Florida Pastor Arrested Before He Could Burn 2,998 Qurans On Anniversary Of 9-11

Sorry bout that,

1. Those books were his property, he can do what he will with them.
2. No laws were broken.
3. I think he should settle out of court for 500,000 k for unlawful arrest.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Laws WERE broken: the trailer was not tagged, and he was transporting kerosene unsafely!

Which had not one thing to do with his disposing of his own personal property. He broke no law regarding the burning of the Qurans if he, himself, owned them. I must look for mine. I think I will finish reading it and the Upanishads this winter when I am playing snowbird in Gulf Shores. I doubt I'll burn it though. I have trouble getting rid of books.

And for the 100th time he wasn't arrested for anything involving that.

If you think about it.......the nut case preacher was hauling a highly explosive WMD down a public road.

And endangering the lives of people in other cars; and the homes and business that line the street he was driving on. .. :eek:

Kerosene is not highly flammable or at all explosive. It takes a deliberate effort to get kerosene burning.

or a car crash. The reason these laws are in place is simple enough; accidents happen and, if some idiot is carrying fuel unsafely, bang.

Okay, petrol this time but it shows what happens when you mix an idiot and fuel.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you think about it.......the nut case preacher was hauling a highly explosive WMD down a public road.

And endangering the lives of people in other cars; and the homes and business that line the street he was driving on. .. :eek:

Kerosene is not highly flammable or at all explosive. It takes a deliberate effort to get kerosene burning.

or a car crash. The reason these laws are in place is simple enough; accidents happen and, if some idiot is carrying fuel unsafely, bang.

Okay, petrol this time but it shows what happens when you mix an idiot and fuel.

You cannot show the love of God by going out of your way to offend them. Terry Jones is wrong in his approach. If Terry wants to make a change in this world he can go in his prayer closet and pray.

You cannot show the love of God by going out of your way to offend them. Terry Jones is wrong in his approach. If Terry wants to make a change in this world he can go in his prayer closet and pray.

If we can get enough people to take that on board, the hate merchants will be marginalised and love will shine through.

Can you imagine if the roles were reversed; and it was a muslim guy with a trailer load of kerosene soaked bibles, plus an illegal hand gun??

I have no doubt Homeland Security would have been called to the scene.

And the muslim man would have charged with terrorism, possession of a WMD, and end up doing a life sentence in Gitmo. .. :cool:

Do you think that would also be the case in Iran?
An illegal handgun is (by definition) illegal.
Should muslims be accorded rights and privileges in this country that they deny others in Islamic countries?
I have No idea what they would do in Iran and neither do you.

The thread topic is about a criminal act that took place in the U.S. involving an American citizen.

I know it's difficult for you, but try to focus on the topic at hand....... :cool:

Criminal act? If the man has not been charged-as stated in the link-no crime or misdemeanor has even been alleged much less proven. Possible infringement of civil rights is what makes the incident notable.

Can you imagine if the roles were reversed; and it was a muslim guy with a trailer load of kerosene soaked bibles, plus an illegal hand gun??

And the muslim man would have charged with terrorism, possession of a WMD, and end up doing a life sentence in Gitmo. .. :cool:

Good point.

Lots of drama in this post. We just had a Muslim shoot up Ft. Hood, he had a fair trial and was guilty. Guess what? NO GITMO! NO TERRORISM CHARGE!

Relax, you sound like a mad hysterical Aussie girl.

Trailer, no tags. Kerosene soaked books, concealed weapon, no permit.

The guy is an idiot and deserves to be arrested.

Lots of drama in this post. We just had a Muslim shoot up Ft. Hood, he had a fair trial and was guilty. Guess what? NO GITMO! NO TERRORISM CHARGE!
Completely different circumstances.

It was an act of workplace violence and no WMD was involved. .. :cool:

That's because at 4:58 p.m., the 61-year-old pastor was pulled over by sheriff's deputies a couple of miles away. He was a passenger in a pickup truck driven by Marvin Wayne Sapp, 44, an associate pastor in Jones' Dove World Outreach Center.

