Florida Pastor Arrested Before He Could Burn 2,998 Qurans On Anniversary Of 9-11

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
Interesting. Apparently it's ok to burn bibles and the American flag but not the Quran. I am curious to what the unspecified charges would be. I think it would have been great to see him exercise his freedom of expression.

Florida pastor arrested before he could burn 2,998 Qurans on anniversary of 9/11 attacks | Fox News

MULBERRY, Fla. – A Florida pastor has been arrested before he could set fire to almost 3,000 Qurans.

Polk County sheriff's officials say the Rev. Terry Jones and his associate pastor were arrested on unspecified felony charges in the small central Florida town of Mulberry on Wednesday. A news conference is scheduled for later Wednesday to announce specific charges.

Media reports show he was stopped in a pickup truck that was towing a metal trailer filled with Qurans soaked in kerosene. He had said he planned to burn 2,998 Qurans — one for every victim who died in the 9/11 attacks 12 years ago.

Jones is the pastor of a small evangelical Christian church. His congregation burned a Quran in March 2011 and last year he promoted an anti-Muslim film. His actions have sparked violence in the Middle East and Afghanistan.

Interesting. Apparently it's ok to burn bibles and the American flag but not the Quran. I am curious to what the unspecified charges would be. I think it would have been great to see him exercise his freedom of expression.

Florida pastor arrested before he could burn 2,998 Qurans on anniversary of 9/11 attacks | Fox News

MULBERRY, Fla. – A Florida pastor has been arrested before he could set fire to almost 3,000 Qurans.

Polk County sheriff's officials say the Rev. Terry Jones and his associate pastor were arrested on unspecified felony charges in the small central Florida town of Mulberry on Wednesday. A news conference is scheduled for later Wednesday to announce specific charges.

Media reports show he was stopped in a pickup truck that was towing a metal trailer filled with Qurans soaked in kerosene. He had said he planned to burn 2,998 Qurans — one for every victim who died in the 9/11 attacks 12 years ago.

Jones is the pastor of a small evangelical Christian church. His congregation burned a Quran in March 2011 and last year he promoted an anti-Muslim film. His actions have sparked violence in the Middle East and Afghanistan.

I'm thinking he forgot to get a permit from the Fire Dept.

We have a presidunce with his tongue so far up muslim ass he licks their eyeballs from the inside. You know that these policies are going to be followed everywhere. The enemy of liberals is freedom.

And yet, rw's threw a fit when Obama ordered bin Laden killed.

Hint: Let's kill the bad guys and leave other people alone.

He's an asshole. Simply because someone has the right to freely speak or express their opinion doesn't mean they have the intelligence or judgment to exercise those rights with circumspection. Of course that applies to each and every post of your's which I've read too.

Did little o obama order Bin Laden killed or was he too dithered to give the order and just took credit for it later?

I'm thinking you don't need a permit from the fire department for driving on a road.

He's an asshole. Simply because someone has the right to freely speak or express their opinion doesn't mean they have the intelligence or judgment to exercise those rights with circumspection. Of course that applies to each and every post of your's which I've read too.

He might be an asshole, but it is not illegal to be an asshole.

By the way, since you are so big on not doing something just because it is legal, when the fuck are you going to stop positing drivel?

I'm thinking you don't need a permit from the fire department for driving on a road.

"Media reports show he was stopped in a pickup truck that was towing a metal trailer filled with Qurans soaked in kerosene."

Seriously? Did you miss that part?

Republicans hoping for more Americans killed overseas they could blame on Obama. The more the better.

Don't worry. They'll think of something. If it's dirty, Republicans will think of it.

Fla. pastor Terry Jones arrested before he could burn Qurans | US National Headlines | Comcast

Polk County sheriff’s deputies arrested Pastor Terry Jones, 61, and his associate pastor, Marvin Sapp Jr., 34, on felony charges as he drove a pickup truck towing a large barbecue-style grill filled with Qurans soaked in kerosene. He had said he was heading to a nearby park to burn 2,998 Qurans — one for every victim of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Sheriff’s officials said they would hold a news conference later Wednesday to discuss specific charges.

Interested on what charges they have made against him ??????????????????:eusa_whistle:

"Media reports show he was stopped in a pickup truck that was towing a metal trailer filled with Qurans soaked in kerosene."

Seriously? Did you miss that part?

What does that have to do with your asinine comment that he didn't have a fire permit?

Fla. Pastor Arrested Before He Could Burn Qurans - ABC News
Polk County sheriff's deputies arrested Pastor Terry Jones, 61, and his associate pastor, Marvin Sapp Jr., 44, each on a felony charge of unlawful conveyance of fuel as they travelled in a pickup truck towing a large barbecue-style grill filled with Qurans soaked in kerosene. Jones had said he was heading to a nearby park to burn 2,998 Qurans — one for every victim of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Sheriff's officials said that Jones was also charged with unlawful open-carry of a firearm, a misdemeanor, and that Sapp faces a charge of having no valid registration for the trailer.

Forum List

Back