Folks, it's already too late.

I wish I had a dollar for every time a member of The Following had to retreat to the last line of defense, stating Trump has not yet been convicted of a crime. Neither has Hillary, who has never been indicted by a grand jury, but that doesn't stop you folks from claiming she broke the law.
As far as I am aware Hillary never had to pay a $2M fine for stealing money from a charity. Never was ordered to pay a total of $88.3M after a jury determined she raped someone. Never agreed to pay $25M to settle a fraud case. Never settled with the DoJ in a race discrimination suit. Has not been sued hundreds of times for unethical/illegal behavior. Has not been found guilty of fraud in the state of NY. Does not have 91 pending counts of criminal behavior awaiting trial in numerous jurisdictions.
You don’t think it’s obvious that these Marxist democrats like yourself are so concerned with allegations against trump from forty-plus years ago suddenly become worthy of interest after he becomes potus?
You’re just another phony who has no idea how bad you make things for yourself. Just rooting for a team. No analysis.

I'm speaking to my fellow progressives when I make this observation.

It is painfully apparent the unfounded, as I write this, allegations of corruption made about Joe Biden with respect to his son are now permanently part of the conservative lexicon. No amount of refutation has in any way diminished their blind devotion to it. They're all in.

This phenomenon is hardly unique. We see other examples of it all the time. Everything from bamboo in the ballots to Fast and Furious to Crossfire Hurricane to "Obama is a Muslim" and everything in between. Endless posts with irrefutable factual content laying to waste the falsehoods they've adopted break like waves on a seawall. Their beliefs are as impenetrable as they are intransigent.

I don't believe progressives have cornered the market on the truth. Nor do I believe everything that is part of the liberal lexicon is wholly, factually, accurate. But I can find no liberal equivalence to the pervasive belief on the part of Repubs in the Big Lie. Or the extent to which conspiracy theories are central to their narratives.
Nearly 700 days later, most Republicans still believe Trump’s big lie
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ost-republicans-still-believe-trumps-big-lie/

What can be done? Persist. Persist in the hope that even if they can not bring themselves to admit it on this forum they will come to know the facts. Persist in the hope we can someday have constructive conversations over issues with which we disagree without having to argue about the color of the sky. Persist in the hope we can eventually move past the vitriol and work, TOGETHER, to address the nation's very consequential problems. IMO, Repubs have lost their way. We must remain hopeful they will find it again or all is lost.

Yeah..now you know how the righties feel about you all when it comes to….everything about trump.

Ain’t politics grand? And we can spend hours upon hours here bickering at each other, pointlessly, feeding our animosity appetite, just as big government wants. Keep us at each others throats rather than looking at them.

Woohoo!

It's a message board. That's social media.
I guess I don't believe the level of anonymity on an obscure message board is equivalent to that of FakeBook or Twatter social media platform. People give up their complete anonymity using these current social media platforms. It would be stupid to equate them.

Message boards are somewhat social media, in that you still interact with people, but you give fuck all about them. Pixels on a screen. :dunno:

Did you actually read the article or did you just read the clickbsot headline? All it says is that a lab leak is a possibility which we’ve always known.

What it does not say, is that a lab leak happened or that they believe that a lab leak happened.

If the left has “zero interest in working with anybody”, how had Biden managed to pass SO MUCH major legislation since he was elected with only 51 votes in the Senate????

Bullshit. anyone who brought it up as a possibility in 2020 and 2021 was called a conspiracy nutter. Stop trying to retcon history.

Because RINO's are gutless quislings?

I'm speaking to my fellow progressives when I make this observation.

It is painfully apparent the unfounded, as I write this, allegations of corruption made about Joe Biden with respect to his son are now permanently part of the conservative lexicon. No amount of refutation has in any way diminished their blind devotion to it. They're all in.

This phenomenon is hardly unique. We see other examples of it all the time. Everything from bamboo in the ballots to Fast and Furious to Crossfire Hurricane to "Obama is a Muslim" and everything in between. Endless posts with irrefutable factual content laying to waste the falsehoods they've adopted break like waves on a seawall. Their beliefs are as impenetrable as they are intransigent.

I don't believe progressives have cornered the market on the truth. Nor do I believe everything that is part of the liberal lexicon is wholly, factually, accurate. But I can find no liberal equivalence to the pervasive belief on the part of Repubs in the Big Lie. Or the extent to which conspiracy theories are central to their narratives.
Nearly 700 days later, most Republicans still believe Trump’s big lie
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ost-republicans-still-believe-trumps-big-lie/

What can be done? Persist. Persist in the hope that even if they can not bring themselves to admit it on this forum they will come to know the facts. Persist in the hope we can someday have constructive conversations over issues with which we disagree without having to argue about the color of the sky. Persist in the hope we can eventually move past the vitriol and work, TOGETHER, to address the nation's very consequential problems. IMO, Repubs have lost their way. We must remain hopeful they will find it again or all is lost.
Fast & Furious and Operation Crossfire Hurricane didn't happen? The Bidens aren't corrupt? With all due respect, Berg? You on the left have a bad habit of lying about things and then whining about it when your lies are exposed!

