for those who would jail me for hiring illegals

Neither him nor I are corporations. Your analogy fails on its face.

I will ask this again. Why are coorporations leaving this country?

Coorporations are leaving America because they would rather pay a child tens cents a day for the same labor they would have to pay an American fifty dollars a day.

It it about the coorporations bottom line---profit. There is no humanity is this mentality.
If they can't exploit the worker in the US--they will exploit workers somewhere.

^^Obviously a Union Thug.

This adds nothing to the conversation. It only shows your lack of ability to stand with your premise that has fallen about fast.

It shows I've yet to see a rational argument on this topic. The immigrant bashers are so full of fear and hatred it's virtually impossible to discuss how we might reform immigration policy in a productive way. So jokes aren't a bad alternative.
No jackass. We have laws about not hiring people that are here illegally.

What part of that don't you get?

I have a small concrete business and I've hired what you call "illegals" in the past. .

What do YOU call them if not "illegals"?

People trying to provide a better life to their families?

Damn them all to hell for their self-centered greed.
To a great extent that applies to both sides of the "fence".

The issue here is we do have a fence and we do have laws in our sovern nation just as every nation does (I think?). Virtually all at least have immigration laws and rules and such.

Illegal Immigration has cost this country so much..

Nonsense.

The advise I gave my children, and giving to my grandchildren, is to learn a marketable skill, be the best the can be , be flexible and ready to move to wherever the jobs are and not to worry about the competition.

I spent many years in college where I learned a profession in which I can earn an excellent salary. I paid my dues. Let everyone else do the same.

It shows I've yet to see a rational argument on this topic. The immigrant bashers are so full of fear and hatred it's virtually impossible to discuss how we might reform immigration policy in a productive way. So jokes aren't a bad alternative.

Wrong, you failed to comprehend rational explanations. I gave you firm examples of how it hurts Americans and our economy and you chose to ignore it. And by the way I'm for Newts plan. I have no fear of illegals. I fear the corrupt employers that kill a fair market by breaking the rules.

Stupid fuck.

It didn't bother you in the least when war criminal Bush broke the rules by invading countries under false pretenses and blew 1 trillion in the process!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first of all I wasn't on this board when bush started the wars so how the hell do you know what my position on that issue was? (I think that makes you the stupid fuck btw)

Secondly your so far off topic you can't even see the topic. ( ill accept that as your admission of debate failure)

Nonsense.

The advise I gave my children, and giving to my grandchildren, is to learn a marketable skill, be the best the can be , be flexible and ready to move to wherever the jobs are and not to worry about the competition.

I spent many years in college where I learned a profession in which I can earn an excellent salary. I paid my dues. Let everyone else do the same.

I'm happy for you but it's not nonsense. Illegal Immigration has lowered wages significantly for American Workers. And the Unions have sold their members out. They get paid to get Democrats elected yet they're the ones who are in full support of open borders. The Union Bosses have been bought off for sure. Illegal Immigration and Outsourcing have crippled American wages. It's time to help American Citizens out. It's time to secure our borders.

Last edited:
We have laws about not hiring people that are here illegally.

I think they are stupid laws. I don't, in general, support disobeying the law. But when the law is irrational and unjust, civil disobedience is a reasonable response.

We have laws about not hiring people that are here illegally.

I think they are stupid laws. I don't, in general, support disobeying the law. But when the law is irrational and unjust, civil disobedience is a reasonable response.

Hiring an illegal is not civil disobedience. It's criminal disobedience.

Nonsense.

Many do and still wind up in need of assistance in life.

Just too bad?

I read an excellent, tongue-in-cheek commentary (supposedly by some Mexican official), offering a one-to-one amnesty exchange. For every "illegal" we send back, they'll send back an expat hippie.

This add jocularity to the conversation, but we don't need that at this time.

What we need you to do is blame the Mexicans for our problems just like Adolf blamed the Jews. Never mind that no one single federal politician is of Mexican descent.

As always , Heil Hitler.

Hey dickhead, I'm the one involved in this debate and not once have I blamed the illegals. I've blamed the employers like the op for creating the problem. So stop changing the facts to suit your own stupid argument.

You have failed.

Pay him no mind. The only argument he has is OMGHITLERBAD. It's the ultimate failure of reasoning.

It didn't bother you in the least when war criminal Bush broke the rules by invading countries under false pretenses and blew 1 trillion in the process!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And how the Hell does that mean that we should stop enforcing immigration laws or that we should make those laws weaker?

What is so stupid about having a reasonable immigration policy that preserves the interests of our citizens?

I have a small concrete business and I've hired what you call "illegals" in the past. .

What do YOU call them if not "illegals"?

People trying to provide a better life to their families?

Damn them all to hell for their self-centered greed.

They sure should try to provide a better life for their families - in their home countries. Or, they could try to provide that better life here if they come legally and respect our laws and our sovereignty. What part of that is so fucking hard to understand?

What about Americans who are out of work and would like to provide a better life for their families? Maybe they should just continue to live out of their cars, stand in line at the soup kitchen. Damm Americans --- how dare they want a job. How dare they complain about line jumpers.

If you pitty illegals so much let them have your job---not mine or my neighbors.

I don't buy the zero sum game nonsense. There is as much wealth, and as many jobs as there are people who want to work. Our economy gets out of balance and people sometimes end up sitting around waiting for a job opportunity to appear - but the notion that every immigrant hired for a job equals and American out of work is nonsense.

The unfairness of all this is that the illegal immigrants are working off the books and not contributing to the tax base, and working as second-class citizens. We can get angry at them and spew xenophobic hatred - but in my view what's broken is the body of immigration law.

I don't know where your getting your facts from. But the general numbers go like this: There are roughly 11 million plus illegal aliens in the United States. At the same time there are 10 million Americans out of work. Deport all illegals and jobs will open for Americans.

Not only that I see first hand what hiring illegal aliens has done to my community and it is disgusting. Packing sheds, manufactures, and retail stores alike hire illegal after illegal and when an American ask for an application the response is almost always, "Sorry we don't have job for you."

Not only is it unfair for an employer to have its employees work off the books and not pay taxes. This mentality has created unfair labor competition by keeping wages low and increasing profit for the company, while these same employers use the local roads to transport goods to and from where ever they need their services to travel. Yet arn't paying the taxes to pave the roads. Putting that burden on ligitimate companies.
I've known a few small business owners in the construction industry.
This is what they told me.

Hire an American citizen for $15.00 an hour (or more). Withhold federal and state income tax. Withhold SS tax and match it. Withhold Medicare tax. Send those withholding's to the government.

Hire an illegal alien for $15.00 an hour (or more). Withhold federal and state income tax. Withhold SS tax and match it. Withhold Medicare tax. Don't send those withholding's to the government.

Both employees see the same amount in their paycheck, but it costs a lot less for the employer to hire illegals. It's not like the illegals can complain about it.

Nonsense.

Just too bad?

I will temporarily support any one who I PERSONALLY KNOW that through no fault of their own, are unemployed.

Fedgov has no authority whatsoever to steal from A in order to support B.

Nonsense.

Just too bad?

I will temporarily support any one who I PERSONALLY KNOW that through no fault of their own, are unemployed.

Fedgov has no authority whatsoever to steal from A in order to support B.

Considering how dumb you are you probably don't have many friends so your risk is minimal to make such statements about supporting others.

Forum List

Back