Florida mosque bombed

Wait a second, how is this not an act of terrorism?

Well...if it was done by a Sunni against a Shite mosque that could add a twist.

If it was done by mental patient, that would paint a different picture.

If it was done by the father of a slain military person.

If a husband was trying to kill his wife and not get caught...

Thing is...we don't have the answers yet.

How would any of those things, except the mental patient perhaps, stop it from being an act of terrorism?

The "kill his wife" theory is pretty far-fetched.

Be that as it may, if this were at a church and the chief suspect was a muslim, FoxNews in particular would be running it 24/7.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

Interesting.

Yet that didn't stop people from wanting to label the Fort Hood shootings "terrorism", or the bathroom smoker on the airplane....or the panty bomber....ahead of the facts.

Interesting.

Yet that didn't stop people from wanting to label the Fort Hood shootings "terrorism", or the bathroom smoker on the airplane....or the panty bomber....ahead of the facts.

I think most of the facts were evident early on. Let's distinguish between Reasonable belief of guilt, and Legally determined guilt through due process. You are free to presume what you want, but it always helps to recognize what is obvious and be open to disclosure. We are capable of doing both at the same time.

The guy detonated a pipe bomb in a place of worship.

That sounds like terrorism to me. Why the hell is this not all over the news?

No offence LWC, you are just waking up to the fact that the Press is heavily manipulated, We woke up a long way back. Ask Chris Matthews, or Anderson Cooper why it is not bin their interest to report current events.

Hey man, you know from past posts that I hate those talking heads. And yeah, they do manipulate, just like Fox does.

I want to know why NOBODY picked up on this though. That's a bunch of bullshit if you ask me.

I would have to guess that the reason this was not picked up on was the fact that, thankfully, no one was hurt. Even churches that get vandalized don't generally get noticed nationally, unless there is a wave of church arson cases as there were when black churches were being burned ten years or so ago. That was national news because it was a wave of violence. Alone the individual incidences would not have been noticed nationally, but when a trend started it became news.

I would hope that since there was little damage, the oil spill in the Gulf took center stage in the news.

I hope they catch this guy and find out what motivated the attack. If this is the beginning of a wave, I hope it can be nipped in the bud. If this was just one crazy individual who hates Muslims for whatever reason, I hope they stop him before he hurts or kills someone.

Immie

No offence LWC, you are just waking up to the fact that the Press is heavily manipulated, We woke up a long way back. Ask Chris Matthews, or Anderson Cooper why it is not bin their interest to report current events.

Hey man, you know from past posts that I hate those talking heads. And yeah, they do manipulate, just like Fox does.

I want to know why NOBODY picked up on this though. That's a bunch of bullshit if you ask me.

I would have to guess that the reason this was not picked up on was the fact that, thankfully, no one was hurt. Even churches that get vandalized don't generally get noticed nationally, unless there is a wave of church arson cases as there were when black churches were being burned ten years or so ago. That was national news because it was a wave of violence. Alone the individual incidences would not have been noticed nationally, but when a trend started it became news.

I would hope that since there was little damage, the oil spill in the Gulf took center stage in the news.

I hope they catch this guy and find out what motivated the attack. If this is the beginning of a wave, I hope it can be nipped in the bud. If this was just one crazy individual who hates Muslims for whatever reason, I hope they stop him before he hurts or kills someone.

Immie

I hope they catch the guy too. The reason behind not running the story, could be as simple as fear of contributing to Copy Cat bombers.

Immie

I hope they catch the guy too. The reason behind not running the story, could be as simple as fear of contributing to Copy Cat bombers.

You are right it could be, but I think the fact that no one was hurt played a major factor in the decision. Had anyone been hurt or killed, I think it would have been picked up.

If that is the case, then I guess we should all be thankful that none of us had heard about the incident.

Immie

Immie

Actually, that is a good point.

The Gulf Spill was dominating news. Even the massive floods in Tennessee received much smaller amounts of coverage than would normally occur.

One would think that they would have at least mentioned it though.

How would any of those things, except the mental patient perhaps, stop it from being an act of terrorism?

Be that as it may, if this were at a church and the chief suspect was a muslim, FoxNews in particular would be running it 24/7.

You asked how could this not be terrorism. Revenge is a motive for the military father and possibly the interfaith ones. Mental patient is an unbalanced person. The husband is just trying to throw off the police by killing at the mosque. It certainly could be terrorism. Again, that was not your question. Please feel free to not ask questions, if you really aren't looking for answers.

Immie

Actually, that is a good point.

The Gulf Spill was dominating news. Even the massive floods in Tennessee received much smaller amounts of coverage than would normally occur.

One would think that they would have at least mentioned it though.

Floods? In Tennessee? What'cha talkin; about Willis? :lol: j/k

Immie

You asked how could this not be terrorism. Revenge is a motive for the military father and possibly the interfaith ones. Mental patient is an unbalanced person. The husband is just trying to throw off the police by killing at the mosque. It certainly could be terrorism. Again, that was not your question. Please feel free to not ask questions, if you really aren't looking for answers.

Alright, fair enough.

But I'd say that it is very probable, given the description of the chief suspect, the area the incident occurred in (west Florida has a large racist population), and the current political atmosphere, that this is indeed a terrorist incident.

And, again, having these possibilities exist has never stopped the media from running stuff like this 24/7 before...