You say we need to move past the vitriol in a post that spews allegation of a "Big Lie". That we need to come together to fix the nation's problems? The biggest problem the American people see right now is the border. That's something that Joe Biden could have fixed long ago with Executive Orders. Why hasn't he?

Fast & Furious and Operation Crossfire Hurricane didn't happen? The Bidens aren't corrupt? With all due respect, Berg? You on the left have a bad habit of lying about things and then whining about it when your lies are exposed!

You say we need to move past the vitriol in a post that spews allegation of a "Big Lie". That we need to come together to fix the nation's problems? The biggest problem the American people see right now is the border. That's something that Joe Biden could have fixed long ago with Executive Orders. Why hasn't he?

All Biden had to do was return the situation to where President Trump had it.

Why hasn't he?
Because his team wants open borders.
They will deny that, the denies are lies.

Last edited:

Posters such as Berg probably do not know anything about what goes on in the real world.
Berg exists solely within a world created and maintained by the Democrat Media Bubble Cult.

All Biden had to do was return the situation to where President Trump had it.

Why hasn't he?
Because his team wants open borders.
They will deny that, the denies are lies.
The Bill in the Senate would be a solution to your “open borders” complaints.

But you don’t actually want to solve this issue

You want the ISSUE itself

The Bill in the Senate would be a solution to your “open borders” complaints.

But you don’t actually want to solve this issue

You want the ISSUE itself
Bullshit, Lesh! The fact is that Joe Biden has had the ability to secure the border all along. He opened it with Executive Orders...he could have secured it the same way. Everything that's happening now because of the 8 million illegals you on the left have let into the country is on Biden. It's simple common sense that you can't have an entitlement society and open borders because you can't pay for all of the services to all of the migrants that would attract! But let's be honest...common sense isn't a liberal strong suit! So let's sit back and watch as liberal Mayors in cities like Boston, New York, Chicago, Denver, San Francisco and Los Angelos try to figure out how to pay for schooling and healthcare for all of their new "constituents"! It's gonna be a hoot! :)

Bullshit, Lesh! The fact is that Joe Biden has had the ability to secure the border all along. He opened it with Executive Orders...he could have secured it the same way. Everything that's happening now because of the 8 million illegals you on the left have let into the country is on Biden. It's simple common sense that you can't have an entitlement society and open borders because you can't pay for all of the services to all of the migrants that would attract! But let's be honest...common sense isn't a liberal strong suit! So let's sit back and watch as liberal Mayors in cities like Boston, New York, Chicago, Denver, San Francisco and Los Angelos try to figure out how to pay for schooling and healthcare for all of their new "constituents"! It's gonna be a hoot! :)
JUST shutting down the border is not a solution . Illegals will just switch to remote sections like they did under Trump when he did that.

This is a comprehensive solution that shuts down entry when the system becomes overwhelmed.

Trump (and by extension YOU) are against it because you want the issue… not a solution

You don’t think it’s obvious that these Marxist democrats like yourself are so concerned with allegations against trump from forty-plus years ago suddenly become worthy of interest after he becomes potus?
Credible allegations of him sexually abusing women go back to the 1970's and continue today. Why aren't you concerned about the moral character of the potential prez?

JUST shutting down the border is not a solution . Illegals will just switch to remote sections like they did under Trump when he did that.

This is a comprehensive solution that shuts down entry when the system becomes overwhelmed.

Trump (and by extension YOU) are against it because you want the issue… not a solution
The last month of Trump's administration illegal border crossings were down to 40K. They are now at over 10 times that amount.

You're obviously full of shit.

The last month of Trump's administration illegal border crossings were down to 40K. They are now at over 10 times that amount.

You're obviously full of shit.
You mean during COVID when the economy was essentially shut down and there was no work?

Real understanding behind the 14th amendment huh Richard.
Or should I say Dick.Or maybe Dickie.
Maybe Dickie boy.

Keep your obsession with dicks to yourself, asshole.

Whether you like it or not, SCOTUS will bar Trump from ever holding any office again.

The Scotus Conservative justices believe in 'original intent' when interpreting the Constitution, so they are the ones most likely to bar Trump.

Sorry for you loser! (NOT!)

Forum List

Back