The truck towed a large, smoker-style grill that Jones was going to use as an incinerator. In the smoker were the condemned Qurans.

Some of the books were soaked in kerosene, said Fran Ingram, spokeswoman for the church. The Polk County Sheriff's Office arrested Jones on felony charges of unlawful conveyance of fuel and open display of a firearm.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said deputies saw Jones at a McDonalds in Mulberry and watched as he doused the books with kerosene on his way to the park.

“He was told that if he was going to come to Polk County and violate the law, he would be going to jail,” the sheriff said at a news conference Wednesday night.

The sheriff said dumping kerosene onto the books presented a hazardous situation. “He was potentially driving a bomb around if he had gotten into a crash.”

Judd said Sapp was charged with several civil traffic violations, including towing a trailer with no lights, safety chain or tag.

Rev. Jones arrested on way to burn Qurans in Polk County

Well then, it wouldn't have mattered if the smoker was full of red oak or pecan. It isn't what he had in the cooker, but the manner in which the cooker was being transported - contents soaked with fuel, and the violations of traffic code.

No real problem with the outcome from this corner.

Completely different circumstances.

It was an act of workplace violence and no WMD was involved. .. :cool:

No with this administration, it was a terrorist attack and they played games with it from day. Your idea is pure BS.

They both look like gasoline fires. And in the first you can't see the color of the container which is usually blue for kerosene.

I wish humanity would give up religion.

Stands against personal freedom and liberty.

I wish misguided atheists would just shut up. They get tiresome.

Still no where near as annoying as a self righteous Christian. I would say about 60% of Christians are good, the other 40% are a bunch of hypocritical assholes. And they never seem to be able to think for themselves.

That guy and the gasoline,holy shit what a boat load of dumbass.

That guy and the gasoline,holy shit what a boat load of dumbass.

Thats the only reason this guy was arrested. He was a dumbass that thought he was above the law.

All day every day trucks are on the highways pulling metal trailers containing untold thousands of gals. of much more highly flammable gasoline making deliveries to gas stations. Why aren't our policemen making arrests to protect us from this deadly danger?! Not only that but people without the first bit of training handling hazardous materials are pumping gasoline into their vehicles and transporting those fuel tanks on the highways with absolutely no concern for innocent bystanders while other people use kerosene and other flammable liquids to light charcoal in BBQ's right on porches and patios and in the presence women and children. O the horror!!

All day every day trucks are on the highways pulling metal trailers containing untold thousands of gals. of much more highly flammable gasoline making deliveries to gas stations. Why aren't our policemen making arrests to protect us from this deadly danger?! Not only that but people without the first bit of training handling hazardous materials are pumping gasoline into their vehicles and transporting those fuel tanks on the highways with absolutely no concern for innocent bystanders while other people use kerosene and other flammable liquids to light charcoal in BBQ's right on porches and patios and in the presence women and children. O the horror!!

That would be because those trucks are designed to transport flammable liquids hence the big "flammable" sign on it. Same thing with car gas tanks. Pumping gas comes with an implied risk that everyone is willing to take and thats why there are no laws against it. When you are too dumb to realize you have become a menace by basically creating a mobile bomb you deserve to be arrested. They should have tased him for being stupid and attempting to agitate people that are Islamic as well.

That would be because those trucks are designed to transport flammable liquids hence the big "flammable" sign on it. Same thing with car gas tanks. Pumping gas comes with an implied risk that everyone is willing to take and thats why there are no laws against it. When you are too dumb to realize you have become a menace by basically creating a mobile bomb you deserve to be arrested. They should have tased him for being stupid and attempting to agitate people that are Islamic as well.

What is really stupid is thinking that he had somehow made a mobile bomb. I think maybe you're are lucky that stupidity isn't against the law even though you think they should be punished for it.

"They should have tased him for being stupid and attempting to agitate people that are Islamic as well."

Then they also should have tased the muslims who antagonized people by having a "Million muslim march" on 9/11

Forum List

Back