(FYI: I lived in west Florida for a year or 2. Quite near Immie actually. Still have a bunch of family there.)

Last edited:

Alright, fair enough.

But I'd say that it is very probable, given the description of the chief suspect, the area the incident occurred in (west Florida has a large racist population), and the current political atmosphere, that this is indeed a terrorist incident.

And, again, having these possibilities exist has never stopped the media from running stuff like this 24/7 before...

(FYI: I lived in west Florida for a year or 2. Quite near Immie actually. Still have a bunch of family there.)

Um, last I checked, Jacksonville was EAST Florida.

A huge racist problem? I don't know about that. We have our racists and I will say that it drives me crazy. I know some people who I would consider racists, but I don't know that the problem is any worse than anywhere else. I know some people I would call racist who actually hire black people to work in their business, but you should hear them talk about black people when there are none around. The amazing thing is that they appear to think that there is nothing wrong with that behavior.

Immie

what was that line of lincoln's about a house divided?

somebody is doing a real good job of dividing our house pitting liberal against conservative.

ambiguity reigns. fear and loathing rule.

There is a differance. I have yet to see any liberals stating that those of conservative views are not Americans. I have yet to see any liberals stating that when they get power their first objective is to 'eliminate' all liberals.

you dont read much ....do ya Rocks....

The one thing the illegals protesting the Arizona law enforcing the federal law and the one thing the Islamic extremist murderer cowards don't understand is that if they keep pushing, eventually we Americans will say enough and WE will push back. But we all have the guns and we have the fight in us. We all have the unity to destroy them. The Tea party is just one example of everyday Americans saying enough is enough. If the illegals and the Islamic pigs bring the war to us, we will kill them all.

:eusa_eh:

there would be over 9000 threads on the subject

Holder hasn't! And it took a while for the media to call these douches a spade when they were clearly a spade!

Holder hasn't what? I provided one quote where he called one a terrorist (Times Square).

It took a few days to get there though. ;) I suspect the Federal Government was the last to know. Image over substance.

or perhaps they felt it responsible to have evidence before getting the torch and pitchfork crowd going.

Where's the media on this one? Mute:
By karoli Wednesday May 19, 2010 2:00pm

On May 10th, a middle-aged man carried a can of gasoline and a pipe bomb into the Jacksonville Islamic Center of Northeast Florida during evening prayers and detonated it. Fortunately, there were no injuries to people, though the bomb did damage property.

The surveillance video above gives a fairly decent picture of this man, who is clearly white, middle-aged, and on a mission.

The local news is all over it, of course. WOKV.com reports the FBI investigating it as a hate crime and possible domestic terrorism.

"It was a dangerous device, and had anybody been around it they could have been seriously injured or killed," says Special Agent James Casey. "We want to sort of emphasize the seriousness of the thing and not let people believe that this was just a match and a little bit of gasoline that was spread around."

Casey says surveillance video from the Islamic Center shows the arsonist carrying gasoline and the pipe bomb. When the explosive went off, parts of it were found 100 feet away on 9A.

So, a mosque is bombed by a white guy and the bomb isn't exactly small, but the national media sees no value in reporting it? Really? And yet, that is evidently the case.

Remember the times square coverage?! It dominated news.

All I can say is good, I hope people bomb a few more. Now why don't you take your support for OWEbama and go fuck yourself.
So, Timmy Junior, you get wet dreams over every single bombing or attempted bombing that happens?

Last edited:
Where's the media on this one? Mute:
By karoli Wednesday May 19, 2010 2:00pm

On May 10th, a middle-aged man carried a can of gasoline and a pipe bomb into the Jacksonville Islamic Center of Northeast Florida during evening prayers and detonated it. Fortunately, there were no injuries to people, though the bomb did damage property.

The surveillance video above gives a fairly decent picture of this man, who is clearly white, middle-aged, and on a mission.

The local news is all over it, of course. WOKV.com reports the FBI investigating it as a hate crime and possible domestic terrorism.

"It was a dangerous device, and had anybody been around it they could have been seriously injured or killed," says Special Agent James Casey. "We want to sort of emphasize the seriousness of the thing and not let people believe that this was just a match and a little bit of gasoline that was spread around."

Casey says surveillance video from the Islamic Center shows the arsonist carrying gasoline and the pipe bomb. When the explosive went off, parts of it were found 100 feet away on 9A.

So, a mosque is bombed by a white guy and the bomb isn't exactly small, but the national media sees no value in reporting it? Really? And yet, that is evidently the case.

Remember the times square coverage?! It dominated news.

Problems with this story. Crooksandliars appears to be lying about something.
no bomb went off inside the building

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media/118137-suspicions-about-the-florida-mosque-bombing-story.html#post2332815 http://www.news4jax.com/news/23529601/detail.html

Last edited:
Um, last I checked, Jacksonville was EAST Florida.

A huge racist problem? I don't know about that. We have our racists and I will say that it drives me crazy. I know some people who I would consider racists, but I don't know that the problem is any worse than anywhere else. I know some people I would call racist who actually hire black people to work in their business, but you should hear them talk about black people when there are none around. The amazing thing is that they appear to think that there is nothing wrong with that behavior.

Immie

Oh, duh, I was thinking of Talahassee. My bad. LOL.

Forum List

Back