat... President Trump.

Sure Pinky, because working as a media strategy consultant for George W. Bush is exactly like working for Union Carbide making widgets.

Dumb shit....
Is he or is he not UNEMPLOYED Darkie?

Dumb shit....

I don't know what the fuck color he is Pinkie, but the article itself describes him as "retired".

That OK with you or what?
Are retired people not allowed opinions unless they Sync with the Pink?

Dumb shit....

I don't know what the fuck color he is Pinkie, but the article itself describes him as "retired".

All he is doing is running his mouth. BUT YOU are making me laugh. POGO supporting AND defending George Bush! Now that is funny!

Dumb shit....

All he is doing is running his mouth. BUT YOU are making me laugh. POGO supporting AND defending George Bush! Now that is funny!

I've posted nothing about "George Bush" Pinkie. I pointed out that a temporary consulting position is... uh... temporary. DUH. :banghead:

Apparently your linear time skills are right down there with those of reading comprehension.

Forum List

Back